PDA

View Full Version : Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe HTT link bug

SoulsCollective
06-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey all
I've been given a mate's system to troubleshoot a couple of bugs and install some more RAM, a new heatsink, and OC. The first aren't a problem but the last is - the damn HTT link appears to be locked at a 5x multi, no matter what it's set to in BIOS - I've tried every option available, from 1x through to 5x, and also the Auto setting, but no matter what I do CPU-Z still reports the HTT at what it would be if I was using a 5x, and as the CPU (A64 3000+ Winnie) craps out at what should be an easy OC of 200MHz (using a Noctua NH-U12F and two Artic Cooling 12025s in push/pull and trying voltages up to 1.5V), I'm inclined to agree with it.

CPU Multi is set to 9x, VCore is at 1.45V, RAM is set to DDR333 (and thus a 4:5 divider), HTT is set to 221 ATM (and thus a bus speed of 1105) as that's the highest I can get without the HTT bus rendering OCs unstable, and as stated above HTT multi has been set from 1x to 5x inclusive. CnQ is off.

I've flashed the board up to the Premium BIOS to get a hold of chipset and HTT voltages, but the problem also occurs on both the latest Deluxe BIOS (Asus stopped support, so it's from '05) and the virgin BIOS the board was shipped with. Any ideas?

SoulsCollective
06-30-2007, 02:24 AM
*bump*

Any ideas?

SoF
06-30-2007, 04:06 AM
I have the A8N SLI and don't have any problems with 1009 or 1011 bios version (tried nearly all available from normal A8N SLI over Premium to Deluxe).
2 and 3 worked best for me, 4 with trouble during post.