PDA

View Full Version : InsanelyMac Forum gets pwned by hackers...

FragTek
06-26-2007, 10:17 AM
See for yourself!

http://www.insanelymac.com/

Sucks to be them, and not have the password to decrypt their backups, hehe...

MAValpha
06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Yes it's funny, but at the same time they are fellow computer enthusiasts. (It's not their fault they chose the Dark Side... :p:) We should be sympathetic, IMO.

nn_step
06-26-2007, 12:17 PM
They should have used Linux to host their Mac forum :p:

xVeinx
06-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Hope they can get their servers back up. Getting hacked sucks.

afireinside
06-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Yes it's funny, but at the same time they are fellow computer enthusiasts. (It's not their fault they chose the Dark Side... :p:) We should be sympathetic, IMO.

Honestly almost 99% of mac forum users know NOTHING about their hardware other than what apple tells them.

I find this hilarious.

FragTek
06-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Mac's, more than anything. I 100% believe that OS X is the best OS around, that's why I use it!

What I really found funny was that they didn't have the password to their encrypted backup files, haha.

sky
06-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Honestly almost 99% of mac forum users know NOTHING about their hardware other than what apple tells them.

I find this hilarious.

well in their case the percentage ought to be quite a bit lower as there's some, if not most (anymore) of the guys who brought osx to hackintosh, aka regular pcs. of course there's loads of mac users who know jack about the workings of their machine, but why would they? if you can't really change much of it, why bother. kinda like with all the dell, hp whatever boxes or general laptop users...

whatever.. i hope they get their stuff back up, and soon. i usually check it once every two days

`danny
06-28-2007, 11:27 PM

I find this hilarious.

So true...

ozzimark
06-29-2007, 05:27 AM

I find this hilarious.

same is true with pc users. we definitely make up less than 1% of the pc users.. ;)

selectodude
06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
They should have used Linux to host their Mac forum :p:

I find this hilarious.

It was an IPB exploit. The OS itself was never compromised.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mac's, more than anything. I 100% believe that OS X is the best OS around, that's why I use it!

What I really found funny was that they didn't have the password to their encrypted backup files, haha.

Exactly. That's really funny.

mukmaster
07-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Dude insanely mac forums was worthy enough to get hacked.:rofl: