PDA

View Full Version : Help converting DVD's to Mpeg-4

TadehI
06-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Hello, My friend and I have a common issue, and that is converting our DVD’s to ipod format. She has a mac and I have a pc. I don’t know a lot about macs, so me helping her is a learning experience. I assume the steps are you put the dvd in to your drive, decrypt it, convert it, and import the files into itunes right? I basically need this to be free, so I found her a program called mactheripper which did the decrypting, and used a program called isquirt and that gave a lot of error and got stuck on a section while converting. I guess I am looking for advice on what programs to use and how to work them. I personally use DVD decryptor and videodora which does it okay but I have yet to do one successfully. I really want to help her because she is a really good friend so any help is great thanks!

ugp
06-27-2007, 03:27 AM
For Macs use a program called handbrake. It has preset profiles for iPods even. This is the best program around no questions asked.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/

TadehI
06-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks

zerotol
06-29-2007, 06:12 AM
ive also heard that mac plays all avc , you easily do this by using a program from nero : its called nero recode

nfm
07-02-2007, 12:37 PM
DGMPGDec & avisynth & x264