PDA

View Full Version : Asetek GPU-CPU water cooling review???

Kibosh
06-24-2007, 04:48 AM
Hey guy's

I'm still looking for some reviews about radiators. I want to cool my QX6700 with a single rad but the word is fifty fifty that it will be enough. Probably with a high noise fan it can do the job but still, will it be enough and what can temps will I have?

In my search I came across this review of the Asetek CPU-CPU watercooling for OEM's (http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=412&Itemid=40). Is this true?????

Checking the numbers of that 3DMark06 score is strange because I'm running also a QX6700 and it scores 4000 points instead of 1500. Either I'm missing something or this article is a big lie

If any one of you came across a review or a test with a QX6700 and a single 1x120mm radiator, pls let me know. It's because it's so expensive, otherwhile I could give the test results ;)

Frank M
06-24-2007, 05:24 AM
Looks strange.
I've heard Asetek is going into the LCLC business, and also seen this pump and
cpu-block, but the rad is not the usual BIP used by Asetek, it's an alphacool
nexxxos; also, it's scratched, dented, corroded, so it has been in use for some
time; lastly, the gpu-cooling looks very bland, different plastic and texture from
the pump, etc.
So I highly doubt it's authenticity. :eh:

Kibosh
06-24-2007, 06:50 AM
What does the LCLC stand for? Also BIP?

Nazu
06-24-2007, 07:14 AM
LCLC=Low Cost Liquid Cooling
BIP= Black Ice Pro (radiator used in PC watercooling and made by HW labs)

Frank M
06-24-2007, 07:36 AM

Asetek has been traditionally using HWLabs Black Ice rads, while that rad is it's
rival's, Alphacool's rad. Utterly suspicious. Also, look at that graphics cooling -
does it look like it was made by a professional company?

Back to your original question, though:
A single 120 can cool both your QX6700 and 8800GTX? Maybe with the 220cfm
Delta monster, it will come down to around 60-70°C idle :D
IMHO, a 2×120 is the bare minimum for a cpu+gpu combo, but to get good
temps with such hot components and overclocking, a 3×120 would be better.

Only the cpu with a single 120 will work, but your temps will be high.

Patriote
06-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Only the cpu with a single 120 will work, but your temps will be high.

And therefore won't allow you to overclock that much. Remember that it's a Quad core.

Clay
06-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Here's a kit for that.(If ya' gotta' have a kit) You might want a PA120.3 instead of the swiftech rad though.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecosliel.html

That'll put ya' in bussiness.. Should be about right for your rig,. Total cost less than 1 graphic' card.

(Hope "Petra" doesn't mind the plug.)

I hope you'll forgive me. But my opinion of most kit's is very very low. Prrobably because good air cooling is usually much better. And a hunderd other reasons. (Exceptions "Petra's" and very very few others.)

Kibosh
06-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Thx for the replies but some got me wrong I guess :shrug:

Well then, I was surfing to find some figures about the radiators to do some maths. And while doing so, I came across the article which looked fals :shakes: to me, so that's why this post.

Now for my rig. I only want to cool the cpu. I'm not going to cool graphic cards or other stuff. Just the cpu. I'm been looking for a better solution as the tuniq I'm running now. At this moment I can't overclock it like I want. That is an OC of 3.2GHz. Now it's running at stock speed with a load temperature of 68°C coretemp. So no room to OC. :cool:

So whatever there exists in the world of cpu cooling, I'm looking into it. The Coolit Freezone looked good at first but then after some more reading I found out it can't handle the QX6700. :(

But yeah, a single watercooling radiator probably won't do the trick. But like I said, I'm just looking for some numbers so I can compare or know what to expect... WC is for me to expensive to start testing myself. When I buy, I want to be sure what I'm buying and what result it will give.

Clay
06-24-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry I missunderstood your question. Still I would build the best loop I could. But if you really want a single core rad the PA160 is about the best you'll find. (Should be OK for quad) But it's big though. You'd might as well get a 120.2. I've never heard of anyone watercooling a quad with a single core rad before. (Until today that is. ) Why bother? To make a decent diffrence you'll want at least a double. (Triple better yet.PA's best of all)

Many reviewer sometimes tend to slant things. They tend to sometimes omit certain conditions. Such as ambient air temps. Or did you notice? I also noticed they didn't run othros on that quad. They really didn't test it at all. 3dm06 is no sure sign of stablity.

Still they claim 3400mhz. I wonder if they were only running on only 1-2 cores.. That could explain your diffrence in cpu scores.. (If so it's fake)

My honest best advice is read the stickies. And build the best loop you can.

Best to you. On that. Let us know,what you decide.

Kibosh
06-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Hey Clay, no worries,

I did a lot off studie today, again....

Because of the single rad will not or just do the job, I decided to go for a double one. It's all to expensive to play with luck on this.
Now after looking and again looking in my case, the only place I could place it, will be in the side-door (http://www.hardware.info/en-UK/productdb/bGNkaJiSmJbK/viewphoto/5) that normally can hold 4 fans.

Now when I choose to do that, the rad with the fans will be close to the mobo. Will that give a problem with the heat?

Also that sidedoor is build out of plastic. Will it melt when the radiator is fixed on it? Here is a link for pictures on the case... (http://www.hardware.info/en-UK/productdb/bGNkaJiSmJbK/viewproduct/Cooler_Master_Stacker_830/)

And because when it's mounted on the door, the tubing need to move also. Are they flexible enough? Or do I need then a special brand?

Thanx already for your patience :up:

PS: I've read the sticky's twice. It helps a lot, but still... When you are a n00b like me, you want to be sure. 300 euro's is still 300 euro's