Has Been Tested And Is 100% Working

http://rapidshare.com/files/38739037/Halo.2.XP.Patch-NoGrp.rar

Installation Instructions:

1) Extract the archive.
2) Insert the Halo 2 DVD
3) Run Startup.exe on the Halo 2 DVD using the included Loader.exe
Ie.: Loader.exe D:\Startup.exe
4) Install the game.
5) Install XLiveRedist1.0.6027.msi and vcredist.msi from the \redists dir on the Halo 2 DVD.
6) Copy the following files into the directory you installed Halo 2:
dwmapi.dll, mf.dll, MFPlat.dll
7) Finished. To play the game, run halo2.exe using the included Loader.exe
Ie.: Loader.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\halo2.exe"

Might Have to copy MF.dll into my win/sys32 folder, not the install directory

RAW-Raptor22
06-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Cool, nice find man.

GAR
06-22-2007, 10:30 PM
that game looks like crap.....i wouldnt wanna play it if it was free. They are charging 49.99 for a 3 year old game, and it's got so many bugs its not even worth 19.99

KoHaN69
06-23-2007, 02:36 AM
im glad i waited and not wasted my time with vista, thanks

THERE's AN EASY installer/uninstaler for XP here:

www.halo2xp.tk

TEDY
06-23-2007, 11:55 PM
HOW TO PLAY HALO 2 ON WINDOWS XP:

Installation Instructions:
1) Extract the archive.
2) Insert the Halo 2 DVD
3) Run Startup.exe on the Halo 2 DVD using the included Loader.exe
Ie.: Loader.exe D:\Startup.exe
4) Install the game.
5) Install XLiveRedist1.0.6027.msi and vcredist.msi from the \redists dir on the Halo 2 DVD.
6) Copy the following files into the directory you installed Halo 2:
dwmapi.dll, mf.dll, MFPlat.dll
7) Finished. To play the game, run halo2.exe using the included Loader.exe
Ie.: Loader.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\halo2.exe"

Notes:
You need to be logged in with an administrator account for Loader.exe to work, since it uses privileged API's.
Currently the code for playing the intro and credits movies is unimplemented,
so if you want to see them you'll have to play them yourself (they're located in \movie).
I haven't tested the online functionality of the game, it will probably need more attention.

Have fun playing Smile

/xtc

Copy mf.dll from NoGrp (xp patch) into \\WINDOWS\\System32 and copy mf.dll from Razor1911 into your game directory.

For those having problems with activation after first level in XP.

I've used Halo_2_Repack-Razor1911 for the installation.

--

Performance goes up 30% with XP. Graphics detail high! Everything loads faster too!

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://rapidshare.com/files/38638045/WowLoader-0.2.rar
http://www.MegaShare.com/211426 (password: tl)

PROOF THAT IT WORKS: http://image.bayimg.com/aa/al/ga/ab/k.jpg

DTU_XaVier
06-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Argh, now I'm forced to buy the game, I wanna play Halo 2 again :D

xenoasd
06-24-2007, 09:22 AM
not to bring out illegal things... does it work with burned halo 2?

GazC
06-24-2007, 09:31 AM
^ lets see how long that post lasts....

This is great news btw, I knew someone would manage to find a way to do this. Now I just look forward to this being done to a game I'd actually want to play!

KoHaN69
06-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Wat if you fudged up, tried to uninstall, couldn't, tried deleting files, and now get this error:

Halo 2 For Windows Vista

Files are missing or damaged in the installation directory.

Some important files required to run this game are missing in the installation directory.

[OK]

:help:

RADCOM
06-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Wat if you fudged up, tried to uninstall, couldn't, tried deleting files, and now get this error:

Halo 2 For Windows Vista

Files are missing or damaged in the installation directory.

Some important files required to run this game are missing in the installation directory.

[OK]

:help:
Delete the installation folder, run a good registry cleaner then try again or reinstall the game and then try to remove it.
Anyone know if it runs any faster on XP than on Vista?

DilTech
06-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Delete the installation folder, run a good registry cleaner then try again or reinstall the game and then try to remove it.

That question was answered earlier in the thread.

Performance goes up 30% with XP. Graphics detail high! Everything loads faster too!

KoHaN69
06-24-2007, 05:57 PM

I obviously tried that already, did not work.

The Windows Uninstaller in Add/Remove programs does NOT WORK IN XP

The solution was found at beloved PB.

Deleted Halo2 folder in ...user\application data\micorsoft games\halo2

searching and deleting all keys

AND most importantly

running CD:\redist\H2V-licr.msi

allowed me to install again through loader.exe

v a d e R`
06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Has anyone been able to create an online game through XP? Me and my friend want to play together through Hamachi...

KoHaN69
06-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Has anyone been able to create an online game through XP? Me and my friend want to play together through Hamachi...

In halo 2 options>network setting make sure to switch your adapter to hamachi

and post your ip on http://www.networks.hamachi-games.net/ !!

KoHaN69
06-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Update!!

If you have install/uninstall problems and get an error while clicking [CUSTOM INSTALL]

then:

To fix this, delete the entire Halo 2 dir in program files, and then delete "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games", "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\SL", and "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Microsoft"

Now run the Startup.exe and the custom install option should work.

DTU_XaVier
06-29-2007, 05:31 AM
Okay, I have some problems, namely how to use Loader.exe...
When I double-click it, A black box appears for a second, then goes away, and no program is run... What to do?

DTU_XaVier
06-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Got around the Loader-problem, but now, when I start the game, it appears to start properly, but when it gets to a loading/welcome-screen saying Halo 2, it goes back to windows, no warning-prompt, nothing.. Just a reduced resolution (640x480 I suppose)...
Any ideas?

Best Regards :toast:

ColonelCain
06-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Will it work in multiplayer though?

And, i am wondering if Microsoft will try to patch it.... I hope not...

triple_A
06-30-2007, 05:43 AM
I got it working :D
what a crap game it is..
I think it won't take long before i'll uninstall it.

DTU_XaVier
06-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Got it working as well, and I must admit, compared to some of the recent shooters, it's a small letdown... But if you love Halo and have played the first game on the PC, this is great fun... :)
BTW, for reference, I fixed my problem by downloading the July SDK of DX9C...

the_panther
07-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I have a problem with the activation, how do i activate the game
i only played the 1st mission because of that so please tell me how to activate the game.

Thank you.

DTU_XaVier
07-01-2007, 02:25 PM
You need to put the MF.dll file into the C:\Windows\Sys32\ folder, that'll do the trick... Otherwise, just activate it... You DO have it legally, right? ;)

the_panther
07-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Yes, my copy is legal.
Do you mean directory System32 in the word Sys32, if that's the the case then i've already done that but it didn't work at all it appears the same message "sorry ... please exit and re-insert halo2 disk in order to appear the activation part on the menu" or something like that but i re-insert the disk and appears nothing more than the usual options. O man i really wanted to play the game without windows vista and without using the original disk so i won't damage it.

Where would i activate it if it doesn't apears nothing about activation?

I'm really getting desperate. :brick: :bsod:

Zocker
07-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi i have a problem to install the game again because i have installed the game but now i wanted to delete all of halo 2 to choose custom install. I have delted so much files from the registry. Now i cant install the game again. This maggage comes : Files are missing or damaged for Installation or so????? What can i do to solve this problem. I have borrow me the game too???

PS: I have read the message above too but what is PB??? Is that PunkBuster??? An what i schould search in the Registry??? I have searching for halo 2 i have deleted all of them but what can i search for too???

DTU_XaVier
07-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Make sure to delete the Microsoft Games Folders in your C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ folder, as well as one called Microsoft\SL in the Application Data folder...
Here's a link to a tutorial on it, you don't need the .iso as it says though:
http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=81123

the_panther
07-02-2007, 02:20 PM
thanks people i'm now playing the rest of the game thank you very much :worship: a great thank you from this Portuguese user. :up:

Ryan1847
07-05-2007, 04:15 PM
XaVier, how did you get the loader to work? I cant figure out how it works, I click on it, but as u said, all i get is the box, and i dont know what exactly to do

DTU_XaVier
07-06-2007, 02:34 AM
XaVier, how did you get the loader to work? I cant figure out how it works, I click on it, but as u said, all i get is the box, and i dont know what exactly to do
I figured out that wasn't the way to do it...
You have to go to the start-menu, click on run, type CMD
And then drag the loader-file into the command-prompt window... Then make a space, and drag the startup.exe into the same window... Then press enter...
Done deal :)
Same thing goes for when you have to start the game after install... Just use the Halo2.exe file instead...

The best way to do it is to make a shortcut for the loader, and then in destination, type in the path for your Halo2.exe file after the quotation-marks...

Zocker
07-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Is it important to play online the game with the original key. Because i tried it and it wont work. It always says pleasye try again or wait????? I dont know why it is but i have the original key??? Do it work on hamachi if yes whicht network can i join???

mfg Zocker

PS: Sry for my English^^

KoHaN69
07-06-2007, 12:58 PM
thers a site that has an easy installer and uninstaller:

halo2xp.tk or http://halo2xp.web1000.com/

shogun
07-14-2007, 11:00 AM
thers a site that has an easy installer and uninstaller:

halo2xp.tk or http://halo2xp.web1000.com/

nice one! this one is an idiot-proof :D
erm... but i still got a problem :shakes: damn
i installed halo 2 my laptop using the prog. of the page on -> success! everything works perfectly!
so I tried and failed installing Halo² on my 2nd comp... error is always the same (I used same way as on my first pc-.-):

Live-Gaming for Windows could not be initiated. Reason could be, that another program is actually running using Live-feature (e.g. a Halo² dedicated server). Otherwise could a reinstallation help solving the problem (translated by me from german original version)
I reinstalled and tried everything to make it work properly... no way :(

any1 knows what to do???

thanks in advance ;)
greetz shogun

v a d e R`
07-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey guys, I was playing the game today. I finished the level where the Arbiter gets shot and thrown off the bridge after receiving the index. Right after the cut scene I got an error that said "Please insert Halo2 CD" wtf?! It didn't save either :( Any help please?

v a d e R`
07-15-2007, 01:33 AM
CRAP. I reinstalled Halo and my stupid save games got deleted! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can anyone hook me up with their save file, please?! I was at the level after the arbiter gets thrown off by the hairy beast thing (lol).

KoHaN69
07-15-2007, 01:43 PM
CRAP. I reinstalled Halo and my stupid save games got deleted! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can anyone hook me up with their save file, please?! I was at the level after the arbiter gets thrown off by the hairy beast thing (lol).

rename the map u want to play as 00_intro.map or something

there's a fix by dopeman @ www.halo2xp.tk

afaik u cant use other people's savegames at all

Major_A
07-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Man this game looks like poo poo and runs the same. I don't understand how a game that can look so bad can run so bad. They didn't try hard when they ported this POS over to the PC either. The controls still show the Xbox controller.

I played Halo 1, I wasn't impressed. I guess it was the first console FPS to really get the console people impressed with the FPS genre. The story seems weak, the graphics are blah and there isn't anything revolutionary with the gameplay. I just don't get it.

xenoasd
07-18-2007, 03:20 AM
Man this game looks like poo poo and runs the same.

thats why u play the xbox version :P