PDA

View Full Version : dvd burning?

gouda96
06-21-2003, 08:14 PM
anyone know of a good dvd burner for around $300. I am looking to ...uh...Backup...yeah...backup...my dvd movies, so what is some good dvd to dvd burning software? I have heard of dvd x copy, but i don't know if it is any good. Let me know, thanks.

TheDude
06-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Get the Sony model 500ua(something) Dont remember exact model #...burns both mediums and may be slightly over $300 but worth it and yes xcopy works great...xcopy express doesn't write all the files but allows you to burn entire DVD to one cd instead of 2. I just found out about express version from a post in here somewhere. :D

baker18
06-21-2003, 10:25 PM
I have a Pioneer A05 and it works very good. You can get them nowadays for $199. DvdX express works better than dvdx. It will backup your dvd movie into one dvd instead of 2. Only drawback is it will only copy the movie itself. No menus, special features, etc just the movie.

baker18

gouda96
06-22-2003, 09:23 AM
sounds great guys. My friend just got the Pioneer A05, and i suggested it without much research (I have built machines for 4 friends in the last month without being payed, so they can live with my minimal research :D), so i am glad it was a good choice. So with dvdx xpress i can get the movie, sounds great. as long as i get the movie on 1 dvd i don't care about menus, infact I would almost prefer to not have menus some times.

Is there any sacrifice of quality, or is it a perfect copy?

thanks alot guys:exclamati I am going to pick one of these up with my next machine, so i can...backup...my movies eheheh:exclamati

KennethChong
06-22-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by TheDude
Get the Sony model 500ua(something) Dont remember exact model #...burns both mediums and may be slightly over $300 but worth it and yes xcopy works great...xcopy express doesn't write all the files but allows you to burn entire DVD to one cd instead of 2. I just found out about express version from a post in here somewhere. :D

Thats the one i have, works wonders.

mdzcpa
06-22-2003, 04:43 PM
I also have the Sony DRU 510A...it's simply the best right now.

gouda96
06-22-2003, 06:11 PM
sounds good, i will look into it :D

thanks guys:banana:

daddy_fizz
06-22-2003, 09:07 PM
I just got a Pioneer A05 works great.

Personally i just stick with dvd-r/w don't want to spend another 100+ just to be able to burn both formats when dvd-r does it fine for me

as for "backup software"

i would highly recommend checking out
_www.doom9.org_
they have the best info/guides/free software of any site i've ever seen

i personally use DVDshrink to backup my movies-it is freeware and definetly the easiest one-click backup software out there. Quality is good too -best of all its free

enjoy

~Fizz