PDA

View Full Version : Can you fit an SS in here?

silverphoenix
06-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Is it possible to fit a compressor and condensor in the bottom of this case? I love the style of this case but Lian Li makes full tower vs of every mid tower except this one.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104&products_id=20783

Rockhammer
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
If I'm looking at that correctly, it appears that the bottom bay is roughly the same height as a standard PSU turned on edge which is about 6 inches. You might wait for one of the more experienced members to chime in, but I think you need closer to 9 inches of clearance for a typical compressor.

kamongear
06-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Is it possible to fit a compressor and condensor in the bottom of this case? I love the style of this case but Lian Li makes full tower vs of every mid tower except this one.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104&products_id=20783

I have both a V2100(It fits here) and an A10B. It would take quite a bit of modding to make it fit.

silverphoenix
06-21-2007, 05:51 PM
What is the size of the lower section of the 2000 series cases? I'm wondering if a danfoss NF11FX will fit there.

gosmeyer
06-21-2007, 05:54 PM
9.500 tall for 2000

wdrzal
06-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Their air flow is wrong from IMO,the fan at the top blowing in, heat rises!!!! Cool air falls !!! The warmest part of the case is the top ,if you have a fan on top it should exhaust. cool air is at the floor.

In a room with no fans blowing or central air or window A/C moving air around:

Air temperature stratifies about 1 degree per foot. So a Room with no fans,no air moving with a 8 foot ceiling will be About 8 degrees cooler @ the floor, or 8 degrees hotter @ the ceiling how ever you look at it. Whats below the floor and the Ceiling also comes in to play. The temps in those spaces influance the space your are in.

If I was designing a case the inlets would be as low as possible to take in the cooler air @ the floor.

silverphoenix
06-21-2007, 06:05 PM
I found this little bugger that will fit, but I have no idea if it is even capable of handling any loads.

http://www.rparts.com/Catalog/Major_Components/compressors/Danfoss/BD80F_compressor.pdf

[XC] 2long4u
06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
12volt FTL:down: !

wdrzal
06-21-2007, 09:40 PM
12volt FTL:down: !

On the plus side: DC motors have lots of torque and the speed can be varried by voltage.

once @ the correct AC voltage a simple Bridge rectifier of the correct wattage will switch AC to DC . stack up about 2 or 3 nickles and thats about the largest it would be.

Rockhammer
06-22-2007, 05:13 AM
It would be a challenging build. That compressor doesn't have a lot of grunt, so you shouldn't expect very low evaporator temps. You might do about as well with water cooling.

silverphoenix
06-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Damn you Lian Li!!!! I love that case design lol. I'm trying to think of possible ways to make an external one mebe I can put on the bottom that will match the case...

kamongear
06-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Damn you Lian Li!!!! I love that case design lol. I'm trying to think of possible ways to make an external one mebe I can put on the bottom that will match the case...

If you want it to look just right I would actually contact a fabrication shop if I were you.

tim-
06-22-2007, 08:32 AM
nothing is impossible... I think it's more about how much work you would like to put in there.

you can get a unit which holds -40@200watts load with a size of 20x20x40cm (8x8x16 inch).

you have to place psu somewhere else or maybe, if it possible turn in 90dgr, hdds need to be moved.. otherwise there is no problems to get it fit in.. an other option is to get a vertical rotary.. but still you have to remove hdds and proberbly psu too.

my second thought is.. why not get a case for gor phase in same design as the pc case?

silverphoenix
06-22-2007, 09:33 AM
my second thought is.. why not get a case for gor phase in same design as the pc case?

huh? I should get a case that matches the pc case? That is what I'm thinking but I'm going to have to fab it myself. Or if I had moeny to burn buy two of the pc cases but they are $230 each...

AliG
06-22-2007, 09:40 AM

If you're going to pay $230 for a case, why not get the v2000b or v2100b?
I personally think the v2000b is a better looker (but that's just me), but the thing is that plenty of people have built phases in the bottom of it, so that means you're guaranteed to have room down there.

And the v2100b is the silent version of the v2000b, if I remember correctly, it uses steel like the p180(b) by antec, and I like the flipped mobo concept anyways, once again, this is all just my opinion

Ali

tim-
06-22-2007, 10:00 AM
silverphoenix:
like the lianli case for prommy mach1+2.. something like that.. the only thing thats hard do make is front.. the rest of it is peace of cake.

silverphoenix
06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
I do like the flipped mobo to, but I just really like the clean style of the A10, I wasn't a big fan of the perferated holes and the curves the V series had. I was hoping they would make a full tower vs of the A10 but to no avail there isnt.

AliG
06-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I hear ya, I personally like the holes and what not, but I know everyone has a different taste. I remember how all my friends yelled at me for switching out of this fancy aspire case I had with a bunch of lights to a p180b, but I've never been sorry once I did that, I just wish i had the money for a v2000b instead, but I'm still very content, it's simple, quiet and has tons of airflow after some simple mods