PDA

View Full Version : MBM 5.1.9.1 and BD7-ii Raid

PiLsY
07-01-2002, 05:28 PM
Anyone know if it works or am I limited to the Abit one (and is it any good? :p)?

Thx,

PiLsY.

OPPAINTER
07-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Worked for me:D

OPP

PiLsY
07-02-2002, 08:58 AM
Thx :).

Installing my first XP partition now.

One thing I have noticed - the temp sensors are WAY off. Apparently my cpu temp is 42c and my system temp is 45c while sitting in bios. Granted I have no system fans while I rebuild my wiring loom, but even so its not even vaguely near 25c system temp. Turning the cpu fan on high does nothing to lower temps, but it does knock 2c off the case temp?!

I'll check the seating as the v7+ is notorious for fouling on the retention posts, but I made damned sure it was on. I'll clip the posts later just to be sure. The heatsink is barely even warming up, so im certain the cpu temp is wrong too.

Incase youre wondering this is all at deault 16 x 100 and std vcore. Increasing cpu speed to 2133 and vcore to max doesnt affect temps.

Not too bothered anyway tbh. Since moving back to air cooling ive forgotten about temps - if its stable its ok. Need to adjust my voltages back down tho as im currently at 12.26 and 5.26 load with 1.68vcore. That P4S333 was a power monster.

Anyway, back to business, hope to have an initial MX440 run by the end of tonight.

PiLsY.

OPPAINTER
07-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by PiLsY
Thx :).

Installing my first XP partition now.

One thing I have noticed - the temp sensors are WAY off. Apparently my cpu temp is 42c and my system temp is 45c while sitting in bios. Granted I have no system fans while I rebuild my wiring loom, but even so its not even vaguely near 25c system temp. Turning the cpu fan on high does nothing to lower temps, but it does knock 2c off the case temp?!

PiLsY.

Heres what I got from Abit on the System temps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi OPP,

It is normal. The system thermal sensor is located between serial port
connector and MOS. That is why the temps so high while your CPU is full

PiLsY
07-02-2002, 03:14 PM
Thank you kindly oh fountain of knowledge ;).

Going fairly well so far - had the cpu up to 2.9 thru 3dmark(which isnt too shabby for an air cooled 4 month old 1.6a) but got a 3 second clock throttle during the end of the high dragothic test. Took me 1.83v to get it up there and the v7+ just cant cut that output in thsi weather. A few degrees cooler air and Id be fine. If only this board had a 4:5 mem divider - itd be perfect. Youre bang on about the voltage, its just slightly too low. Even 2.8v wouldve done at a push. Another thing which has really annoyed me is that my raid controller craps out at 43.75mhz pci which means I cant quite use the 44mhz fix option - foiled!

Anyway, good results so far.

165mhz / 212mhz = 6503 marks (no gfx clocking / MX440 / 42mhz pci)
176mhz / 176mhz = 6521 marks (again no gfx clock but pci fixed to 37)

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and run at 1.83v for 3dmark - 180mhz with fastest timings seems to be the sweet spot (although sandra disagrees). I may have a go at forcing 1.8vcore as that should see me to 180mhz without throttling the cpu at all.

Anyway, its looking good for when my Ti4200 arrives ;).

PiLsY.

OPPAINTER
07-02-2002, 06:47 PM
Strange about your Raid controller, mine did great at fixed 44.
Bummer.

OPP

CSHawkeye81
07-02-2002, 06:56 PM
good luck with your board man, i love mine i just need a better psu, which will probably be an antec true power 550.

PiLsY
07-03-2002, 11:19 AM
Well after a few hours running its now peachy at 44mhz setting :). Guess it just needed bedding in a bit.

Ive hit my first hurdle tho - the onboard audio wont work. Ive just backed down to 37mhz pci again to see if that was it, am about to try 33mhz. the gameport and midi ports work, just the actual audio doesnt. Shame theres no force enabled setting in bios or anything, only auto or disabled.

I need the audio or the board will have to go back (and get swapped for an IT7 :p).

PiLsY.