PDA

View Full Version : OS X Question/Help

ugp
06-19-2007, 02:47 PM
I recetly got a new LCD TV. A 37" to be exact. It has a VGA input but for some reason OS X is not detecting the resolutions properly and the TV will not accept the output from my MacBook.

I know the VGA out works. I tested it at work on other TVs and it worked flawlessly. I know the VGA on the TV works because I tested that with a VGA XBOX 360 cable and it looks perfect through that. So I am really confused. Is there anyway I can override the resolutions some how and set my own in with the proper refresh rate? I believe this is why the TV won't accept it.

The TV supports 1368x768@60Hz. This is perfect for the 720p HD-DVD Rips I get. I want to get a Mac Mini to hook to the TV but I am affraid OS X will detect the TV wrong with that as well. Funny thing is that even the DVI-to-HDMI doesn't work either for some reason.

Any help of ideas would be great. I have been looking for weeks now trying to figure this one out.

ugp
06-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Nothing at all? No one knows how to do this? :(

Vapor
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
try this:

open terminal
"sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist"

add two lines:
" <key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1368x768x32</string> "

then hit ctrl+x, y, enter, reboot

all from memory, but it should work.

dippyskoodlez
06-21-2007, 05:54 PM
try this:

open terminal
"sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist"

add two lines:
" <key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1368x768x32</string> "

then hit ctrl+x, y, enter, reboot

all from memory, but it should work.

Sounds pretty close if not exact :rofl:

Not positive pico works in os x though. Should be able to open the plist in textedit aswell, though. likely have to use administrative privs to copy the plist back in though. (which is why the sudo is there)

Vapor
06-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I tried with textedit....I couldn't save it...

I had to do that like 10x times on various installs on my Hackintosh, so hopefully I have it committed to memory :p:

ugp
06-22-2007, 05:36 PM
It is not showing that resolution. When I boot the Mac up the TV will display VGA 720p for a second and then go away. And then every once in awhile the TV will flicker. I don't get it.

Now those lines I add within the <dict></dict> correct?

Moto7451
06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Pico is available on OS X. Sudo pico etc etc is the way to go.

ugp
07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I still have no such luck at all. I completely gave up on it. No sense in it...I am just going to get an Acer Slimline Desktop PC from work. We have a nice little one for $450 and I get 10&#37; off.