PDA

View Full Version : How Much Heat Dissipated With D-TEK dB1?

mak1skav
06-14-2007, 04:14 AM
Hello guys

Until now my relation with watercooling was only in theory but after so much reading in this forum i am thinking that the time has come for me to build my first watercooling setup :) .

I have to say that i don't want something extreme for the beginning and i would like it to be as quiet as it can be.

I am thinking to buy these parts

Pump : D-TEK dB1 (I think it is really quiet)
Block : D-TEK Fuzion
Radiator : Thermochill PA160.1
Reservoir : Swiftech MCRES-MICRO

on the radiatior i am going to use a Scythe SFF21F S-FLEX fan (63.7/28 dBA) and the tubes will be 3/8"

So i would like to know if you can tell me from your experience how much Heat Dissipated in Watts these parts can handle.

Thanks in advance for your help and your time to read this and answer me :)

ranker
06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Hello guys

Until now my relation with watercooling was only in theory but after so much reading in this forum i am thinking that the time has come for me to build my first watercooling setup :) .

I have to say that i don't want something extreme for the beginning and i would like it to be as quiet as it can be.

I am thinking to buy these parts

Pump : D-TEK dB1 (I think it is really quiet)
Block : D-TEK Fuzion
Radiator : Thermochill PA160.1
Reservoir : Swiftech MCRES-MICRO

on the radiatior i am going to use a Scythe SFF21F S-FLEX fan (63.7/28 dBA) and the tubes will be 3/8"

So i would like to know if you can tell me from your experience how much Heat Dissipated in Watts these parts can handle.

Thanks in advance for your help and your time to read this and answer me :)

Assuming a 1GPM flow rate, I believe you're looking at 200-225W of heat dissipation for your given fan speeds and your radiator. Although the db-1 isn't that strong of a pump the thermochill PA's are the least restrictive radiators on the market. You should be able to handle a heavily OC'ed quadcore just fine with that setup unless I severely overestimated the pump.

serialk11r
06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
...that's with a 10C coolant/air temp delta...

mak1skav
06-14-2007, 11:07 PM
...that's with a 10C coolant/air temp delta...

So if the coolant/air temp delta is 20C then the heat dissipation will be the half in watts?

Sorry if this i a silly question :D

Marci
06-15-2007, 02:05 AM
As you increase the delta, you increase the heat dissipation. IE: If you're happy to run at hotter temps, you can remove more wattage.

Okda
06-15-2007, 04:22 AM
my suggestions is to get an MCR220 or even MCR320 which will dispute much more heat , and u can use 2 or 4 fans on the 220 and 3 or 6 fans on the 320 which lesser cfm and much less noise and save a lot of money

Methylphenidate
06-17-2007, 11:25 AM
that pump is pretty impressive in terms of flow rate and silence.

Sparky
06-17-2007, 11:28 AM
I thought the PA160 would be about even with the MCR220. I could be wrong though.

As far as those pumps, I've heard they are quiet. If you need a little more power two of them in series seems to work pretty well (there was a thread a little bit ago about them). Only thing is I've heard the barb threads aren't all that great.

mak1skav
06-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Yep i have seen the thread you are takling about SparkyJJO but i wanted to know what heat dissipation i would be able to achieve with the specific parts i have posted in my thread. :shrug:

If someone knew from his experience of course. ;)

Thanks everyone for your replies though. :)

serialk11r
06-17-2007, 01:39 PM
[sigh] I think people still don't get it. Any radiator will dissipate any amount of heat, just at different temperatures. Well if you gave it like 10000000W then your rad would melt but :P

Bail_w
06-17-2007, 01:39 PM
my suggestions is to get an MCR220 or even MCR320 which will dispute much more heat , and u can use 2 or 4 fans on the 220 and 3 or 6 fans on the 320 which lesser cfm and much less noise and save a lot of money

radiator is fine, no need to change to mcr220 or 320.