PDA

View Full Version : Why Is There No GT/Forza Clone For The PC?

Major_A
06-12-2007, 12:26 AM
When I bought my last console, PS2, it was for the DVD player and GT2. I remember spending hours after work playing the game, just so I could buy that new exhaust system. I was over at a buddies apartment last week and he asked if I wanted to race. I haven't played Forza but quickly realized that it was a Gran Turismo clone. We played for a while and it made me realize that us PC gamers are screwed when it comes to this type of racing game. I don't want to play a damn racing game that makes me put on neons and fat body kits to progress farther in the game. So why hasn't a game developer took this type of racing concept and applied it to the PC?

eXceeded
06-12-2007, 12:39 AM
good question, only real reason I haven't got F2 yet is because I don't have any peripherals for my 360 and don't plan on getting any either. I'm also pretty sure it would look nicer on my PC...

DTU_XaVier
06-12-2007, 05:23 AM
GTR 2, there was a rather large thread on it a while back... Check out the demo...

Best Regards :toast:

m4r71n
06-12-2007, 05:44 AM
you want something like live for speed or rfactor. both are very realistic community drive games

SaII
06-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Dirt:Collin McRae is coming for the pc.

it looks really nice in the demo

Major_A
06-12-2007, 09:24 AM
It seems like I tried the GTR2 demo on STEAM. If I remember correctly I found that it was entirely too hard.

I just checked out Live For Speed and rFactor and they seem like racing sims. Somehow GT/Forza seem to have a nice combination of racing sim and arcade style of racing. Since I have a short attention span I like the arcade style better. I remember how POed I got with GT2 when I would get to the part of the game where my tires would start to melt and I'd have to pit.

I haven't tried the Dirt demo yet because I'm not much of a rally fan. I own Colin McRae Rally 2004 and thought it was so so.

Pipi
06-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I'd recommend LFS too (i love it, the only game i play reguraly) but because you are looking for a GT4/Forza clone for PC, i suspect you want it to be a bit more arcadey. And if you don't want neons, there's a perfect game for you! It's called Test Drive Unlimited. i haven't played it and it's supposed to be quite buggy but it's the best thing for your situation. or just get a wheel and buy Live for Speed :P

Soulburner
06-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I'd kill for Gran Turismo 5 on the PC...with a good wheel and pedal setup, 24" LCD, and surround sound, talk about bliss.

Forza 2 would be good too :cool:

whoodiestyle
06-12-2007, 03:51 PM
forza was good game on xbox live but since i dont plan on buying a 360 or any new console im not gonna buy forza 2 but would be nice if it came out for pc

Jimmer411
06-13-2007, 05:09 PM
GTR2... But using a controller on it isnt the same as using a controller on GT. I didnt like it much :/

EZClock
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't understand, it seems like a realistic driving simulator is in high demand for the PC and developers haven't come out with something amazing?

Magnj
06-14-2007, 04:01 PM
PC market is getting too small I think. The only big games that come out for it seem to end up getting ported to other systems. They let the PC enthusiast create buzz on the internets about the game and then port it to the onsoles 6 months later.

Walk into an EB games...I bet you'll find they have more GBA games than PC...kinda sad.

ColonelCain
06-14-2007, 10:13 PM
God do I love Forza 2... To bad my 360 died...

StealthyFish
06-17-2007, 11:11 PM
It seems like I tried the GTR2 demo on STEAM. If I remember correctly I found that it was entirely too hard.

I just checked out Live For Speed and rFactor and they seem like racing sims. Somehow GT/Forza seem to have a nice combination of racing sim and arcade style of racing. Since I have a short attention span I like the arcade style better. I remember how POed I got with GT2 when I would get to the part of the game where my tires would start to melt and I'd have to pit.

I haven't tried the Dirt demo yet because I'm not much of a rally fan. I own Colin McRae Rally 2004 and thought it was so so.

I never made it that far. It was about 3 laps around and I'd give up. I have no attention span for long GT races. I play Richard Burns Rally. It's more fun and you only go through tracks once, lol.

Cyco
06-18-2007, 03:21 AM
i would recommend you try gtr series and rFactor
if you are after more of a arcade feel like forza try out toca 3 demo

carey8
06-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Colin Mcrae: Dirt is a bloody good game. I Love it.

Pipi
06-21-2007, 03:49 AM
I don't understand, it seems like a realistic driving simulator is in high demand for the PC and developers haven't come out with something amazing?

There are some simulations out there. And GT/Forza wouldn't be one of them, if they came to the PC. Sims are LFS, RBR, Grand Prix Legends and for some (not for me, i hate the ISI engine) GTR 1 and 2, GTL and rFactor.

triple_A
06-21-2007, 02:04 PM
LFS is great, haven't played it for a while though..
I started playing test drive unlimited about a week ago, and i have to say i really like it. Its not really similiar to forza, but you should give it a try :)

KoHaN69
06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I'd kill for Gran Turismo on the PC...

Now you don't have to!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dshB2Nr7n2g

edit: read: pcsx2 0.9.2 running gt3

pcsx2 is a ps2 emulator. GT3 is playable at fullspeed

Bastard-Nation
06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Grand Prix Legends certainly takes some getting use too but once you do its a fantastic game to play..plus it has a wonderful online community and an absolute truck load of mods and tracks for it.

Give it a blast. :up:

Soulburner
06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Now you don't have to!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dshB2Nr7n2g
Eh, I'm just gonna hook up my PS2 to my new setup...BenQ 24" LCD w/Component input, and Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers with Optical in :D

The PS2 outputs pretty low-res though...I wonder if there is anything I can do to up-scale it.

Skillz
06-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Three letters.

LFS

KoHaN69
06-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Eh, I'm just gonna hook up my PS2 to my new setup...BenQ 24" LCD w/Component input, and Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers with Optical in :D

The PS2 outputs pretty low-res though...I wonder if there is anything I can do to up-scale it.

i hope you realised thats a video of gt3 running on PC at fullspeed ;)

Due to PS2's hardware impotency, and hell to code on, it has a very poor HD support.

Here's a list of HD supported games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Progressive_Scan_PS2_Games
and
http://hdgames.net/

Most games run at mere 320x240, some do 640x480 or how marketing calls it, "480P"

Gran Turismo 4 is one of the few that does support 1080i

Soulburner
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
i hope you realised thats a video of gt3 running on PC at fullspeed ;)
Yes I realized that, thus having "no need" if I can use my real PS2 hooked up to my LCD.