PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: DDTung

Neptune5k
07-01-2002, 12:56 PM
Hey DD, I've come to the conclusion that the Vapochill blows when it comes to cooling high-speed athlons and I know you modded your system some how. I'd like to know which components you switched, and how you went about modding your setup.

Id rather spend a little on a vapo mod, rather than a lot on a new system such as the Prometeia or a chiller.

Thx,

-Nep

DDTUNG
07-01-2002, 02:41 PM
Few things you should consider doing with the Vapo:

1. Lap the evaporator

2. Improve cooling of the compressor and condensing unit. I did that by attaching a 120mm fan top rear blowing in, and another 120mm fan top front blowing out.

3. Relocate the PSU outside the case for better accessibility and airflow inside the case.

4. Improve cooling inside the case by adding a 120mm fan bottom front blowing in, and a 90mm fan middle rear blowing out.

The above mods lowered my evaporator temps at idle from stock of -19C to around -24C.

DDTUNG:cool:

Neptune5k
07-01-2002, 02:58 PM
I've done all of these, and still my CPU temps suck - I get 38C at load, not very good for the price you pay.

I was under the impression you replaced the condesor or something... but thx for the info nonetheless.

Right now, my Evap temps are -9 to -8.

-Nep

CSHawkeye81
07-01-2002, 05:58 PM
i heard promethia is better from JCViggen.

Neptune5k
07-01-2002, 06:05 PM
Its much better, but it wasn't around when i got the Vapochill.

I may end up getting one down the road, we'll see.

Kurupt
07-02-2002, 08:49 AM
KryoTech all the way

Neptune5k
07-02-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Kurupt
KryoTech all the way

How much are those running these days?

OPPAINTER
07-02-2002, 10:22 AM
3 grand :D

OPP

Neptune5k
07-02-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER
3 grand :D

OPP

If you're serious, phhffffttt.... screw that :rolleyes:
Prometeia for me :D

scrllock
07-02-2002, 11:21 AM
on kryotech's website, they say they no longer sell the superg2, and the first distrbutors site says they no longer sell it either, and the othewr didtributors site is down... Maybe there are some out there on the auction sites.

Neptune5k
07-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Well they say they're developing a new product, so we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with. Hopefully it will have a better case.

|PuNiSh3R|
07-30-2002, 11:48 PM
If my system works good I am probably going to make a better looking show version of it then possibly patend it and sell the patend to some company.. Considering I am the first of my kind to fully water cool 22ft of condensor and have over 30ft of evaporator which is used as a water chiller.. you can cool anything from CPU, hard drives, video card.. anything you can get or make a water block for.. we'll see how it performs.. I will be testing it out come the end of this week..

Specs are

1/20HP Compressor
R-134A
22Ft of fully water cooled condensor
over 30Ft of evaporator coil in 3 different tubes. 3 Spirals of evaporator each one being slightly over 2" OD.. using 3" PVC Pipes.. Same with the Condensor
Everything fits into a case that is 2ft tall and 18" long..

I'm hoping to see full load water temps of -10C .. and full load CPU temps of 0C.. but who knows..

I'm sure a bigger company could do hella lot better with the system then I could considering they have a lot more time and resources.. This system will be able to take a big heat load because of the water cooled condensor which runs on it's own pump and resevior and rad.

Who knows.. that's enough from me about my idea's though :)