PDA

View Full Version : Any one OWN a PSP?

fbmbirds
06-10-2007, 08:59 PM
just wanted to know if any one owned one and could tell me some good games for it

i just traded a dell 3000 with a 15in ibm monitor for a psp and 6 games

BenT23
06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I have one and have to say the best games I have played are probably GTA:LCS, Daxter, Power Stone Collection, Tekken, and Wipeout... God of War is coming out later this year and is supposed to be amazing.

What firmware version is it? If it's 3.03 or lower, you need to put a hacked firmware on there and then you can play all the old consoles up to PS1 full speed, and an N64 emulator that might be full speed, someday.

fbmbirds
06-12-2007, 07:58 PM
thanks i have well i got with this is burn out, need for speed, fast and the furs,gtalcs,twisted metal,mid night 3 dub, yea i think thats it

BenT23
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Burnout is a really good one too, I have played Need for Speed and think that Most Wanted/Rivals were both pretty good but the new one is kind of boring.

m0da
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
My friend in Hong Kong right now bought me a modified one.
Does anyone have exp about using it? I'm pretty sure you dl games, store them on the memory card, and play them like that.
Is there anything special you might have to do besides that (Yes, I know that you need a real umd game disc in there as well)?

I'll be sure to check out the games y'all mentioned somehow ;)

[XC] mysticmerlin
06-13-2007, 07:40 AM
I usually look up :banana::banana::banana::banana: on my psp if im to lazy to go to the computer 2 feet away :p.

You Too?? :yepp: :ROTF:

Death Jr. Is the best one so far I have played on the PSP. I keep wanting to play Tomb Raider on it just to see Laura's a$$ between my hands, uummm I mean retro game a bit. Sad part is the psp has more power then my old Pentium Pro that I played TR on in the first place :shakes:

Kaze06
06-13-2007, 08:13 AM
NBA Live 07 is crazy addicting. Test Drive: Unlimited is pretty fun, but you'll lose interest after a while most likely. Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror is arguably the best shooter on the PSP, next to Killzone: Liberation. Midnight Club 3: DUB is pretty bad, and the loading times are in some cases longer than the race.

tbone8ty
06-13-2007, 08:46 AM
kill zone is prettyfun, i mostly use it as a mp3 player and covert divx movies over.

though lately ive found myslef not using it anymore. its mostly good for traveling and car rides.

i might mount it in my car so i can be cool.

the new psps will be alot better.

xenoasd
06-13-2007, 07:00 PM
i love lumnies...very fun ^^

Soulburner
06-14-2007, 02:00 AM
kill zone is prettyfun, i mostly use it as a mp3 player and covert divx movies over.

though lately ive found myslef not using it anymore. its mostly good for traveling and car rides.

i might mount it in my car so i can be cool.

the new psps will be alot better.
Isn't it just a shrink in size and lower production costs?

The PSP needs to have dual analog sticks and dual shock before I'd buy one. Maybe a PSP2 some day...

_Slim_Shady_
06-14-2007, 06:24 PM
i love lumnies...very fun ^^

My all-time favorite game! Lumines and Lumines II on the PSP, and Lumines Live on XBox Live Arcade. :cool:

The PSP is great. I travel a lot, and when stuck in an airport for several hours it's nice to sit back and play some games or watch a movie. It's easy to play while on the plane as well. The battery lasts like 9 hours of play time.

[cTx] Nooc
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I will admit that I used to have one. I sold it last summer. Lumines was fun but I hated the soundtrack. It was fun with 1.5 version with all the stuff you could get, I had so many Genesis games that brought tears to my eyes (Dune, Mortal Kombat 1/2/3, Sonic...) but it became boring after a while. I had one of the first PSPs, ones that came with Spider-Man 2.

I haven't been following the whole PSP hacking scene but it was huge when 1.5 was around, dunno about now.

PsYkHoTiK
06-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Lets see, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror is a really good shooter. Ridge Racer is fun (but kinda hard at times). As always the GTAs (LCS and VCS) are awesome. Lately I really enjoyed Metal Slug Anthology (great fan of the coin op series). I intend to finally get Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops one of these days. Gotta clear up some other games that I bought but haven't finished yet.

The Warriors was kinda fun (available on the PS2 as well).

RPGWiZaRD
06-18-2007, 02:51 AM
I mostly use mine to play PS1, nes, snes, genesis, GBA etc. roms. :) That's why I got it in 1st place. DS isn't powerful enough for emulation but on the other hand it has tons of good games for the actual platform so the decision was quite difficult but I did choose PSP.

Quite entertaining to refresh your memories with FF7 for example when I sit 7hrs in a bus on the way back and forth to military base.

Soulburner
07-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Alright guys, for those with a PSP and emulators, can I load my existing ROMs on there? It would be really nice to continue all my saved games.

Have been considering getting one of the new ones.

m0da
07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
finally got mine a few weeks ago, but now im thinking of selling it

im using the software that allows you to dl games and play them off the mem-stick. im thinking of getting the new version too, but im not sure if they'll allow the same software to run on it. if they'll have the same type of firmware then im probably sure i want to sell this. any thoughts?

MusicAddict911
07-28-2007, 03:30 PM
I own a PSP and it's alright. I prefer my Nintendo DS Lite by far.

VIctorj
08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Theres a method to downgrade any firmware to 1.5(and run homebrew on the psp)

Besides that, the psp is a powerfull device, packing VNC, FTP, wificontroll, browser, IMs, and a lot more...you just need to downgrade yours and install a custom firmware...then youll be set to run homebrew and all of the above.

I have mine since February and it ROCKS.
Plus, you can add an IR keyboard and use messenger on it.

Reznik Akime
08-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Theres a method to downgrade any firmware to 1.5(and run homebrew on the psp)

Pandora's battery its called. All you need is a spare PSP battery for a jig kick and a previously modded PSP. Honestly, homebrew is the ONLY reason why I bought a PSP. So much crap that can be done with it afterwards. Makes it really worth the purchase to have a portable NES, SNES, Genesis et al. That and store the actual psp games on the memory card. Saves battery and loading time.

aiya
08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
i have a PSP but haven't used it since i got my DS lite and R4 :)

just waiting for new games for the PSP, ie. SF: Logan's Shadow and GoW: Chains of Olympus

Gogeta
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Would anyone be able to provide a link or two to a tutorial or forum for modding a PSP to play ROMs? I spent about an hour with this topic on Google the other day and couldn't get past the junk. I've owned a PSP for about 3 years and all its done for me so far is collect dust. Many thanks!

edit: stellar bump there, eh?

RAW-Raptor22
08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Would anyone be able to provide a link or two to a tutorial or forum for modding a PSP to play ROMs? I spent about an hour with this topic on Google the other day and couldn't get past the junk. I've owned a PSP for about 3 years and all its done for me so far is collect dust. Many thanks!

edit: stellar bump there, eh?

talk to member "l33t_p1mp" about it (PM works), he is pretty much an expert in that field. :up:

Gogeta
08-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Raptor22;3193360']talk to member "l33t_p1mp" about it (PM works), he is pretty much an expert in that field. :up:

Thanks man, will do. :D

systemviper
08-05-2008, 02:13 PM
go to the psp forum and you will find any thing you will ever need to do to the psp.
It's pretty easy, i traded some parts for one for my son and now he is rocking with
V4.01 M-33.2.... I like the size of the screen, that is why i got it for him,.,....

Loser777
08-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Also, check out acidmods.com, it's the XtremeSystems for PSP modders...

MY PSP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcsIpm080g

It's been a long time since I last booted her up... Still on 3.80 M33-3.

drtitanium0
08-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I had one that I bought in 2006 as a Christmas present for myself. The only two games I ever had fun with were GTA: LCS and Burnout Legends. I actually ended up selling it on eBay a few months ago.