PDA

View Full Version : need a good splitter

DarthBeavis
06-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I KNOW it is not the best design but in this case the cooling efficiency takes second place to the appearance as I have a theme I am going with. What I need to do is take the output and input from my pump (say 1/2 inch) and split to two inputs and outputs. I am using Primoflex colored tubing so I do not know if the Koolance ones would work, plus they probably are aluminum so that would be a definite rule out.

Sideroxylon
06-09-2007, 12:53 PM
A couple Y's won't work for you?

DarthBeavis
06-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I guess it would I was just going for a different look. Got a couple Delrin Ts from Danger Den . . .

ranker
06-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I guess it would I was just going for a different look. Got a couple Delrin Ts from Danger Den . . .

I was considering those however I read on a few different sites that the turbulence caused by that design was significant. However, let me know how it works out for you.

nibble
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't think T's would be the best way of splitting flow, Y's would be better, after all that's what they're designed for. You'd see a fair bit of extra restriction over a y fitting.

DarthBeavis
06-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys . . .I will try Ys first and see how it works . . .if they only came in red and blue . . .or do they? hmmm

ran

DarthBeavis
06-11-2007, 06:57 PM
ranker, will you drive to Newport and surf the wedge for me bud?

jabski
06-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys . . .I will try Ys first and see how it works . . .if they only came in red and blue . . .or do they? hmmm

ran

I have seen them in black

ranker
06-11-2007, 07:35 PM
ranker, will you drive to Newport and surf the wedge for me bud?

You are crazy. I surf in HB but I won't go near the wedge unless it's on a bodyboard.

The last time I was at the wedge was about 8 years ago during an El Nino storm. That was probably the dumbest thing a highschool kid could do and I remember it to this day. Huge swells + shallow water = pain. :eek: