PDA

View Full Version : Please review what I am about to buy!

whattheschmidt
06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
This is from jab-tech. I have the pump and waterblock. This will go inside a CM Stacker that is already on the way.
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9540/jabcm3.jpg

what you can't see are 4 more sata cables...2 18" 2 10"

the radiator says it comes with 1/2" barbs, correct? Not it's just fit for that right?

plz comment/help me before I click buy so I can add anything/change something if I forgot it!

thanks

step
06-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Are you looking to do a push pull setup on the radiator, or just utilize 3 and 2 for other purposes? 5 just came across as an odd number (pun not intended).

whattheschmidt
06-07-2007, 05:48 PM
3 for pull, other 2 are for in case elseware/to keep on hand

I went with 5 because 1 for back 1 for top exaust, 3 for radiator...front intakes you can't see :P

whattheschmidt
06-07-2007, 05:57 PM
someone give me the go ahead....

and tell me if that swiftech rad will come with the barbs for sure or not!

Grinch
06-07-2007, 06:00 PM
it will come with 1/2" barbs...the order says so..but they will probably be plastic

eXceeded
06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
it looks fine to me, but if I was you I'd order some more tubing :) never know when you might need more!!
(the radiator takes 3/8 threading so you can always get different barbs for it - afaik it uses the same barbs as the thermochill)

whattheschmidt
06-07-2007, 06:06 PM
well I'm only going to be cooling cpu for quite some time and my clearflex from 3 years ago is mysteriously gone(dad probably threw it out, even though I asked where he put it sense I knew where I did), so 8 ft is plenty I'm pulling the trigger thx for checking.

Senater_Cache
06-07-2007, 06:20 PM
yes the rad comes with barbs.
I prefer worm-drive metal hose clamps from Home Depot. But everything else looks good.

No additive? What block and what pump do you have?

You realize that you will need to cut the stacker if you want to put that rad on the bottom. and you wil have little room for HDDs if you put it in the front bays.

everything looks good.

NaeKuh
06-07-2007, 06:29 PM
i would recomend you picking up some EK 1/2ID barbs. I believe swiftech changed there rads to G1/4 fittings.

The plastic barbs will need some plumbers tape or you will leak. Its rare not to leak. :P

Also, i would recomend a reservoir. They make bleeding so much more friendly.

Also the tube diameter is 7/16ID. You dont need worm drive clamps on that tubing. Bust out a pair of zipties!

Senater_Cache
06-07-2007, 07:04 PM
my MCR320 is not G1/4 and its only 6 onths old (from Petra's). It comes with Teflon Tape already applied to the barbs, at least the Petra version.

No leaking problems. and yes but the worm drive clamps are reusable for potential future larger ID upgrades and are pretty much failsafe.

Grinch
06-07-2007, 07:30 PM
yes the rad comes with barbs.
I prefer worm-drive metal hose clamps from Home Depot. But everything else looks good.

No additive? What block and what pump do you have?

You realize that you will need to cut the stacker if you want to put that rad on the bottom. and you wil have little room for HDDs if you put it in the front bays.

everything looks good.

amen on worm clamps...:up:

whattheschmidt
06-07-2007, 07:45 PM
MCP600 Pump
Swiftech Apogee GT CPU Block

Swiftech MCR320 Radiator
T-line
Masterkleer 7/16 ID tubing

Distilled water + green antifreeze in the garage that was used in last loop. I thought about getting Hydrx but decided why bother, at least for now.

I am not worried about using plastic clamps as I used them on my last setup and no leaks at all for 3 years, right now it's sitting in the basement in a box, I will take it apart in a few days. Also since I went 7/16 ID they will be really tight with everything, I may have to use very warm water to heat the tube and put it connect it, like I did on my last loop with the copper 90 degree bend.

I like T-lines personally.

Senater! you know I am mounting this on the bottom lol. I will cut the bottom out neatly with a jigsaw and then file...I know there will be modding. I will have plenty of drive space in the drivebay I figured out.

Now for the anxious awaiting of shipment.

Senater_Cache
06-07-2007, 08:32 PM
have fun mate. and remember to take your time with the modding