PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling AMD-FX 60 oc and 8800gts sli oc

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 02:14 PM
ok heres is my problem i build this computer and the video and cpu gets hot

way to hot for me and my games that i play. just need to know if the

swiftech apex would be enough to cool my cpu and the 2 video cards.

i have a Coolermaster Ammo case so i dont know if this thing is good with air

flow. i have like 3 coolermaster fans 120mm.

My spec

Asus A8N32-Sli Deluxe/AMD-FX 60 oc-3.00ghz./2gigs Ultra memory oc 250mhz /geforce 8800gts SLI/ Coolermaster 850watt real power supply./ sound blaster./ and a cheap coolermaster aquagate cpu watercooling system that keeps cpu at 40c idle oc and 47c load.

Ad1tya
06-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Rather get a kit from Petra. (http://www.shoppts.com)

A Single MCR220 wont be enough to handle the CPU + GPU.
Youll need a Triple rad. Atleast a MCR320.

Duh
06-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Rather get a kit from Petra. (http://www.shoppts.com)

A Single MCR220 wont be enough to handle the CPU + GPU.
Youll need a Triple rad. Atleast a MCR320.

yup, most likely a kit made by petra is gona be much better than one made by swiftech :yepp:

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 09:01 PM
sure petra is overated by the way i would rather go with swiftech because of the quality of there parts and its alot cheaper for the system. Swiftech APEX ultra for 220 yea cheap plus the 2 Koolance waterblocks for the geforce 8800gts comes to a total of 450 with shipping

serialk11r
06-02-2007, 09:04 PM
sure petra is overated by the way i would rather go with swiftech because of the quality of there parts and its alot cheaper for the system. Swiftech APEX ultra for 220 yea cheap plus the 2 Koolance waterblocks for the geforce 8800gts comes to a total of 450 with shipping

...you don't seem to get it do you? Petra's kits are not actually the normal "kits" you see. They are a selection of parts from various companies, with some instructions and stuff.

ranker
06-02-2007, 09:09 PM
sure petra is overated

You must be new...

plus the 2 Koolance waterblocks for the geforce 8800gts comes to a total of 450 with shipping

Yep...wet behind the ears...

Look. Petra's kit is basically what a "custom rig" would consist of. You get all the awesome parts of a custom build (minus thermochills), but you get the kit feeling and price.

Second of all, anything related to Koolance is crap.

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 09:14 PM
no koolance isnt that bad im getting poly tops made for the waterblocks and the swiftech kit is a really good bunch of parts but there only from the company and the kit works well i just dont like the price of Petras whole site there prices suck. and by the way yea koolance sucks but they cant win them all the only reason i got the blocks were because i knew i was going to make custom tops and whats wrong with koolance besides there customer support sucks there rads suck and most of there other parts suck becuase its a alum/copper set up. tell me what else is wrong with there parts ?

serialk11r
06-02-2007, 09:16 PM
no koolance isnt that bad im getting poly tops made for the waterblocks and the swiftech kit is a really good bunch of parts but there only from the company and the kit works well i just dont like the price of Petras whole site there prices suck. and by the way yea koolance sucks but they cant win them all the only reason i got the blocks were because i knew i was going to make custom tops and whats wrong with koolance besides there customer support sucks there rads suck and most of there other parts suck becuase its a alum/copper set up. tell me what else is wrong with there parts ?

? Their prices suck? What? have you actually taken a look at what those kits consist of? Their profit margins are actually pretty small. Their parts...try to find any shop besides jab-tech that beats them in general...I don't think you get it, Petra's kits are not the kits you generally see. To me the only thing that makes them "kits" is the fact that they come with instructions, and everything is packaged together. They are a selection of known good performing and high quality parts.

I'm not a petra fanboy, I get my stuff elsewhere because I'm a cheapo but he's a really nice guy, his shop sells things much cheaper than most of the competition, and he's got some pretty nifty stuff :D

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 09:20 PM
ALSO petras stuff is SOLD OUT i need this stuff like now next week im leaving for basic here June 28 and that doesnt leave me with alot of time waiting for there parts to come in i did look around a long time for parts and found what i went with the best for time and shipping 450 thats the total 2 day shipping and the items every thing the people i got the things from gave me a deal i told them the whole time slot thing only have 3 weeks to mess around with this stuff before i leave and gave me a good deal on the swiftech Apex ultra for 220. so i wasnt putting petras down there just sold out like over half the other sites out there. sorry for the hostal additude

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 09:22 PM
whos prices koolance? like i said before in the other Post when i get the waterblocks im going to take high res pic of the inside and do a review on them and make the ploy tops if there alum tops just are not working for me

serialk11r
06-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Sidewinders? Jab-tech? SVC?

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Hello Mr. Lake,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Asking for a discount would be fair in this case as we also see that Jab-Tech has the item for a cheaper price. We cannot match their price, but we can offer you $235 for the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Kit. You can probably understand that all sellers get different pricing on the item so I’m afraid that is the lowest we can offer you.

After reviewing the Koolance block and numerous sources of ours, I’ve come to the conclusion that the Koolance has the better block. I can understand why you would rather go with Danger Den. They have one of the best reputations in the water cooling community and they deliver some of the best parts. After speaking to my customers and some discussion board members, they’ve rated the Koolance block with high scores. If you call Digital Storm (www.digitalstorm.com), speak to their team and ask them to describe the Koolance block to you. We provide most of their water cooling needs and they buy tons of these blocks, over the Danger Den ones. Basically, when dealing with the Koolance block, you can find that performance is equal to the Danger Den block. Not less, not more, but equivalent if you can believe that. What separates the two is the cost. The Koolance block is more cost effective as the Danger Den isn’t. I’ve never been a fan of Danger Den water blocks, but you can see that the design of the Koolance is very stylish, if you go for looks. Other people, along with me, can’t really justify the price of the Danger Den water block. Our contact from Digital Storm has even described the block as “having leaks, rushed during production, assembled incorrectly.” The reason why you or anybody else would choose Danger Den over Koolance is because they released the first 8800 water block, and they are well known due to word of mouth, as I mentioned above. I too am surprised that there aren’t many reviews out for the Koolance block, but if you need proof I’m sure it won’t be hard to find.

If you decide on buying the Swiftech kit, please place your order and contact me back so I can modify the price for you. Thank you. =)

Best Regards,

James Nguyen

Customer Service Department

Silicon Valley Compucycle

www.svc.com

1498 Seareel Lane
San Jose, CA 95131

Phone: 408-432-1239
Fax: 408-432-1249

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 09:42 PM
well thats what they told me

septim
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
1 loop for cpu block (fuzion or apogee gtx) and rad (mcr or PA) and maybe seperate loop for your koolance stuff...

even with corrosion prevention fluids it is still not recommended to mix copper and alum products period.

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 10:17 PM
thanks so how does it go from the res to the pump to the cpu to the rad to the gpu to the res to the pump again? is that right or do i have it wrong?

ranker
06-02-2007, 10:27 PM
well thats what they told me

He's giving you the sales job.

He's right in some ways though. DD's FC block for the 8800 is atrocious. So if he puts the Koolance block on par with that, then he's some what right.

Stick with either Swiftech/EK when it comes to GPU blocks. Alphacool if you can't find either. I wouldn't trust/use anything else personally.

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 10:33 PM
yea but if i make the ploy tops then whats hurting it the koolance blocks?
and how do i make the loop for the cpu and gpu?

fbmbirds
06-02-2007, 10:39 PM
ok i was looking a pertars tech shop and found the tops for the ek block i could just get two of them and mod it a little to fit the koolance blocks. does any one know what the inside of the koolance block look like?

Ad1tya
06-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Stay away from Koolance. Thats all Ill say.

Also, an MCR220 is not going to be able to handle a CPU + 2 GPUs. Not even at Idle. Lol.
Your temperatures will be worse than air cooling.
Thus I said get an MCR320 atleast. Which you can get thru a Kit.

I made the same mistake earlier. I went for cheap parts, which cost me a bit over 300$.. and Now im going to end up spending aobut 350$ more, getting more parts (ie. PA, dTek Fuzion, etc).

for 450$, youd rather assemble a better kit than the Swiftech 220 Kit.