PDA

View Full Version : Argh!!! Help, messed up 120.2 & Barbs order.

o2bme
06-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I got my PA 120.2 from performance-PCS as Petra’s was out. Problem is when I selected ½ fittings I thought I was ordering some barbs. Petra’s drop down was to add barbs and I did not pay enough attention:shakes: . Now that my testing has come to an abrupt halt – and seeing as I selected ½ inch fitting size – any idea what/where barbs I should get. I am not sure how to read the fitting size into thread & OD.

serialk11r
06-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Fittings? Are you talking about the threads in the radiator itself?

Envydia007
06-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I got my PA 120.2 from performance-PCS as Petra’s was out. Problem is when I selected ½ fittings I thought I was ordering some barbs. Petra’s drop down was to add barbs and I did not pay enough attention:shakes: . Now that my testing has come to an abrupt halt – and seeing as I selected ½ inch fitting size – any idea what/where barbs I should get. I am not sure how to read the fitting size into thread & OD.
http://www.petrastechshop.com/aqhifig3th1o.html

o2bme
06-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I am talking about fittings: Petra forgive me for posting this!
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200&products_id=3943

If you look by the add to cart they ask for fitting size. I picked 1/2 OD, Petras are all 3/8. My concern is this 1/2 OD fitting size is wider than the 3/8.

YugenM
06-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Petra's doesn't sell 3/8" barbs, you're probably mistaking it for G3/8.

MaxxxRacer
06-01-2007, 08:21 PM
http://www.petrastechshop.com/aqhifig3th1o.html

get those. they are the best

o2bme
06-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I think (hope) I am just reading that wrong. All 120.2 are the same size inlet/outlet- right?...

I don't know what that 3/8 1/2 fitting selector is - I thought I was picking what barbs to get with the radiator.

This is just karma for not waiting to order from Petra's, like the rd-30 I paid too much for!

whoodiestyle
06-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I think (hope) I am just reading that wrong. All 120.2 are the same size inlet/outlet- right?...

I don't know what that 3/8 1/2 fitting selector is - I thought I was picking what barbs to get with the radiator.

This is just karma for not waiting to order from Petra's, like the rd-30 I paid too much for!

3/8 inch threading and 1/2 inch outer diameter as in the tubing fits on

o2bme
06-01-2007, 09:15 PM
No, it was an either/or option. No matter - we (I) are going on the assumption that all thermaltakes are created equal!

I have decided to ignore the strange drop down that started this and have ordered the barbs from Petra's. I won't get them until Tuesday now and since I leave for DC can't play until Thursday night or Friday. Oh well, this way I got to order that in line filter for cleaning. Does anybody run live with those things or just use them for initial radiator cleaning?

HiJon89
06-01-2007, 09:21 PM
It's Thermochill, not Thermaltake. And yes, they're all the same. The drop-down option you are referring to only has to do with the fittings that come pre-installed in the radiator. Since you plan on removing these fittings, it makes no difference.

Jedda
06-01-2007, 09:23 PM

No
All 120 rads are not the same .
All Thermochill PA rads use G3/8 threads.
The selector at Petra's Thermochill order page is for tube end choice. ie Sized to fit 1/2" ID hose or 3/8" ID hose.
What ever your philosophy, rush purchasing costs.
edit
Some guys run filters but most don't to avoid restricting flow further.
Like Max said the AquaXtremes are ideal.

hecktic
06-01-2007, 09:30 PM
get those. they are the best

Hmm was there not a thread a few weeks back showing "the best" performance fittings for the PA 120.3s but the store that carried it is not selling anything anymore... i think that store is listed in the sticky.... help me out because I need some fittings too for 1/2 ID PA 120.3s and I know the one that was mentioned in that thread as being the best was not aqua extreme.

o2bme
06-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the help guys. The selector in question was on the performance pcs ordering page and is what had me worried that the Thermochill PA might have more than one fitting not 3/8 but ½. I stand corrected and have ordered the suggested ones.

Hecktic I have now had both Petra and MaxxxRacer suggest those as the best barbs for use with the PA 120 series – I am going with their wisdom.

septim
06-02-2007, 02:34 AM
i got mine from cooltechnica last year, ordered 4, 2 in reserve...
aquaextreme g3/8 thread 1/2 id tubing barbs. also good for 7/16 id tubing...

ranker
06-02-2007, 10:10 AM
i got mine from cooltechnica last year, ordered 4, 2 in reserve...
aquaextreme g3/8 thread 1/2 id tubing barbs. also good for 7/16 id tubing...

Anyone know whatever happened to cooltechnica? One day they were selling stuff and the next day they said they only sell to resellers now.