PDA

View Full Version : Rebate bait-switch?

uwackme
06-01-2007, 12:01 PM
OCZ sold ram on Outpost.com with a rebate, I bought that ram... 1066SLI

Sent in the rebate. They hired a "clearinghouse" and the slip came back with some bull:banana::banana::banana::banana: line about "postmark" not within time frame... aka the 10 day window they gave to send it in... from PURCHASE date. Course it too 5 days to arrive and a couple to test (as you cant get your $$ returned if you send in the rebate before RMA/return) and then time for USPS to get the letter to the "clearinghouse".

Standard thieivery, with the clearing house making up whatever plausible reason the rebate it not due do to some minute mistake by the consumer.

I am VERY disappointed in OCZ for this, you have lost a customer for life. I was going to buy a new powersupply once the X2900XT wiring was added as required, looking at the Gamextreme line. Also was going to buy a second set of these rams.

Well, no more. Ill be sellig these off and buying 4 sticks of someone else's product, ditto on the PSU.

So for the $30 you just ripped me off for, you lost 2-3-4X that in profit from sales. Plus all the people who take my advice on future purchasing.

Bravo.

#xxxxxxxx is the claim ID. (Shouldn't post your claim ID on the open forum)

RyderOCZ
06-01-2007, 12:05 PM
When did you put it in the mail? Did you put it in the mail within 10 days?

If yes, email me and we will get it taken care of.

Receiving a denial is not the end of everything, if you feel it is in error...then let me get it fixed.

Thanks