PDA

View Full Version : How are my temps?

FallenCow
05-31-2007, 10:06 PM
I've been a long time lurker and I was hoping to post some pictures of my loop, but that'll have to wait until I can borrow a digicam.

My system:
e6400 at 3.6ghz (around 1.45v (don't quite remember and too lazy to reboot to check:p: )
EVGA 680i (northbridge on MCW30)
1900xtx (stock clock)

Anyway here's my loop:
DDC2 w/ Petra's Top --> PA120.2 w/ 2x YL DSLs--> Apogee GT --> MCW60 --> MCW30 --> MCRES

Finally got a thermometer so I'd like opinions on my temps (using TAT):
Ambient temp: 26c
CPU Idle temp: 42-43c
CPU Load temp (ORTHOS): 51-53c
CPU load temp (TAT): 60-64c
GPU Idle temp: 40c

Finished this setup about a month ago so all air should be out of the loop and AS5 should have settled by now.
Let me know what you guys think! Wish I could post some pics so you could critique my setup but that'll have to be for next time.

p8ntslinger676
05-31-2007, 10:15 PM
cpu idle seems about right :)

Grinch
06-01-2007, 01:42 AM
seems right for having all that in 1 loop..

FallenCow
06-01-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm glad to hear my temps are inline with what others are getting. I was a little worried that they were a bit on the high side. I'm beginning to wonder if it's too much load on rad. I'm currently using a Lian Li v1200b so I'd most likely have to get a new case if I wanted to go dual loop.
If I upgrade to a G80 or R600 card would a second loop be necessary?

Ad1tya
06-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, Why a PA120.2 not a 120.3?
Would have handled the CPU+GPU+Mobo easily..

But for all that in the loop, temp's seem fine.

Try loading RTHDRIBL w/ Orthos, temps may go up a bit too.

quiet
06-01-2007, 02:38 PM
I don't think a 120.2 would do a very good job with G80 in that loop, is there any card that runs hotter than the G80?

newls1
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't think a 120.2 would do a very good job with G80 in that loop, is there any card that runs hotter than the G80?

I may be wrong, but I was under the impresison that the R600 AKA 2900XT's run hotter:confused:

NaeKuh
06-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I may be wrong, but I was under the impresison that the R600 AKA 2900XT's run hotter:confused:

i always thought that too, because the 2900 draws more power. Unless ATI figured out a way to decrease TDP, but increase power consumption, im kinda lost here with you Newls1.

But i dont think that system will handle a C2D overclocked + G80.

Well, Why a PA120.2 not a 120.3?
Would have handled the CPU+GPU+Mobo easily..

But for all that in the loop, temp's seem fine.

Try loading RTHDRIBL w/ Orthos, temps may go up a bit too.

So true. The PA120.3 is a serious monster. But back when i had a PA120.2 she did quite a good job at cooling my C2D @ same voltage. But my systems are tweeked in the watercooling areas as well. So i had dual pumps, and dual radiators, but i had 2 cards on SLI. So techincally i should be drawing more heat then a single X1900 no?

2 x 7900GT's

My temps near your current settings.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Clipboard02.jpg

Try putting the Mediums Speed Yates DSM, on instead of the DSL's. They will help a bit. The DSH vs DSM however wont give you much of a increase tho.

FallenCow
06-01-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm using a PA120.2 cause that's what I had previously to cool my Opteron/7800gt combo and I wanted to keep everything inside the case. I really want to upgrade to a dual loop but I can't justify the expense right now.
For the MCW60 G80 adapter plate, could I put that on w/o having to take apart the loop? (basically will there be water coming out of block if I change the base plate)

I'm fine w/ higher temps as long as they allow me to keep my OC and as long as my system is relatively quiet.
And for anyone that has a problem w/ dust, fan filters make a HUGE difference and don't really affect temps that much. I've noticed my loop hasn't turned cloudy even after over a month. Don't know if there's any correlation with the dust filters though.

NaeKuh
06-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm using a PA120.2 cause that's what I had previously to cool my Opteron/7800gt combo and I wanted to keep everything inside the case. I really want to upgrade to a dual loop but I can't justify the expense right now.
For the MCW60 G80 adapter plate, could I put that on w/o having to take apart the loop? (basically will there be water coming out of block if I change the base plate)

I'm fine w/ higher temps as long as they allow me to keep my OC and as long as my system is relatively quiet.
And for anyone that has a problem w/ dust, fan filters make a HUGE difference and don't really affect temps that much. I've noticed my loop hasn't turned cloudy even after over a month. Don't know if there's any correlation with the dust filters though.

NOT possible because the filters would have no play on the water running in it. Your loop is a closed loop, and not a bong cooler.

Also, i dont think theres that much of a difference from Low speed and Medium speed in terms of noise. But thats me. :T

Senater_Cache
06-01-2007, 10:22 PM
fallencow, I suggest you do a little bit to actually understand what the parts you buy do and how they do it.
It seems like your understanding of your components is very vague (change baseplate without spilling liquid? u kidding?)

I say take everything apart (you will have to drain it at least anyway to change "baseplates" or whatever), and take apart your blocks so you can understand how they work. Having them apart will give you a chance to clean them if they are dirty. Oh and a Rad does not expose loop-water to air in any way. The cloudyness of older tubing is not related to dust.

good luck.

Jedda
06-01-2007, 10:53 PM
fallencow, I suggest you do a little bit to actually understand what the parts you buy do and how they do it.
It seems like your understanding of your components is very vague (change baseplate without spilling liquid? u kidding?)

I say take everything apart (you will have to drain it at least anyway to change "baseplates" or whatever), and take apart your blocks so you can understand how they work. Having them apart will give you a chance to clean them if they are dirty. Oh and a Rad does not expose loop-water to air in any way. The cloudyness of older tubing is not related to dust.

good luck.

Good advice, but do you really think he has it?
I suspect not.