PDA

View Full Version : DFI Infinity Dark 965p or Gigabyte DS3?

OpTioN
05-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Which one is better? The DFI just got in stock at NCIX and I think i may get it instead of the DS3... I will be using OCZ Reaper 1066 memory and a e6600.

Chewbenator
05-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I would say DFI for OC, DS3 if you want a whole crapload of support because its been out for so long.

Fallengod
05-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Ill make this easy for you. The DFI INFINITY all the way.

In case you have not received the memo, the GA-DS3 is a fairly poor board. Many have massive issues with that thing, among other things, it overclocks fairly inconsistent and crappy. I always get a good laugh when I see people recommend that GA-DS3. I know a few people who have had to RMA that thing like 4-6 times already. The abit quadgt is like $15.00 more than the DS3, so whats the point. Might as well get the Abit quadgt.

You definitely want the DFI infinity or perhaps the Abit quadgt. It is about $130AR now at newegg. Even cheaper than the DFI infinity.

OpTioN
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
The DS3 is $149 cad , the Infinity Dark is $178 cad and the QuadGT is $229 cad :(

Fallengod
05-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh you live in Canada....Well that sucks.....

In the US the DFI Infinity is about $140 before shipping and the Abit quadgt is about $129AR before shipping(It had free shipping last week).

I still say steer clear of the DS3...... The DFI infinity doesnt seem that much more expensive at least. What like $30? Thats worth it...

Cracker
05-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Ill make this easy for you. The DFI INFINITY all the way.

In case you have not received the memo, the GA-DS3 is a fairly poor board. Many have massive issues with that thing, among other things, it overclocks fairly inconsistent and crappy. I always get a good laugh when I see people recommend that GA-DS3. I know a few people who have had to RMA that thing like 4-6 times already. The abit quadgt is like $15.00 more than the DS3, so whats the point. Might as well get the Abit quadgt.

You definitely want the DFI infinity or perhaps the Abit quadgt. It is about $130AR now at newegg. Even cheaper than the DFI infinity.My Gigabyte DS3 Rev.1 has been a dream and has run flawlessly since day one. I've not had one problem with it and I've run it overclocked 24/7 for the last 5 months. :cool:

I never had a Gigabyte mobo before this but I'm sure I will have another one some day. :up:

Fallengod
05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Yeah. Theres always that 1 person out of 10 that doesnt have an issue. :P

Thats good to hear but, you can around 5 or 6 different forums and see a whole slew of people with massive rma's and issues. Anyhow, this was just sort of FYI for the OP. :P If you want to buy it and ignore my warnings, go for it. :)

Cracker
05-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah. Theres always that 1 person out of 10 that doesnt have an issue. :P

Thats good to hear but, you can around 5 or 6 different forums and see a whole slew of people with massive rma's and issues. Anyhow, this was just sort of FYI for the OP. :P If you want to buy it and ignore my warnings, go for it. :)This is pretty much true with any mobo brand. There are just as many people whining about ASUS, Abit, and DFI depending on where you look. Most people don't have issues although people that have bad issues with Gigabyte boards do seem to whine louder than others, lol. These people bring new meaning to PEBKAC. :lol2:

Fallengod
05-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah that is true, and I figured youd say that. From my experience, It definitely feels like more people have issues with the DS3 than other boards though. I dunno. I dont own the board so.....dont plan to either. :) I just wanted to give him heads up so if he decides to get it, he isnt surprised if he has issues or overclocking limitations.

PS: That freaking britney spears avatar of yours is scaring the crap out of me so much so, I dont think I can come back again to read your reply. lmao... :)

Cracker
05-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah that is true, and I figured youd say that. From my experience, It definitely feels like more people have issues with the DS3 than other boards though. I dunno. I dont own the board so.....dont plan to either. :) I just wanted to give him heads up so if he decides to get it, he isnt surprised if he has issues or overclocking limitations.

PS: That freaking britney spears avatar of yours is scaring the crap out of me so much so, I dont think I can come back again to read your reply. lmao... :)Yeah, my avatar is XTREME! :lol2:

Anyway, I noted one guy who was suicide overclocking his Dual Core(not C2D) and ruined 3 new DS3 boards and swore up and down that the boards were the problem. RMA'd the board that many times. He posted his whining complaints on this messageboard, Anandtech, and Overclockers and Lord knows where else... I'm sure he cut and pasted that same rant to any tech board he could find. But he was the problem... a noob running suicide overclocks with extreme voltage(and voltage mods) and even though they gave him several new boards(and always the newest revision) he would burn up the new one within a day or two going for 5GHz on a PentiumD. :rolleyes:

Ludus
05-29-2007, 11:36 PM
dfi without doubs ;)

alpha0ne
05-29-2007, 11:41 PM
DFI is the one to buy :up:

Jeeez Cracker can you change your avatar please, thats just fugley and you'll scare the children :ROTF: