PDA

View Full Version : Turned off PC....turned back on...2nd stick of PC2 7200 no workie

Sanborn
05-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey,

On Friday I turned off my computer to go home for the weekend, at the time everything was in what I assumed perfectly working. I came back tonight and turned on my PC....to no posting what so ever.

So I played the swap sticks and reset CMOS game on my mobo and have narrowed it down to basically one stick not working. I have two sticks of OCZ PC2 7200 and the model number of both is OCZ2N9002GK Which were purchased in September of 2006. I even tried the stick which I am assuming is dead by itself after a CMOS reset and nothing happens. I just get random post codes on the mobo.

Any thoughts on what to try next? Any way I can easily get this baby replaced? :(

harvshark
05-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey,

On Friday I turned off my computer to go home for the weekend, at the time everything was in what I assumed perfectly working. I came back tonight and turned on my PC....to no posting what so ever.

So I played the swap sticks and reset CMOS game on my mobo and have narrowed it down to basically one stick not working. I have two sticks of OCZ PC2 7200 and the model number of both is OCZ2N9002GK Which were purchased in September of 2006. I even tried the stick which I am assuming is dead by itself after a CMOS reset and nothing happens. I just get random post codes on the mobo.

Any thoughts on what to try next? Any way I can easily get this baby replaced? :(

If it's anything like some of the boot problems I have been having with my Asus boards, let the 'bad' stick of RAM sit unused for 24-48 hours and try it again. My bet is that it works again.

andyOCZ
05-28-2007, 06:36 AM
If you can't get it to work email me and I'll help you out.

Sanborn
05-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Alright, I've got a paper I've been putting off for about 6 months to finish today and tomorrow. So hopefully by Wednesday I can get this thing solved.

And Andy, if I absolutely cannot get it I will contact you - but I'll try everything in the book (again)

andyOCZ
05-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Sure, just let me know bud.

Sanborn
05-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Andy, I sent you a message. I've tried everything, I even put it in my roommates computer (who has the same mobo/proc) and the same thing happened.

It just instantly boots to the C1 post code, which is the "oh your ram is broken" code.

andyOCZ
05-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Message answered. We will take care of you, no worries.