PDA

View Full Version : Creative Zen Vision M 60gb

ripken204
05-27-2007, 12:07 PM
i want an mp3 player and i just dont like ipods, no features compared to basically all other mp3 players. so ive read some reviews and the Zen looks to be the best i could find, keep in mind that i want something with alot of space. so do any of you guys have a Zen? what do you think about it?

Zytek_Fan
05-27-2007, 12:24 PM
The Zen is a fine choice.

The Microsoft Zune is a very nice choice as well. Some people may disagree, but I like mine way more than an iPod.

XenatR
05-27-2007, 02:14 PM
the zen is an overgrown POS

why one earth would you buy something that ugly and bulky?

and what kind of features are you looking for other than to play music and video... honest to god...

EniGmA1987
05-27-2007, 06:16 PM
It really isnt that bulky :P The Zen is a very nice choice if you dont want to get an Ipod.

ripken204
05-27-2007, 06:48 PM
the zen is an overgrown POS

why one earth would you buy something that ugly and bulky?

and what kind of features are you looking for other than to play music and video... honest to god...

dude wtf is your problem. i dont want to hear your apple fanboy :banana::banana::banana::banana:! i created this thread so that people who had the zen could comment on it.
and the zen is not overgrown, are you saying that just because you love your ipod!?

some of the features i like is the fm radio and the movie formats especially. not to mention the resolution.

CedricFP
05-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I had a Zen Micro and it worked fine for about a year. After that, though, the battery just died and I haven't bothered to replace it. I just use my phone now.

ripken204
05-27-2007, 07:19 PM
how did you like it tho?

syne_24
05-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't like Ipod either, it's is such a fad; everyone at my school have one. I swear I will never own one. Anyways have you check out Cowon? They have some pretty nice ones. I'm thinking of picking up a small mp3 player for the gym and such. You might want to see the X5 since it has a bigger capacity.

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/

CedricFP
05-27-2007, 07:58 PM
how did you like it tho?
Hmm.. I had mixed feelings.

I was never a fan of the iPod mini's, so in comparison, my Zen was pleasing. However, there were some things I didn't like and that was the relative bulkyness - putting it in the pocket of jeans was a chore.

Other than that, though, it served my purpose. I didn't really think about it more - it was lime green which I liked and it played music, held 5GB.

However, once the first gen nanos came out (after my Zen had completely died) I fell in love with them - but never bought one. Now that the second gen nanos are out (and look like those ghastly minis) I am no longer infatuated.

But anyhow, the Zen micro is old, I don't know how relevant it is in comparison with the Zen you are thinking of getting.

One problem that did keep reoccurring, though, was that if I tried to zip through the menu too quickly, the unit would lock up and require a removal of the battery. A royal pain in the backside, but I learned to live with it.

syne: To cut yourself off from a popular product in spite of its popularity is foolish at best. Often, you'll find there is a reason why a certain "thing" is popular over it's competition. Granted, in Apple's case, it is superior marketing ability, but this may not always be the case.

I would argue that in today's youth, rebellion against "fads" has become a fad in and of itself, undermining its own purpose in an almost humorously ironic way.

Soulburner
05-27-2007, 10:27 PM
I don't like Ipod either, it's is such a fad; everyone at my school have one. I swear I will never own one. Anyways have you check out Cowon? They have some pretty nice ones. I'm thinking of picking up a small mp3 player for the gym and such. You might want to see the X5 since it has a bigger capacity.

Is this true?

Discover true, rich bass sound.iAUDIO is the only mp3 player that provides exquisite sound with world-renowned U.S. BBE Sound System for the first time in the world. BBE Sound System is known for its true sound reproduction and clarity.It is only available with iAUDIO. No other mp3 player can be compared!

XenatR
05-28-2007, 01:25 AM

listen, i dont like trends either, and i dont like apple as a company, but i have a 30gig ipod, and i think its :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing awesome.

it is slim and sleek, and i love it.

get over your pride and buy one.. you wont regret it.

i have one but i use my own headphones, so people dont know what ive got in my pocket.

omg clearly you havent handled the creative zen... its much bigger than the 80gig ipod

i find it totally repulsive

JUST GET AN IPOD FFS YOU WHINERS

ripken204
05-28-2007, 05:55 AM
ive used ipods, basically everyone i know has one, and i just dont like it. so there will be no convincing me into getting one..

squilliam
05-28-2007, 02:19 PM
The one thing I can tell you is not to touch Iriver.
I had the H10 and it was the biggest waste of money ever!
The thing crashed on me constantly and in order to get it to work,
I had to take the battery out (it was removable) and plug it back in.
The battery died after about 4 to 6 months of use. Don't buy from them!

Aside from that, I too am looking at the 60Gb Zen:M
It looks sleek and is only $230. It looks like such a bargain!

Zytek_Fan
05-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Get a Zune. Only fault is the software...

EniGmA1987
05-28-2007, 03:48 PM
And how it looks...

Another company you could look into is Archos. You said you like having more features than an Ipod and the Archos ones seem to have a lot. For a while I was considering an Archos 604 Wifi edition but decided against it simply becuase of the price.
http://www.archos.com/?country=global&lang=en

ripken204
05-28-2007, 04:38 PM
The one thing I can tell you is not to touch Iriver.
I had the H10 and it was the biggest waste of money ever!
The thing crashed on me constantly and in order to get it to work,
I had to take the battery out (it was removable) and plug it back in.
The battery died after about 4 to 6 months of use. Don't buy from them!

Aside from that, I too am looking at the 60Gb Zen:M
It looks sleek and is only $230. It looks like such a bargain!

where did u find it for 230$?

Soulburner
05-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Circuit City has the 30gb Zune on sale for $199...looks like a good deal.

ripken204
05-28-2007, 05:24 PM
well newegg has the 60gb shipped for 270$ - 30$ rebate = 240$

edit: well i just bought the zen, last day for rebate is tomorrow, i just couldnt give up the great deal

XenatR
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
good luck lugging around that brick lOl

ripken204
05-29-2007, 01:45 PM
wow i dont care about the size! wtf dont you understand!