PDA

View Full Version : Point me in the right direction..

officermartinez
05-27-2007, 11:28 AM
How guys.. I am fairly new to THIS site but not new to forums. I usually hang around [H]ard|Forum. Anyways, after asking a few questions on where to find an empty Vapochill XE or LS case, I was pointed to this site. So, here I am.. Anyone know where I can find a gutted / empty Vapochill case.. If its scratched up, that's ok. Hope you guys can point me in the right direction. Send me a PM if you can help.

Brettbeck
05-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Best bet is eBay, although i've never myself seen an empty vapo case on there.

Maybe one of the builders here might have an old spare one they can sell you.

Big SturL
05-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Do you need THE Vapochill SE case, or just a case for a singlestager?

officermartinez
05-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not looking for the Vapo ATX case.. I'm looking for the small XE / LS case. I already own a Vapo LS and I am looking for a matching XE / LS case to mount on top of my Lian Li PC-7A case. The empty vapo XE / LS case is going to be used to house my water cooling stuff (triple rad, fans, water pump, reservior).. The reason I opted for the empty VAPO case is because it will obviously match my overall setup. I've already started a worklog and currently, my other parts are at the powder coater. I really appreciate your input and y'alls suggestion(s).

wdrzal
05-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Mr. officer may I suggest you go read XS rules,as you should have when joining on buying and selling in the forum , or you will get ticketed. Hope you don't get a life sentance.

Xeon th MG Pony
05-27-2007, 02:21 PM
He's asking a question pertaining TO buying, He is NOT selling nor asking costs of such a thing. So that would accord to the rules as they are currently stated.

runmc
05-27-2007, 02:38 PM
He's asking a question pertaining TO buying, He is NOT selling nor asking costs of such a thing. So that would accord to the rules as they are currently stated.

How would you interpret this rule.

He clearly stated he wanted to buy.

Anyone know where I can find or buy a gutted / empty Vapochill case

5. Buying, Selling & Trading outside the Classifieds.

There will be NO buying, selling or trading outside the Classifieds. PERIOD, there are NO exceptions. If caught doing so outside will result in immediate deletion of thread, warning to offender and possible permenant removal from Classifieds access.

wdrzal
05-27-2007, 03:04 PM

maybe you should re-read the rules too, you know the mod police hate to work on holliday weekends,lifes sentances are hard time. :yepp:

runmc
05-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I have met officermartinez :) I can see his house from where I live.

Stop with the Police jokes. :down: I don't want him stocking me.:eek: :ROTF:

I edited your post officermartinez. I think you get the idea. No reason not to ask a question as long as you word it correctly.

Welcome to XS forums - we are please to have you here :welcome:

Ssilencer
05-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Not exactly what you are looking for but you can do the rest easily
http://www.crazypc.com/products/9273BK.html

http://www.crazypc.com/images/coolers/cpu/supercooling/blacklianlikitfull.jpg

officermartinez
05-27-2007, 03:28 PM
LOL.. well thank you. My intentions were OBVIOUSLY not to violate ANY rules. I just wanted some direction. If I was asking to buy something or wanting to sell something, I would have worded it accordingly like WILLING TO BUY Vapo yada yada yada. I appreciate when people keep on the look out for violators..hehe.. go figure. Anyways, I am still wanting some direction / pointing me in the right direction. As for actually wanting to buy this item, I kept that off of this site per the rules that I read when I joined and have it listed as WTB on Hardforum. I am a firm believer in following the rules.

wdrzal
05-27-2007, 03:36 PM
:I was polite to the officer,but as he knows , pleading I didn't know officer is not a defense of the law. sorry ron the law is the law :fact: see he just used those word again used that Buy & sell word again. :rolleyes: :shrug: Fines are doubled in work areas

Excatly where do you live Ron, I can stay out of town or make a 530 mph pass down main street. :D

officermartinez
05-27-2007, 03:40 PM
:I was polite to the officer,but as he knows , pleading I didn't know officer is not a defense of the law. sory ron the law the law :fact: see he used that Buy word again. :rolleyes: :shrug:

Excatly where do you live, I can stay out of town or make a 530 mph pass down main street.

LOL.. I am actually an officer in Fort Worth, Texas. But, I don't work in the traffic division.

runmc
05-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Excatly where do you live Ron,

I live in Arlington and Martinez lives in FtWorth. The two cities are side by side. We are very close. I could probably be to his house in 15 min.

Xeon th MG Pony
05-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Ive read it and I still don't see how his original post violated at all, if you added to the rule that you are not even allowed to use the words in a sentence then it makes sense. So we are not even to use the words in the post?

To me makes little sense, he was asking where to go in order to buy, thus a question, the according answer would be to look in the classifieds or ebay as one mentioned.

runmc
05-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Ive read it and I still don't see how his original post violated at all, if you added to the rule that you are not even allowed to use the words in a sentence then it makes sense. So we are not even to use the words in the post?

To me makes little sense, he was asking where to go in order to buy, thus a question, the according answer would be to look in the classifieds or ebay as one mentioned.

Okay - you win :clap:

[XC] 2long4u
05-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Where are these classifieds?

4Qman
05-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Where are these classifieds?

believe its when you have 100+ posts dude. Oh and spamming the forum "I know ur thinking" wont get you in as Mods will see and shoot u dead. :yepp:

HoriWanderFuLL
05-28-2007, 03:27 AM
Why dont you try to make up a box for your unit to sit in ???

You could go better case than vapo for watercooling as there limited on features like front usb ports n stuff....

i have 2 of these Xe2 cases and i dont like the Psu position at all..that much that i had to move my psu into my top drive bays..I had to i couldnt handle pulling that psu out 1 more time just to unscrew my evap head .

so look around at some diff options maybe
Cheers Hori..

Ssilencer
05-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Why dont you try to make up a box for your unit to sit in ???

You could go better case than vapo for watercooling as there limited on features like front usb ports n stuff....

i have 2 of these Xe2 cases and i dont like the Psu position at all..that much that i had to move my psu into my top drive bays..I had to i couldnt handle pulling that psu out 1 more time just to unscrew my evap head .

so look around at some diff options maybe
Cheers Hori..

I'm not looking for the Vapo ATX case.. I'm looking for the small XE / LS case. I already own a Vapo LS and I am looking for a matching XE / LS case to mount on top of my Lian Li PC-7A case.

Read

officermartinez
05-28-2007, 06:48 AM
Well that does bring up an interesting question. I saw a few posts back where someone mentioned the dress up kit from Crazypc for a few hundred dollars. Plus I would still need to fabricate a few other pieces. That's the exact look I am looking for but its just too much. So, before I became a cop, I worked in the glass industry. I know they make aluminum channel molding. Since I have been out of business for a decade, I have no clue where to find that molding. That would be perfect too as they make right angle molding where all I would have to do is cut the sheets of aluminum to fit. Hmmmmm. Also, I am not sure on prices, but I remember it being a little expensive. I know our boss would get mad if we made a cut too small and had to scrap it.

gosmeyer
05-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Yes it is too much if you can fab on your own:mad: , however if you can’t it’s probably not:) .
You said you would still have to fab some other pcs. so if you have some skills just take some time, research
and do your own. Much more satisfying. Plus you get exactly what you want at minimal cost IMO.
just search aluminum angle & find the best price. I’m sure you even have a place close. Ck yellow pages.

OldGuy
05-28-2007, 11:20 AM
I know our boss would get mad if we made a cut too small and had to scrap it.

I cut it twice and it's STILL too Small!...sorry, machine shop humor, couldn't resist... :)

runmc
05-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I cut it twice and it's STILL too Small!...sorry, machine shop humor, couldn't resist... :)

How about - "Measure twice - cut once" :D

or

"If you can't remember the measurement - write it down"

officermartinez
05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey RUNMC.. I found a place off of Minnis and 121 who can absolutely fab me a case with the vapochill dimensions.. Its in Haltom City

Holst
05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey RUNMC.. I found a place off of Minnis and 121 who can absolutely fab me a case with the vapochill dimensions.. Its in Haltom City

Cool,

lets see some pics when you finish the build :D