PDA

View Full Version : Need Input on Loop :-)

Webster
05-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Ok, well im working on a new computer, and I have a few questions that I hope you can help on. Well to go ahead and start, Im probley gonna have a Q6600 (maybe just a e6600) and 2 R600s in this machine, which is all in a G70. Ok here is what i have.

Fuzion
EK 250 Res.
D5 + DDCw/ Petras Top
PA120.3 w/shroud

OK, well i dont know if it would be a good idea to have all that in one loop, so does anybody know if there is a good place to mount another Rad. in a G70? Besides on the top, internally. Also, if i do make it into a Dual Loop system, which Pump would be best for which loop? Im planning on using EK FC R600 blocks for the 2900XTs. Is it possible to run all of these on a PA120.3? Also, Im curious as to whether or not there is a backplate or something for my motherboard to give it more support when i start to crank down on my Fuzion. Also is it more beneficial to use different TIM in different places in my computer? I have some Arctic Silver 5, and some Shin-Etsu

Thanks!

Jedda
05-26-2007, 07:59 PM
2900XT are 15 watts more draw than 8800GTX, so look at what's being posted with single and sli 8800GTX builds and then consider your extra load.
Crossfire R600s are a significant heat issue to deal with. Although the cards come with one of the best stock cooling set ups the cooler runs too hot to touch with just one of the damn things. Whether AC or WC some thought will be needed.
Some reading here will find your G70, TIM answers.

ranker
05-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Ok, well im working on a new computer, and I have a few questions that I hope you can help on. Well to go ahead and start, Im probley gonna have a Q6600 (maybe just a e6600) and 2 R600s in this machine, which is all in a G70. Ok here is what i have.

Fuzion
EK 250 Res.
D5 + DDCw/ Petras Top
PA120.3 w/shroud

OK, well i dont know if it would be a good idea to have all that in one loop, so does anybody know if there is a good place to mount another Rad. in a G70? Besides on the top, internally. Also, if i do make it into a Dual Loop system, which Pump would be best for which loop? Im planning on using EK FC R600 blocks for the 2900XTs. Is it possible to run all of these on a PA120.3? Also, Im curious as to whether or not there is a backplate or something for my motherboard to give it more support when i start to crank down on my Fuzion. Also is it more beneficial to use different TIM in different places in my computer? I have some Arctic Silver 5, and some Shin-Etsu

Thanks!

I suggest breaking things off into two loops. Use the a PA120.2 for your CPU/chipset blocks with a DDC-2. The loop you have can take are of your CF R600 build. I'd suggest buying a thermalright backplate so you can really crank down without worrying about your motherboard cracking.

Webster
05-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Yea, that sounds like a plan my friend. I do have a question though, do you think it would be possible for a PA160.1 to handle a q6600, or a e6600? Probley with no chipset blocks. Im looking at a few possiblitities as to where to put a PA120.2, but there arent many open places with the way i want everything to go.

Hard H20
05-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Webster,

I agree with the others, seperate the loops. Those 2900XT's are going to need the PA120.3 cooling to themselves.

Good luck on your build. :up:

ranker
05-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Yea, that sounds like a plan my friend. I do have a question though, do you think it would be possible for a PA160.1 to handle a q6600, or a e6600? Probley with no chipset blocks. Im looking at a few possiblitities as to where to put a PA120.2, but there arent many open places with the way i want everything to go.

With a 2.0 GPM flow rate (provided by a DDC-2 w/ modded top), a PA160 can dissipate about 275W worth of heat. Considering that a stock quadcore puts out about 150W of heat and most overclocks don't push it past 225W, I don't see why a PA160 can't handle your quadcore in its own separate loop.