PDA

View Full Version : Help me overclock my E6600 please!!

Nightwolfie
05-26-2007, 04:26 AM
Hi! I'm kinda new to this forum and I have to say it was a reason for why I registered here! I have heard so many great things about this forum and I hope I can get some help here! :)

My system specs are:

Windows Vista x64 Ultimate
Evga Nforce680i (Revision A1)
E6600 (L627A101) cooled by Zalman 9700NT
Crucial BalistiX PC-8500 2gigs
Hiper 530W Psu
Geforce 8800gtx
WD 150gigs RaptorX Sata
WD 400gigs Sata2
Seagate 500gigs Sata2

That should be enough about my system, I believe.

In the BIOS:

BIOS version: P28 (should be the latest)
The settings that I run at are (default):

FSB Frequency: 266 (1066 QDR)
CPU:RAM: Auto
Timings: Optimal
CPU Volt: Auto
Idle temps: 30-40 c
Load: 40 c

I have used these settings before to get it to 3.35ghz

FSB Frequency: 375 (1500 QDR)
CPU:RAM: 2:1 (don't remember exactly)
Timings: 5-5-5-18
CPU Volt: 1.635 (!!)
Idle temps: 35-40 c
Load: 50 c

Windows goes just fine with these settings, except messenger that won't login or windows won't search for updates. Everything else works just fine.... Anyways, this is another issue that can be solved later, and I have recently formatted and running at stock speeds so now everything works just fine. But if I clock again, it will definately happen again... It's weird, it's just at some speeds when this error occurs.

As I said, windows goes just fine with those clock setting except for some errors which I mentioned. The main problem is that when I have clocked my system and restart the pc or just Save and exit from Bios, the pc won't boot. I have to unplug the power cord, try to start and it won't start. Then I unplug again and try to start and it starts. It boots with those settings... When I run at stock speeds it will restart just fine with no need to unplug the power cord.

So what I ask from you is that if you can help me overclock my pc to a stable overclock and maybe help me with those other issues as I mentioned. And can someone tell me why I have to use such a high voltage on the CPU to get a boot?

Thanks!!! :)

EDIT: Did I post this in a wrong section?
EDIT2: Also, the N680i chipset offers unlinked mode between ram and fsb. Whenever I try to run in this mode, I get BSOD. Help!