PDA

View Full Version : Is my mobo killing my 2GBHZ???

danbfree
05-21-2007, 07:54 PM
I have had to RMA this memory three times to Newegg in 9 months. I am running an Abit KN9 Ultra (AMD, nVidia 570 chipset) for the motherboard. It's always the same. After a shutdown after running a long time I will come back and the computer won't POST! Sometimes it will boot with one stick, sometimes both are fried! I running at exact specs (8ooMHz, 4-4-4-12-2T, 2.1v). I am getting very frustrated as I like the speed of this RAM but I am suspecting the motherboard at this point. I have been building my own systems for a dozen plus years and have never seen these kinds of failures. I am RMA'ing again through Newegg but would like some advice on my situation. Thanks for any input you can provide!

danbfree
05-22-2007, 12:35 AM
at some point you said raise the voltage... I actually raised to 2.2 most of the time. It is rated for 2.0-2.1@800 4-4-4-12 I was running 804 4-4-4-12 perfectly stable until I shut down for the day after running a coule weeks straight and now it won'y POST at all. I have an extra 1GB of buffalo 667 I am riunning as a backup for now, errgh...

danbfree
05-22-2007, 11:10 AM
So it looks like G.Skill doesn't care to respond... Oh well, I will get my RMA memory and sell it or something. THREE DEAD KITS in 9 months just isn't right!

GSKILL TECH
05-23-2007, 08:19 AM
just see it today

it is really odd, i recommend you rma your motherboard at the same time

danbfree
05-23-2007, 09:07 AM
it is really odd, i recommend you rma your motherboard at the same time

That is what I am doing... Newegg is cool that way and gave me an RMA for both... So no gaming and only surfing on my HDTV through my HTPC for now... oh well... Thanks for getting back to me and confirming my suspicions.