PDA

View Full Version : should i keep my E6600 L707A522?

jasyn
05-21-2007, 02:48 PM
i happen to have gotten this week/code .. and i think it's too new that i haven't really found any information regarding it. i suppose the consensus is that all the newer week/codes don't overclock as well? would i be better off returning this one and getting those L629F from tankguys?

mobo: asus ab9 quadgt
memory: 2GB g.skill HZ ddr2-800

i don't think those will be a bottleneck :) i'm planning to run this as a 24/7 machine with occasional gaming (until warhammer online comes out :shocked:), but mostly word processing, internet usage, and photoshop.

nugzo
05-21-2007, 03:23 PM
No way to know without testing it. Like us said, its new so no info out on that one. The L629F i have had great clocks with...but who knows, maybe the L707A is the new magic batch. Throw it in and report back...

NightRaven
05-21-2007, 03:52 PM
agree but its also pretty temperature dependent/ i cant do 3.8 with such low voltage for sure. need at least 1.6V. ambients here range from 26 to 32 degrees celcuis.

in the meantime i suggest ts keep his current one and give it a shot. unless he cant change it anymore.

dinos22
05-21-2007, 03:57 PM
i tested that week and it seemed nice doing 3.6GHz 1.44v but i didn't like the fact it kept crapping out at higher vcore.....i'm talking about SPI windows just fully shutting down or disappearing .......... never seen that before on other CPU

so it doesn't like vcore but it is a decent overclocker so you should be better off with that stepping than some of the others i've seen in newer batches