PDA

View Full Version : Need idea's for modding a TT Shark!

iDominus
05-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Like the title says, I need some ideas for modding my Thermaltake Shark:
http://www.komplett.be/img/p/400/306030.jpg
I'm already going to put an extra fan on the top of the case, because it can get hot up there. Now I've looked into loads of case mods and I will probably polish the inside too.
I haven't found much impressive Shark mods so I have no clue what to do with the front, might add some teeth :)

Thanks in advance

VisBits
05-19-2007, 12:03 PM
If you can fit it, I would put 2 120's on the side there venting into the video card. Or maybe even pushing air out. Depending what kind of card you have. I would also put LEDS pointing down above the shark scales on the front bottom there. I duno I actually want one of these cases but I'm bone dry on money now LOL.

iDominus
05-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah I got this case on discount too, it used to be a demo model so it costed me like 80 Euro's :). Anyways, I like the LED idea. But putting fans in the sidepanel is not worth it, cause it would have to be put in place with tie wraps which would look plain ugly.

Rattle
05-19-2007, 12:09 PM
mod the top for fans blowing up and out the fans on the side wont do anything.

Solarfall
05-19-2007, 12:12 PM
mmm.. lets see you could put couple of 120mm fans on on the bottom of the case to suck fresh air in, and do the same thing to the roof as well (like you already have planed to do)
and i would cut those honeycomb style mesh out and i would put a some colored acrylic on there.. and i would definitely paint the interior..

iDominus
05-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Paint the interior? I'll consider it... I'm probably not going to do that, since I've seen a interior painted Shark and it didn't look too good, so I think I'm going to stick to polishing it to a nice finish. Fans on the bottom is a good idea, but I have yet to decide what fans I'm going to use. Any recommendations for 120mm fans?

Solarfall
05-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Paint the interior? I'll consider it... I'm probably not going to do that, since I've seen a interior painted Shark and it didn't look too good, so I think I'm going to stick to polishing it to a nice finish. Fans on the bottom is a good idea, but I have yet to decide what fans I'm going to use. Any recommendations for 120mm fans?

well i currently use only scythe s-flex fans,they move a lot of air and they are very silent...also yate loons are really good fans but are kinda rare in europe well atleast in finland :(.

iDominus
05-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Yate Loons not availiable here :( S-Flex's are, so I'll buy 3-4 of those (SFF21E afcourse, the D has low availiability but it is very silent).
So far:
Fan(s) on bottom and top, polishing/painting interior, and LEDs down the 'scales'