PDA

View Full Version : MS Throws Down The Ban Hammer!!

Lestat
05-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Well guys anyone running a modded xbox (modded meaning modded DVD Drive firmware) stay off xbox live.
they are banning TONS of people.
The latest firmware releases with the jitter fix isnt stopping MS from banning people either, so be aware of that.

stay off xbox live if you have a modded xbox...

also just so you know the Live accounts are not being banned only the console, so if you have two consoles you can still use your xbox live Id on another console.

afireinside
05-17-2007, 07:53 PM
What's the modded firmware do? Is this for the 360 or XBMC for the xbox 1?

[XC]thewildblue
05-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Any links to this ?

I did the recent upgrade and its all been good for me so far. Havent been on for the past 2 days though.

The modded firmware allows you to play backups using dual layer media. It basically unlocks the firmware on the dvd drive to read other media.

Sorrow13
05-17-2007, 10:58 PM
modded firmware enables things that microsoft doesn't like. regular updates should be safe.

Lestat
05-18-2007, 07:41 AM
sorry guys this is on the 360.
go to www.xbox-scene.com front page article linking to the forum.

the modded DVD firmware lets you play back ups.
the creator of the firmware last week put out a pre-emptive firmware that added a check for copied game disks.
supposedly MS can not detect the modded firmware remotely which i think is b.s. but they can detect copied game disks since the security sectors and other tidbits of the disks are not 100% pure MS stuff.

well tons of people flashed their drives with the new firmware, and it failed, ms is able to detect 1 of two things, either the modded firmware itself or the copied games.

since they first started banning people years ago its been known to the modding community to stay off xbox live with the xbox 1 or the 360 since they can and will ban you.

but people got a big head thinking MS can't detect the firmware. well.. we now know they can detect something and are banning people left and right.

now there is also word on xbox.com that people without mod's are getting banned so evidentially the mod sniffing isnt perfect.
but they can still detect it and ban you.

but the good news as i mentioned is your live account isnt banned only the ID and MAC of the xbox 360 itself.

regular updates should be safe.

i'm not sure what you mean?
regular updates are no longer possible if you have the modded drive and are banned since you can not even connect to the internet with your xbox now. it just wont let you.
the spring update that came out last week is what contained the mod sniffer, and also the live servers, so,, once you sign in, it can detect and ban you.

if you like Live, flash it back to the stock firmware and just buy the games. otherwise your console is gunna get banned.

GGK
05-21-2007, 08:19 AM
they wont be able to detect a copied game because the disc is exactly like the the real one(that is the only way it will work).
and i doubt they can recogize the modded firmware.(they couldnt find it on the xbox one). it is because the modded firmware looks exactly like the normal firmware.

ahmad
05-23-2007, 03:31 AM
Its not very hard to do a checksum test...

Lestat
05-23-2007, 04:30 PM
they wont be able to detect a copied game because the disc is exactly like the the real one(that is the only way it will work).
and i doubt they can recogize the modded firmware.(they couldnt find it on the xbox one). it is because the modded firmware looks exactly like the normal firmware.

that is 50000% false.
and please dont take offense to this but you really dont have any clue what your talking about.
they could and CAN detect 100% modded firmware on the XBOX 1, wtf why do you think you cant go on live with modded firmware ??? why do you think they have multibank modchips and multibank tsop flashes ?
one bank is the original bios for live and the other is the modded firmware for other stuff.

they CAN check the disk because it is FAR FAR from a true copy.
the security sectors that you patch the image with prior to burning is not even correct.

they can detect many things about your box so just do your xbox a favor and stay offline.
in fact it has been rumored and advised to never go onlive again with a modded box until there is better information about whats going on.

but no one outside of MS knows the truth about what they can detect and what they cant.
Commadore4Eva can wish he knew whats going on and claim he knows but the truth is he dont know jack and has released 2 firmwares based 100% off speculation and rumors about what MS can and can not do.
the proof of that ?? any and all firmwares are detectable,, yet he claimed they weren't.

now WHAT exactly is being detected is unknown.. but no one outside of a selct few at MS know the truth so ...

people have even flashed back to their original MS firmware and played original games and have been banned.
it is believed that there is proof in that, that they have been able to see modded xbox's for some time and have been monitoring them.
or, the xbox itself keeps track of how many times the system has been booted with the DVD drive cable not plugged in, which is how you flash the unit.

rumors and more rumors and more lies and ploys,, but just stay off xbox live with your modded xbox unless you really dont care about live for your modded unit.