PDA

View Full Version : very large pump

Gyrfalcon
05-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Has anyone ever tried, or heard of someone trying this pump (http://www.iwakiamerica.com/nav/CMImage.aspx?CMID=0&Name=md70ZTcrv.pdf)

It is AC powered and would not be in the case with the rest of the computer, if I ever try this monster I will probably hard line it into a system using 316 stainless tubing and at least 3 120.3 rads in full parallel to keep it all cool.

grudgelord
05-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Eleven gpm, a sixty foot head and 40 PSI potential?! Leak prevention would be a nightmare, even hard-lined. I'm not sure you wouldn't blow the blocks apart with that thing. And even if you could ameliorate the massive heat dump you'd likely never achieve anything resembling efficiency.

At worst, it's sprinkler system waiting to happen and at best, wasted power. A simple Laing pump would probably "pwn" that monster for most typical setups.

But this is just my guess as I haven't run any numbers.

IanY
05-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Wouldn't that be quite noisy ? I have thought of it before, placing it in the basement, but the length of the tubing will negate all advantage.

grudgelord
05-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Wouldn't that be quite noisy ? I have thought of it before, placing it in the basement, but the length of the tubing will negate all advantage.

Place it in another state. ;)