PDA

View Full Version : I want a good tactical shooter.

Loony
05-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a sweet tactical shooter. I want something with a good storyline to make a single player mode fun for hours. Also, a good multiplayer co-op mode would be awesome too. I've got a decent system, was one of the best last year, so sweet graphics would be good. Nothing buggy, I hate buggy shtuff :stick:

Thanks for any suggestions!

cursivearmy1
05-12-2007, 09:31 AM
bowsix vegas

OpTioN
05-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Half-life 2 for sure.

STALKER seems pretty decent too.

ahmad
05-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Farcry!

How can you consider halflife to be a tactical shooter...

Cracker
05-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I enjoyed the single player version of Call of Duty 2 and I continue to enjoy the multiplayer version as well. It looks really good if you crank up the details and run it in DX9 mode.

yaddam205
05-29-2007, 11:48 PM
SWAT4 ftw.

adamsleath
05-29-2007, 11:57 PM
im sorta interested in GRAW 2...must be nearly out....28th June in Aussie; anyone played it?
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/graw2/

KoHaN69
05-30-2007, 12:02 AM
graw the latest rainbow six arent real tactical.
Since SWAT4 and its expansion pack there was nothing truly tactical
make sure you try graw2 and the latest rainbowsix before you waste $$ on it

adamsleath
05-30-2007, 12:04 AM
mmmk.

battlefield bad company ?

"In a world that's 90 percent destructible, the gameplay possibilities are infinite -- the battlefield is always changing, forcing players, teammates, and enemies to react accordingly. Gamers will have total freedom to adapt to and tackle challenges in creative Battlefield-style ways."

mmm destructible...:slobber:

call of duty 4

sc00p
05-30-2007, 03:07 AM
All I want to say: keep out from R6:Vegas :down: , bugs are there... atleast with multiplay. I'm really fed up that and my friends still want to play that crap :mad:
Not so good game IMO even without the bugs :shakes: ... but I haven't played singleplay scenarios.

5-Clicks
05-30-2007, 04:39 AM
Vegas is the most fun coop I've played since DoomII. The single player storyline is, meh, ok...nothing special. It's not bad though.

I recommend Vegas and FarCry. FarCry for the single player, Vegas for the multi.

ex2cib
05-30-2007, 04:34 PM
just got done beating stalker for the 2nd time yesterday. its a good game to me. got tired of the "kill the bandits at garbage" thing though. i kinda wish i could have that gun i had at the end of the game at the beginning though, wouldve made life a lot easier

KoHaN69
05-30-2007, 05:15 PM
just got done beating stalker for the 2nd time yesterday. its a good game to me. got tired of the "kill the bandits at garbage" thing though. i kinda wish i could have that gun i had at the end of the game at the beginning though, wouldve made life a lot easier

sshhh!!!!!!! :mad:

some of us are waiting for it to get patched before starting

ex2cib
05-30-2007, 05:52 PM
sshhh!!!!!!! :mad:

some of us are waiting for it to get patched before starting

not saying anything that reveals any parts of the game,

just know that you might have to kill a few hundred bandits:rofl:

n00b 0f l337
05-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Farcry, Doom3, and C&C Renegade

Cracker
05-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I just replayed some Call of Duty 2 single player tonight and it was a lot of fun. :up:

And I tried GRAW and found it to be boring and not worth figuring out and so I won't be trying GRAW2. :p: Far Cry is aww-ight but the "AI" is insanely frustrasting at some points. I like a challenge but come on, lol.

Another shooter I enjoyed was F.E.A.R. and it's expansion pack. A bit repetitive but solid shooter action with nice graphics. Stalker is also quite a bit of fun... I just re-installed my O/S so maybe I need to re-install that game too to at least try and finish it.

Again, COD2 is a solid choice.

lowbid
06-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking for a sweet tactical shooter. I want something with a good storyline to make a single player mode fun for hours. Also, a good multiplayer co-op mode would be awesome too. I've got a decent system, was one of the best last year, so sweet graphics would be good. Nothing buggy, I hate buggy shtuff :stick:

Thanks for any suggestions!

farcry...hands down the best tactical shooter and a good story...long game

graw ...is a good one

doom3...ok but to dark

fear...ok but short game

call of duty...good if you like ww2 games

half life...very good and half life 2

lowfat
06-01-2007, 05:33 PM
my vote goes for STALKER....

v0dka
06-02-2007, 12:38 PM
A lof of non tactical games are being suggested, get a real tactical shooter for free Americas Army (www.americasarmy.com). They got a nice stat tracker here AAOtracker (www.aaotracker.com).

Graphics are on the UE2.5 engine, a little bit outdated perhaps but if youre looking for a tactical taeam based game this is the one. And they already got the UE3.0 engine ready to upgrade in one of the coming patches.

mcnbns
06-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Insurgency is a nice looking tactical shooter HL2 mod that's coming out very soon:
http://www.insurgencymod.net/

xenoasd
06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
swat4? great game.. pretty old tho.. still fun.

xenoasd
06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
sry for double posting lag. delete please

[XC] leviathan18
06-04-2007, 07:29 PM
full spectrum warrior, thats a true tactical shooter

YugenM
06-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Delta Force 2

I was playing that with two other guys in my Drafting class, and this one noob kept whining about BS hax

Chopst1x
06-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Can't believe no one has suggested Americas Army, and its free!!

Get it and start training, it's quality!

uwackme
06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Farcry #1, but America's Army is #2 and I play it almost every night.

Just pretend the other idiots are BOTs and that it's a single player game :D

fbmbirds
06-07-2007, 04:43 PM

hey you can have the guns at the end earlyer with a patch or something i remeber i had it installed got it from fileshack or fileplanet i dont know but i made it so you could buy guns and items that you get in the middle of the game at the begging from that fat guy in the start you know the gun that he has in the back room you can see it on the stand behind him. yea that gun but its like 20000 so get some guns and start trading its a good game. S.T.A.L.K.E.R

also for tac shooters go with SWAT 4 its not to bad it graphics but its all there get SWAT 4 gold from gamestop.com /newegg.com has it out of stalk for months now so gamestop or ebgames for 20 dollars good buy

Loony
06-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Yea SWAT 4 is pretty sweet, I've been playing it a bit. But, I want something that you're mission is to actually take people out. SWAT 4 is in the right direction with the tactical part, but you get a perfect score only if you don't kill anyone.

StealthyFish
06-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I have to say, vegas is the best tom clancy game ever made, and I've played almost all of them. It puts the tactical shooter style and arcade shooter style together. Makes for a fun game, especially when you can blind fire AND shoot around a corner. It's even better playing coop when you've got a friend on the phone or mic or something too.

but the campaign will have you hating mexicans in the end. You'll understand if you play the game.

Cyco
06-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Swat 4 gets my vote

excellent multipayer and co-op and a good single player to boot

you should be able to pick it up cheap now too

lowbid
06-19-2007, 04:54 AM
I have to say, vegas is the best tom clancy game ever made, and I've played almost all of them. It puts the tactical shooter style and arcade shooter style together. Makes for a fun game, especially when you can blind fire AND shoot around a corner. It's even better playing coop when you've got a friend on the phone or mic or something too.

but the campaign will have you hating mexicans in the end. You'll understand if you play the game.

I would have to concur with you on Vegas. The game gets better as it goes on and some of the dialog in the game is the funniest thing I have heard. I liked the single player terrorist hunt and it is not that easy to play.

I played stalker and did not like it very much but I,im going to give it one more try.

G80
06-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Half life 2 tactical? If you really want to go tactical, operation flashpoint, rainbow six-ravenshield and ARMA is the way to go.

phelan1777
06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
It seems not many are fans of BF2, but I have come to have quite a bit of fun with this in that:

There is at least one server up that I have played on a few times, the rules are strict as the admins are tight about infringements.

You play as SNipers and only snipers, there are 2-3 maps of at least one is AWESOME for sniping, you make use of the ranges of the weapons, takes skill to hide and NOT give yourself away, its a chess game plain and simple.

You can not use any other weapons, you cant cross a particular line on the map, so you are wise to learn the maps, learn your weapon and know where/when to hide and how to move and not be seen. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but that is pretty much the only reason I play BF2, and I found it by accident. You can play COOP since its multi-player, to one up that, you can talk trash to your friends if you are on opposing sides, because its frustrating to get hit and not know where it came from.

Just my .02

Oh and some free general sniper advice for all reading.

YOU DON'T LET YOURSELF GET KILLED IN A SPOT, RE-SPAWN AND HEAD BACK TO THE SAME SPOT YOU DIED!

HIGH POINTS ARE NOT ALWAYS THE BEST! THAT is the first place the enemy usually looks.

Loony
06-19-2007, 12:19 PM
It seems not many are fans of BF2, but I have come to have quite a bit of fun with this in that:

There is at least one server up that I have played on a few times, the rules are strict as the admins are tight about infringements.

You play as SNipers and only snipers, there are 2-3 maps of at least one is AWESOME for sniping, you make use of the ranges of the weapons, takes skill to hide and NOT give yourself away, its a chess game plain and simple.

You can not use any other weapons, you cant cross a particular line on the map, so you are wise to learn the maps, learn your weapon and know where/when to hide and how to move and not be seen. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but that is pretty much the only reason I play BF2, and I found it by accident. You can play COOP since its multi-player, to one up that, you can talk trash to your friends if you are on opposing sides, because its frustrating to get hit and not know where it came from.

Just my .02

Oh and some free general sniper advice for all reading.

YOU DON'T LET YOURSELF GET KILLED IN A SPOT, RE-SPAWN AND HEAD BACK TO THE SAME SPOT YOU DIED!

HIGH POINTS ARE NOT ALWAYS THE BEST! THAT is the first place the enemy usually looks.

I used to play on that server a LOT. It was the Sn][per server, something like that. Good times.

I wouldn't call BF2 quite tactical...