PDA

View Full Version : redid loops with new mobo

JeffnWV
05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
had a few bad codes on my 680i board so I RMA'd it and decided to redo my wc setup. here's a pic.
Loop 1 is the semi clear line - pump(DDC-2 w/PT) > Rad(pa 120.3 under floor) > cpu > GPU > GPU > back to pump

Loop 2 is blue line - pumps(2 db-1's in series) > Rad(BIP in exhaust fan area) > NB > mem sinks > SB > back to pump

T lines running off top of both lines dying in top

opinions welcome

IanY
05-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Very pretty as usual, especially fitting everything inside a Stacker 830

How do you feel about the OCZ Flexx ram and the Swiftech F fittings ?

JeffnWV
05-11-2007, 10:23 AM
I only wc'd the mem because I could :D I know it's a waste of time but alot of things in life are. I have read that OC the ram is likely not as important or as effective as doing the FSB... I may OC it some.
To me the F fittings are ok but it would be nice if they offered other options like a straight fitting with the 1/4" leg still coming in at an angle like these. I struggled with orientation of these fittings for a long time and IMO nothing "looks" good. You can't see it, but the other F fitting is coming right off of the NB and is behind the cpu>gpu line...so it helps the ugly, unugly a lil :) (think I just created a new word)

JeffnWV
05-11-2007, 10:28 AM
one thing I found is nice...those 1/4 shut offs at my T lines makes rotating the case for bleeding better...keeps the air in the lines from getting back in the loop

IanY
05-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey.. you're not alone. I wc only because I can, and because I want to. You think you're crazy? I'm splitting the video cards into separate independent loops, and I think I'm the only whacko ever to think of something that crazy. My question is whether the ram is serving you well.

JeffnWV
05-11-2007, 11:31 AM
thx bro :)

Iany,
I'm content with this mem even tho some other types OC better and are better matched to the processor. I've heard alot of horror stories with these 680i boards frying memory but this OCZ stuff has taken extended periods of 2.3+ volts and I've had it up past 1350 mhz as well...it's outlived my first mobo, so I'm satisfied with it. :D

JeffnWV
05-11-2007, 01:50 PM
The Evolution...830 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119103

Fans....
my pa 120.3 is mounted underneath. Not enuff room inside for pa rad(capacitors on bottom edge of EVGA board stick out too far and are too low).
So my 3 fans are on the inside pulling air in. The shrouds you see come with the case in the 4 fan side panel bracket. I realized they'd work there. (no more dropping screws in on the radiator :) )

I did have to mod my case floor for the 3rd 120mm fan...plus I opened it up more than the stock hole

serialk11r
05-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Yea I like it, simple yet elegant.
Wow 2 pumps just for ram, nb, sb? That's some...overkill.

JeffnWV
05-11-2007, 03:18 PM
yea but pretty restrictive...and I had the two pumps anyways.

there's like 25 inches of tubing in the main loop :)