PDA

View Full Version : QuadGT bios flash?

itznfb
05-10-2007, 05:25 AM
ok, so i'm stuck here with a QuadGT that won't boot and won't load any RAID utility. it has the original BIOS. the problem is, i have no way of flashing the BIOS. if i create a bootable CD with the BIOS file and utilities on it, it says bad boot device. if i create a bootable floppy there isn't enough space on the disk for the BIOS files. and i don't see anywhere in the BIOS where it gives me an option to flash. even if i did, i'm told that doesn't work with beta BIOS.

any help? :confused:

hadji_a
05-10-2007, 05:37 AM
create a second floppy with bios etc.
boot with first floppy then swap.

sc00p
05-10-2007, 07:04 AM
First you should check from Folder Options that you've Show hidden files and folders -option on.
Then you can see at floppy disk you created that there's lot's files which aren't needed. You need only three files (and the rest of them you can/have to delete):
-IO.SYS
-MSDOS.SYS
-COMMAND.SYS

Then you've enough space for the BIOS files (four files... is readme.txt nor required, duh):
-Runme.bat
-Abitfae.bae
-Awdflash.exe
-BIOS.bin

(BTW: I flashed through FlashMenu... but I cannot recommend the maneuver for anyone. Next time I will use floppy for flashing).

itznfb
05-10-2007, 07:05 AM
lol. i can't believe i didn't think of that. thanks.

hopefully it will boot from floppy though. because it certainly doesn't boot from CD.

create a second floppy with bios etc.
boot with first floppy then swap.

itznfb
05-10-2007, 07:07 AM
BTW: I flashed through FlashMenu... but I cannot recommend the maneuver for anyone. Next time I will use floppy for flashing.

what is FlashMenu?

sc00p
05-10-2007, 07:30 AM
itznfb;2182251']what is FlashMenu?
It's the part of Abit uGuru-utility (but it is completely essential to use the latest Flash Menu (ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/utilities/flashmenu/flashmenu1503.zip)-version). Hope you can flash through floppy :toast: There's lot's of reports cmos gone bad with Flash Menu/windows flashing.

itznfb
05-11-2007, 06:19 AM
well, i tried booting with a MS-DOS boot disk, and it gave me a I/O error when trying to boot from it. i tried booting with the partition magic boot disk and that worked, but the bios flash utility failed and just rebooted. i'll try creating the boot disk sc00p suggested later.

sc00p
05-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah... just use windows explorer method to create ms-dos start up disk (&then clean that in a way we were talking about).
Bur remember to format that disk first of all ;)

itznfb
05-14-2007, 01:06 PM
well, when i boot to the floppy it just restarts when it goes to load the files... any more suggestions? i'm about to throw this board in the garbage