PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Eddy? (EK)

ranker
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
I've been waiting for weeks now to get a NF4 1.1 block as well as a few others as well for systems I'm building on the side.

What's up with the lack of products? Eddy must be costing himself a fortune with all these potential sales going to other companies. Can anyone shed some light?

Jedda
05-09-2007, 07:55 PM
He seems to have taken on too many resellers for his size and is having to ramp everything up.

warriorpoet
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I imagine it's the same thing that happens to any small company when massive sudden growth is encountered.

His products are really beyond compare (especially the FC VGA blocks), so he'll have no problem earning people back, if he's lost them at all.

Petra
05-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Last I heard, the bulk of the delay that our order experienced was due to Eddy & co. having to set up some new CNC equipment. We're still waiting, though, patient as ever. :)

warriorpoet
05-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Last I heard, the bulk of the delay that our order experienced was due to Eddy & co. having to set up some new CNC equipment. We're still waiting, though, patient as ever. :)New CNC= greater production, greater products, and (hopefully) greater profits :thumbsup:

Jedda
05-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Larger underpants?

ranker
05-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Last I heard, the bulk of the delay that our order experienced was due to Eddy & co. having to set up some new CNC equipment. We're still waiting, though, patient as ever. :)

Yeah, I keep harassing Quoc every so often when I place my orders. He keeps promising that the next 2 EK NF4 1.1 blocks have my name on it. But still, good lord, it's been 3 weeks!

Petra
05-09-2007, 10:26 PM
But still, good lord, it's been 3 weeks!

Actually, I think it has been more like 4 weeks since we placed our order... :rolleyes:

Aqua-Pc's
05-09-2007, 10:31 PM
EK are having slight issues with demand although i take my hat of to them they are dealing with the problems alot better then other comapnies have in the past. They have also added a pair of cnc machines to the fleet and these are now up and running at full speed so i expect to see the lead destoryed once the backlog has been produced. ;)

RX7boricua
05-09-2007, 10:42 PM
It could be a lot worse, they could have tons of stock consisting of shoddy, crappy parts that perform like total butt. :) I'd rather wait a while and get the best, then settle for some inferior component from another company. I heart my EK 8800 blocks! :)

Eddy_EK
05-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey!

I am all alive and kicking :)
And yes I do have lots of demand and lots of developement running...
Like R600 FC block, GF 8600 FC block, DDC top, and lots of more.
Contact me on my e-mail if you have more questions regarding stock and everything.

Best, Eddy

Sparky
05-09-2007, 10:57 PM
R600 block.... love it, card isn't even released yet and you are already on top of things :D
way to go eddy!

ranker
05-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Hey!

I am all alive and kicking :)
And yes I do have lots of demand and lots of developement running...
Like R600 FC block, GF 8600 FC block, DDC top, and lots of more.
Contact me on my e-mail if you have more questions regarding stock and everything.

Best, Eddy

Eddy,

My biggest concerns are

1) When will you put paypal/credit card payment options back on your site. Lots of us are wishing to order directly and are hesitant about sending checks/MO and bank transfers.

2) Can you show us what your DDC top looks like?

SP1
05-10-2007, 02:14 AM
A universal GPU block Eddy?

zbogorgon
05-10-2007, 04:51 AM
A universal GPU block Eddy?

that one too

Paypal is just silly, here in Slovenia we cannot except payments so no good for us and Paypal just doesn't want to do anything about it

Aqua-Pc's
05-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Could google checkout be a possibility?

sanhacker
05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
He just shipped my NF4 1.1 and EVGA 680i NB blocks last Thursday.
Ordered on 4/24 and shipped on 5/3. That wasn't so bad.

Just place the order on his site. Then email him (with your Order #) asking about your payment options. He responds very quickly.

zbogorgon
05-11-2007, 03:58 AM
Could google checkout be a possibility?

he said he will check into ASAP

Eddy_EK
05-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Hi!

Google checkout is not an option for me because it is only in US and UK :slap:
However some customers might have a luck, because I might fins a block or two but mostly for certain if the product shows out of stock it is the best way to contact me directly before ordering.

DDC top is just plain Acetal (delrin TM) DDC top.
Experimenting a little more but we are very close to a very good performance.
The R600 blcos will be a little complicated as the card has RAM modules on both sides.

Garrett
05-12-2007, 06:26 AM
Hi!

Google checkout is not an option for me because it is only in US and UK :slap:
However some customers might have a luck, because I might fins a block or two but mostly for certain if the product shows out of stock it is the best way to contact me directly before ordering.

DDC top is just plain Acetal (delrin TM) DDC top.
Experimenting a little more but we are very close to a very good performance.
The R600 blcos will be a little complicated as the card has RAM modules on both sides.
YES! Expect 1 DDC Top order from me :)

Oh and I don't want to hijack this thread, but Eddy, can you look into the cyclone "issues" with your otherwise wonderful reservoir?

It seems people with pretty powerful (DDC2) pumps have a cyclone/tornado building up in the reservoir, can anything be done about this?

Patriote
05-12-2007, 08:32 AM
R600 block.... love it, card isn't even released yet and you are already on top of things :D
way to go eddy!

Hell yeah! Thats awesome. +1 R600 Block order for me. :D

Starscream
05-12-2007, 09:03 AM

Oh and I don't want to hijack this thread, but Eddy, can you look into the cyclone "issues" with your otherwise wonderful reservoir?

It seems people with pretty powerful (DDC2) pumps have a cyclone/tornado building up in the reservoir, can anything be done about this?

it aint only DDC2 pumps that make the cyclone. I got a 10 watt DDC and had a cyclone and it looked sexeh. if it hadnt sucked air into the loop i would have kept it
ways to solve the cyclone is to fill the res up all the way (thats how i did it).

Most people use the bottom delrin bit (the one with 3 holes) as in and out, i think if Eddy made that delrin bit wich has the 3 holes a lil larger (taller) and thus make the seperation between the 2 holes higher the cyclone wont be able to form cause it wont get enough room. Further the OUT hole wont be able to suck air bubbles wich are coming in threw the IN hole.

Frostbyte
05-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Hello Eddy. Just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with your products. I have two of your 8800's and the 680i NB block and could not be happier with the quality of the machining and the overall performance.

Zahvalite se vas na kakovost svojega izdelka in službe!

Ambro
05-13-2007, 04:23 PM

I would put some expanded foam (the type that they use in race car fuel tanks to stop fuel sloshing - also the same as lian li air filters!) in your res.

SP1
05-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Ramsinks EK Ramsinks.

Eddy_EK
05-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi!

Thanks for good words and everything.
Ramsinks... HM... I will not say never, some day, perhaps...

pie_uk
05-19-2007, 07:28 AM
ram sinks would be awesome, so would just a gpu block not full cover.... :cool:

Jimmer411
05-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Will there ever be an EK Universal GPU block as an option??

zbogorgon
05-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Will there ever be an EK Universal GPU block as an option??

working on it and I really HOPE soon

Aqua-Pc's
05-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Sounds cool and i would also a say a new version of the wave would be an added bonus to!

Raja@ASUS
05-20-2007, 05:53 AM
I would like to see some non full cover GPU blocks fro EK, the full coverage are nice, however, once you are done with the cards you have to purchase them again for the next model. I have moved over to the Swiftech MCW60, they just release newer adaptor plates for the newer cards, which is a sound monetary investment imo..

Full cover blocks have their advantages, though it would be nice to see a well thought out core only block from EK...

regards
Raja

Jimmer411
05-20-2007, 06:20 AM
working on it and I really HOPE soon

Ill be down for one :clap:

InTheFlow
05-20-2007, 08:43 PM
New CNC= greater production, greater products, and (hopefully) greater profits :thumbsup:

What is CNC equipment?

Ill be down for one :clap:

I'm interested as well. :cool:

serialk11r
05-20-2007, 11:30 PM
What is CNC equipment?

I'm interested as well. :cool:

computer numerically controlled, could refer to mills, lathes, etc. I think he's talking about a mill here, i.e. a beefier, more expensive cnc mill.

hecktic
05-25-2007, 01:27 AM
this will sound funny lol

Eddy can you please send petras or performance pcs some more of the EK NF4 1.1 acetal blocks ?

Jedda
05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
My blocks arrived. Whoopee!
What chance EK doing a 2900XT full cover?

ranker
05-25-2007, 11:49 PM
My blocks arrived. Whoopee!
What chance EK doing a 2900XT full cover?

They've got one in the works and I believe it's in production now.