PDA

View Full Version : Apple To Reveal Secret Leopard Features in June

chun
05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Apple has sent out brief teaser emails to developers inviting them to WWDC 2007. The email reads:

See the future.
Then take it home with you.

The Leopard beta. Available first at WWDC.
At the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference, we're planning to show you a feature-complete version of Mac OS X Leopard, and you can take home a beta copy. Be the first to get your hands on the Leopard beta and get a huge head start on development. Register now for WWDC 2007 -- it's your ticket to the future of Mac OS X.

Apple had previously announced that they would be providing a "feature-complete" version of Leopard at WWDC. "Feature-complete" presumably indicates that Apple would finally be revealing the "secret" features that they have been hinting at for months.

In the email, Apple also lets developers know that they had extended early registration until May 11th.

sky
05-11-2007, 03:23 AM
yea i got that email as well. secret features sounds a bit flakey though, innit?
i mean 'feature complete' could mean all and everything really. i've been a bit
disappointed with that outfit lately. everything bows to the iphony seemingly...
;P
hm maybe they'll have the next gen mbp out with 10.5 in sept/oct then. hmm

Vapor
05-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Secret features...HD-DVD/Blu-Ray support? I can't imagine they're adding much major stuff tbh.

antipop
05-18-2007, 06:18 AM
I think you're going to be surprised Vapor (or so I hope). There are a lot of rumors circulating about a new interface and a new finder (crossing fingers). No one knows what Steve has in his sleeves :P

ugp
05-19-2007, 12:21 PM
They are pretty good about holding out on secrets that is for sure.

Unless they change much in 10.5 I won't be switching over from 10.4.9

antipop
05-19-2007, 01:22 PM
You mean 10.4.10 by the time ;) It should be the last one before Leopard (though I wouldn't rule out an 11 if you look at the calendar).
I'm going to make the move, just because I like having the new stuff :p but it's true that it's still not exciting. Let's hope for some real action in a couple of weeks :D

Vapor
05-19-2007, 03:18 PM
If it's true that Apple RDC is included with 10.5, I'll be a day 0 adopter.

selectodude
05-22-2007, 12:41 PM
If it's true that Apple RDC is included with 10.5, I'll be a day 0 adopter.

I made that mistake with Tiger.

antipop
05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I bought Tiger as soon at it came out and I never ran in any problem with it. Just the minor glitch here and there.