PDA

View Full Version : OH NOES!! Naekuh got his RD-30

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Well it got dropped off. However , i dont think i'll be able to drop it inside my rig until next month. More like, i think XSTM will most likely come over my house and personally steal it if i try to work on my main system.

On the other hand. XSTA will probably be saying. STOP DROP AND FLY?

Well heres some pics for ya, because this kind of thread without pics is only a tease:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0658.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0659.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0660.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0661.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0663.jpg

Enjoy.

serialk11r
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Its so...beautiful :slobber:

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
heh.. yeah... i want to paint it tho.

And i just got a MW S150-25. Forget tec's. After seeing how hot a quad gets first hand, i totally understand why you and Nol kept poking phase on me.

oh i should of also mentioned. It weights about 3x a D5 would weight.

Its one heavy mofo.

[cTx] Nooc
05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
damn and I though d5 was big...that thing is MASSIVE! :fact:

_G_
05-09-2007, 02:08 PM
congrats:toast:

phcjpp
05-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I have 2 of those wandering their way across the Atlantic. Can't wait. :banana: :banana:

Chris

Hard H20
05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Now hook that bad boy up. ;) XSTM won't mind I promise. :p:

I'm having water problems right now myself, my office floor as well as the inside of my case are currently sitting in a puddle. One of my PA120.3's sprung a leak along one of the outside seems of the rad. RMA / Customs time, oh lucky me.

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Now hook that bad boy up. ;) XSTM won't mind I promise. :p:

I'm having water problems right now myself, my office floor as well as the inside of my case are currently sitting in a puddle. One of my PA120.3's sprung a leak along one of the outside seems of the rad. RMA / Customs time, oh lucky me.

OUCH....

yeah i already prewashed and tested my PA.

All im waiting for is that my case.

Then i can drop my old E6600 rig in this armor. Move my quad to the U2.

And have 3 h2o cooled comps crunching WCG.

6 cores total at 3.6ghz. Maybe 4 @ 3.7 and 2 @ 3.6 :D

Thats uber hamster power for you.

p8ntslinger676
05-09-2007, 02:24 PM
wow, i want :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

Grinch
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM
all I can say is.......SEXY!

Hard H20
05-09-2007, 02:37 PM
OUCH....

yeah i already prewashed and tested my PA.

All im waiting for is that my case.

Then i can drop my old E6600 rig in this armor. Move my quad to the U2.

And have 3 h2o cooled comps crunching WCG.

6 cores total at 3.6ghz. Maybe 4 @ 3.7 and 2 @ 3.6 :D

Thats uber hamster power for you.

Freaky thing is this rad had been flushed, ran, flushed ran, NO problems.

I got another QX6700 on the cheap delivered, tore the loop down, dropped the new chip in, hooked everything back up started leak testing. I went outside to smoke a cig came back in and water is every friggin place. I have NEVER seen a rad leak from an outside seam before, 1st time for everything. Now I'm getting shafted on my RMA in the States because its beyond 30 days from my order date. Oh did I mention I spent a couple K with the people who are refusing my RMA???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Now I'm going to have to ship this thing back to the UK to have it exchanged, that's 90.00 USD. Come out cheaper buying a new rad.

Petra, when are you guys going to start stocking Thermochill Rads?????? From now on its order from Petra, or order from nobody!

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
is WCG to cure cancer? if it is i am all in when i start my new build

Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy Project
Genome Comparison Project
Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2 Project
FightAIDS@Home Project

Thats all the projects they have currently.

Cancer is part of proteome folding if im not mistaken.

Petra
05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Petra, when are you guys going to start stocking Thermochill Rads?????? From now on its order from Petra, or order from nobody!

Erm, well, ehh.... <*cough*>wereceivedsometodayandthey'lllikelybeonthesitebyth eendoftheweek</*cough*> :wasntme:

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Erm, well, ehh.... <*cough*>wereceivedsometodayandthey'lllikelybeonthesitebyth eendoftheweek</*cough*> :wasntme:

ahahahaha.. i wonder from where and what it is.. :wasntme:

But anyhow about time alex!

Sorry again i couldnt of waited for you to stock it. But then again, i think your glad i went hunting them on my own. :rofl:

Hard H20
05-09-2007, 02:58 PM

Glad you guys are getting these in stock, thanks.

_G_
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Freaky thing is this rad had been flushed, ran, flushed ran, NO problems.

I got another QX6700 on the cheap delivered, tore the loop down, dropped the new chip in, hooked everything back up started leak testing. I went outside to smoke a cig came back in and water is every friggin place. I have NEVER seen a rad leak from an outside seam before, 1st time for everything. Now I'm getting shafted on my RMA in the States because its beyond 30 days from my order date. Oh did I mention I spent a couple K with the people who are refusing my RMA???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Now I'm going to have to ship this thing back to the UK to have it exchanged, that's 90.00 USD. Come out cheaper buying a new rad.

If its an outside seam maybe a local rad shop can braze it up.
where did you get it from?

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 03:01 PM
where did you get it from? someone in florida?

uhh whats up with the state you listed above?

_G_
05-09-2007, 03:06 PM
not many etailers there(narrows it down)

edit:nm was just wondering who denied Hard H20's rma.

Hard H20
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM
where did you get it from?

Got it from Mountain Mods.

Hard H20
05-09-2007, 03:15 PM
uhh whats up with the state you listed above?

Right after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans our beloathed Mayor decided to go on national, no scratch that, GLOBAL television and refer to bringing "his peoples back to the Chocolate City." :rolleyes:

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Got it from Mountain Mods.

crap... my rad is from Mountain Mods.

You said it was fine until you started it? GAH... guess i get to play with this RD-30 a bit sooner then i thought.

Hard H20
05-09-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't remember which thread it was but ALOT of people had problems with rads they purchased from MM's.

No, the rad worked fine for about a month and a half, until the seam leak appeared after a CPU reinstall earlier today.

nealh
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Hey guys..A birdie told me Petra's will have Thermochill rads later this week...:clap:

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-09-2007, 04:31 PM
petra could you sell preflushed thermochills (for a little extra) i know you could set it up and make pretty efficient work of it. I would pay for it because i don't really have (and dont want to buy) the setup to do the hot water thing.

anyway just an idea, glad to know you've got them, ill probably buy one anyway ;)

serialk11r
05-09-2007, 04:44 PM
petra could you sell preflushed thermochills (for a little extra) i know you could set it up and make pretty efficient work of it. I would pay for it because i don't really have (and dont want to buy) the setup to do the hot water thing.

anyway just an idea, glad to know you've got them, ill probably buy one anyway ;)

Why can't you take hot water, and shake it up?

IanY
05-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm canceling all business with Mountain Mods from now on.

NickS
05-09-2007, 05:47 PM

Way to be inconspicuous ;)

IanY
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
uh...that was random...what happened?

reference Hard H20

Movieman
05-09-2007, 05:56 PM
uh...that was random...what happened?

Yea, they sort of crapped all over HardH20 today..
Not a smart way to do business.

Baleful
05-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Yea, they sort of crapped all over HardH20 today..
Not a smart way to do business.

Well that sucks, and all this right after I placed my order for a CUFO lol... nice. Oh well, hope i don't get the shaft.

IanY
05-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I take my business to companies that value those who promote their existence.

They can take their crappy paintwork and put it where the moon don't shine.

And if Thermochill does not honor an exchange via their US distributor... cough cough DD cough... and issue trade credit for supporting their US customers, they can keep their Thermochills as well. I'll just use Swiftech MCRs.

We spend too much money to take this crap from manufacturers.. and we have the ultimate power.. its called the Visa/MC.

Makubex_GB
05-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I have a question, assuming the specs on paper are true for both pumps, what advantage do you get by buying the RD30 over the Laing D5, performance wise, if according to the specs the RD30 has 1m less of max head, same max flow rate and outputs more heat dump?

Is it that the stronger motor of the RD30 can get much closer to its nominal specs? If so, what about the potential extra 16W of heat dump? Does it make up for it in raw power so that it's actually worth getting over the Laing D5 (I'm using the Laing D5 as an example because of its similar specs).

Grinch
05-09-2007, 06:32 PM
I would/did take petra's pump over the D5 for the head pressure alone..

Makubex_GB
05-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I would/did take petra's pump over the D5 for the head pressure alone..

Yes, the DDC with Petra top is king. As I said, I used the D5 as an example because of its similar specs to the RD30.

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I have a question, assuming the specs on paper are true for both pumps, what advantage do you get by buying the RD30 over the Laing D5, performance wise, if according to the specs the RD30 has 1m less of max head, same max flow rate and outputs more heat dump?

Is it that the stronger motor of the RD30 can get much closer to its nominal specs? If so, what about the potential extra 16W of heat dump? Does it make up for it in raw power so that it's actually worth getting over the Laing D5 (I'm using the Laing D5 as an example because of its similar specs).

im sorry but where are you getting your numbers?

a D5 put out as much as a RD-30?? did you not see how much larger the impeller changer is alone on my pictures?

Laing D5 Specs:
Size: 90x90x90mm
• Pump Speed: 1,500 LPH (Variable)
• Max Temp: 60° C
• Delivery head: 3.7m• Power Consumption: 23W
• Voltage: 12V 4Pin Molex
• Compact size allows installation almost anywhere in the case

IWAKI RD-30
0.71" X 0.71"
(18mm x 18mm)
5.3 GPM (20 LPM)
33 FT (10m)
2.86 LB (1.3 kg)

So where did you get that the D5 has more head??

Jedda
05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Damn, I always seem to buy the week before the good stuff comes in!
Ah well, I could do with another pen. My wife wants one to use with her 'puter.

That RD-30 is one muscular pump. Steroids?
I'll be interested in the feedback on it.

IanY,
Roger that!
Joe WC spends a few large with a supplier, they should look after him. Period! None of this small print, ten seconds out of warranty stuff.
I would've expected them to swap the rad, if only to get it into their hands and back to Thermochill. When a market leading product busts a gut it's bad news and time to put Dlck Tracy on the job.

Jedda
05-09-2007, 07:35 PM
This is REALY too much!
The line dancing fruit come out for abreiviating "Richard"???
:banana::banana::banana::banana:-Tracy is not a dirty word.
I can say "crap" or "merde" but not ":banana::banana::banana::banana:" Is it only American slang that's censored?
I know there's unspoilt minds to be protected on this site but injecting fruit salad rhumba into everything I post just distorts it's meaning.
I find the fruit quite offensive and their pelvic-thrust dance inappropriate for the youthful readership they are claimed to protect.
They also are a constant stimulus for OT post.
Junk the fruit.

Makubex_GB
05-09-2007, 07:45 PM
im sorry but where are you getting your numbers?

a D5 put out as much as a RD-30?? did you not see how much larger the impeller changer is alone on my pictures?

Laing D5 Specs:
Size: 90x90x90mm
• Pump Speed: 1,500 LPH (Variable)
• Max Temp: 60° C
• Delivery head: 3.7m• Power Consumption: 23W
• Voltage: 12V 4Pin Molex
• Compact size allows installation almost anywhere in the case

IWAKI RD-30
0.71" X 0.71"
(18mm x 18mm)
5.3 GPM (20 LPM)
33 FT (10m)
2.86 LB (1.3 kg)

So where did you get that the D5 has more head??

Oh, I knew something was wrong. I confused the Laing D5 specs, I thought it said 11m instead of 11 feet, lol. That's a relief. I just couldn't get how that huge pump could have a lower max head. :p:

Hard H20
05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
I've emailed MM's, got a one line reply over 30 days no RMA.

I've emailed Thermochill and their US distributor Danger Den, no reply from either. So I said Fcuk it an ordered another PA120.3 from Jab-Tech. I will sell the replacement whenever the RMA is completed.

I don't have time to play the hurry up and wait RMA game right now. This is the month of May and we're trying to school some youngens on WCG. :p:

Marci, how bout an assist from your end. I know you're a busy man, when you have time please check the Thermochill email, and advise how I should proceed.

Thanks!

NaeKuh
05-09-2007, 08:43 PM
This is REALY too much!
I can say "crap" or "merde" but not ":banana::banana::banana::banana:" Is it only American slang that's censored?
I know there's unspoilt minds to be protected on this site but injecting fruit salad rhumba into everything I post just distorts it's meaning.
I find the fruit quite offensive and their pelvic-thrust dance inappropriate for the youthful readership they are claimed to protect.
Junk the fruit.

ahahaha try c0ckaroach

MaxxxRacer
05-09-2007, 11:14 PM
This is REALY too much!
Junk the fruit.

I fixed your post for you. Now stop whinning and get back to posting ;) :banana:

Quazi
05-10-2007, 01:36 AM
I guess policy is policy. No RMA's after 30-days. Looks like they could make an exception for a customer that spends a couple grand with them in one order.

epion2985
05-10-2007, 02:26 AM
My dealing with MM was rather poor as well. They took their time answering emails and stopped for a while. Good product but bad support and communication.

Movieman
05-10-2007, 03:11 AM
I take my business to companies that value those who promote their existence.

They can take their crappy paintwork and put it where the moon don't shine.

And if Thermochill does not honor an exchange via their US distributor... cough cough DD cough... and issue trade credit for supporting their US customers, they can keep their Thermochills as well. I'll just use Swiftech MCRs.

We spend too much money to take this crap from manufacturers.. and we have the ultimate power.. its called the Visa/MC.
I agree with you 100% on this.
I just purchased my first water cooling part. Bought it from Petra's even though they were a little more money and further away than the other seller.
Why? What I hear about them here and the fact that the owner stops in here is a plus.
I don't mind the extra $5.00 at all.
Good business and good people cost money.
Oh, and I did get a Petra's pen but thats making a very long trip to a friend that wants one very bad.;)

JeffnWV
05-10-2007, 03:24 AM

lol..you're too funny alex :D

IanY
05-10-2007, 03:25 AM
I told you that should should have bought a ThermalTake kit. That way you can just drive down to Radio Shack for an exchange !!

I've emailed MM's, got a one line reply over 30 days no RMA.

I've emailed Thermochill and their US distributor Danger Den, no reply from either. So I said Fcuk it an ordered another PA120.3 from Jab-Tech. I will sell the replacement whenever the RMA is completed.

I don't have time to play the hurry up and wait RMA game right now. This is the month of May and we're trying to school some youngens on WCG. :p:

Marci, how bout an assist from your end. I know you're a busy man, when you have time please check the Thermochill email, and advise how I should proceed.

Thanks!

JeffnWV
05-10-2007, 03:26 AM
I guess policy is policy. No RMA's after 30-days. Looks like they could make an exception for a customer that spends a couple grand with them in one order.

I hate that krap! 30 day warrenties...it's like having your transmission done at a place that offers a 30 day 500 mile warrenty. Cheap quality assurance.

I'll never buy from MM

_G_
05-11-2007, 08:13 PM
back on topic, ups dropped off a 4lbs package today:D
thanks Naekuh for the info:toast:

SiGfever
05-12-2007, 05:37 AM
Well it got dropped off. However , i dont think i'll be able to drop it inside my rig until next month. More like, i think XSTM will most likely come over my house and personally steal it if i try to work on my main system.

On the other hand. XSTA will probably be saying. STOP DROP AND FLY?

Don't worry, just pull EVERYTHING apart, take your time cleaning and prepping the rig and be very cautious while re-assembling. Heck, maybe you should leak check for at least one-two weeks just to be sure that you don't have a damaged rad. :fact: :D

NaeKuh
05-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Don't worry, just pull EVERYTHING apart, take your time cleaning and prepping the rig and be very cautious while re-assembling. Heck, maybe you should leak check for at least one-two weeks just to be sure that you don't have a damaged rad. :fact: :D

i dont think you guys are fully understanding my pain.

So i took pictures of everything. All thats holding me back right now is the fact that XSTA is kicking out butt.

Sorry guys, the build pictures will most likely come NEXT month. Any complaints can be directed at NJKID, for having such an awesome team. :toast:

But here FEEL MY PAIN WITH ME!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0666.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0667.jpg

+ everything currently in my main rig.

You guys hurtin now huh?

IanY
05-12-2007, 01:44 PM

So i took pictures of everything. All thats holding me back right now is the fact that XSTA is kicking out butt.

Sorry guys, the build pictures will most likely come NEXT month. Any complaints can be directed at NJKID, for having such an awesome team. :toast:

You guys hurtin now huh?

Its just too bad that I'm one rig too slow and one month too late. Yes, I'm going to be much more broke now as well lol :)

ShoNuff
05-12-2007, 03:41 PM
NaeKuh...congrats on the new gear. You are going to love the case.

I've always been tempted by the RD-30. My only concern is noise. I'm looking forward to your feedback when you get that puppy hooked up.

Congrats again! :clap:

SiGfever
05-12-2007, 04:20 PM

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0666.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0667.jpg

+ everything currently in my main rig.

You guys hurtin now huh?
Oh I do feel your pain, Daddy got new toys and can't play. :(

XSTM won't mind you being off-line for two weeks. :D :D