PDA

View Full Version : Presure (manometer) gauge range?

Pete
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm looking at some new presure gauges for my rig. 63mm's to be correct. I can get one like the one below for 0-15psi

http://i3.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/98/b4/83f1_1_sbol.JPG

Now my current setup with a Storm REV1, masterclear hose, Theromchill PA120.3 and a DDC 3.2 10w modded to 18w with the blue impler with 12mm inlet and the lastest revision on Petras top gives me 4.5 PSI.

I spoken to a local place that do the gauges, they siad following...

For water at the pressure you are looking at a 15 psi ranged gauge is best.

For your information the lowest pressure for gasses we can go down to is 1" water (0.036 psi)

Just for them wandering, the presure i am reading off my pump currently then means i have a head height of 10.41 Feet or 3.17 Meters. Intresting....i think!

Anyway, so what range is best to use...0-15psi or soemthing less?

There only for show but need to look good

jabski
05-09-2007, 11:49 AM
have you decided the layout of the gauges yet Pete ??

Pete
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah yeah i had for the 40mm's but 63mm's i will have over the drive bays as boxing it all in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/corsapete/IMG_0463.jpg

There is the idea with the LCD's too

serialk11r
05-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Well the DDC+'s max pressure is only 8psi, and the pressure in your loop will be something like 5 psi so I guess 15psi is about right.

Pete
05-10-2007, 01:23 AM
so one inline pressure gauge and inline water temp per loop @ 6 loops?

thats totally xtreme sick

Yeah mean thats right! Glad someones with it around here!

Well the DDC+'s max pressure is only 8psi, and the pressure in your loop will be something like 5 psi so I guess 15psi is about right.

Well i'm only testing a Storm which is the most restictive block going right. So all the other my being less means my presure will be down and lower...?

I duno i feel the gauge be better if it was 10psi as it'll show better, more movement etc

Petra
05-10-2007, 08:41 AM

The stock 18W DDC-2 tops out at 8.7psig and the stock 18W DDC-3.2 can't seem to do better than about 6psig.

Anyway, yeah, the 0-15psig range would likely be the most practical choice because it's easy to find gauges in that scale and they're pretty versatile, so far as it applies to PC water cooling (heck, you could even test the static head of an RD-30 with it :rolleyes: ). Though, since versatility likely won't mean as much to you as to me, 0-10psig would be good because you'd probably be putting the needle within the middle third of the gauge's range (which, depending on the grade of the gauge, is usually the most accurate section of the scale).

Pete
05-10-2007, 02:01 PM
The stock 18W DDC-2 tops out at 8.7psig and the stock 18W DDC-3.2 can't seem to do better than about 6psig.

Anyway, yeah, the 0-15psig range would likely be the most practical choice because it's easy to find gauges in that scale and they're pretty versatile, so far as it applies to PC water cooling (heck, you could even test the static head of an RD-30 with it :rolleyes: ). Though, since versatility likely won't mean as much to you as to me, 0-10psig would be good because you'd probably be putting the needle within the middle third of the gauge's range (which, depending on the grade of the gauge, is usually the most accurate section of the scale).

Okay cheers for that Alex. I'll give them a mail now and ask about the 0-10psi ones. Glad you were thinking of what i was in regards to where the needle will be in the gauge when in use