PDA

View Full Version : DDC pumps.

sbrehm72255
05-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Seeing a Petra hasn't seen/answered my question up in the pump thread, I figured I'd start a thread on this. .............:eek:

Pretty simple question really, I've got a few DDC pumps that are a bit different than most others folks here have, all I want to know is if Petra's top will work propely on these. I know that I'll have to get longer screws and I already modded the power connector to work on standard PC's and tested them and they work fine, I just want to install Petra's top and install them in my rig.

Hard H20
05-08-2007, 06:44 AM
I don't have any experience with the pump you have shown so I won't speculate as to whether or not Petra's top are compatible. The reason for my reply is I remember a post not long ago about knock-off DDC's with very questionable performance / reliabilty issues. I would suggest you do more research before putting this pump in your system as it might be one of the knock-off's. Look before you leap for your hardwares sake.

I'm sure that someone saved the link with the knock-off info, guys??????

sbrehm72255
05-08-2007, 06:48 AM
I know for certain that they're 100% DDC......so no worries about that..............;) They were a gift from a contact I have in the pump industry.

Hard H20
05-08-2007, 06:52 AM
I know for certain that they're 100% DDC......so no worries about that..............;) They were a gift from a contact I have in the pump industry.

OK, good deal.

sbrehm72255
05-08-2007, 07:04 AM
OK, good deal.

Both my daughters live and go to school over in Germay and live in the next village over from the main HQ'ers of the Laing..........:D

It helps to have a daughter that's of dating age and is going to school to be a engineer..........:banana:

SkItZo
05-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Looks very similar to the Laning DDC2 pump i just got from petrastech. I dont think you would have a problem fitting their top to it. But dont quote me.

Sparky
05-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Why is that thing so tall?

Take the top off and show us pics of the inside plz, that way we'll be able to tell if Petra's top will work with it. The top on there looks like the standard top so I don't see why it shouldn't work but it would be better to check.

sbrehm72255
05-08-2007, 07:30 AM
The bottom of the pump has a spring loaded rubber vibration compinsator built into it (at least that's what it looks like to me from my 20 years as a helicopter mechanic). The only big differance I can see on the insides is that there are several different types of impellers installed in them. The red impeller with a large inlet and the other with white impellers with a much smaller inlet. Other than that, they seem pretty much the same.

septim
05-08-2007, 07:31 AM
tall would usually mean needing longer screws...
if its standard size top, then Petra's top should work too...

a ddc on high heels?

[XC] DragonOrta
05-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Can you show us a pic of the bottom and a side view with the top and the vibration dampener taken off?

septim
05-08-2007, 07:39 AM
2 impellers? some mug shots would be nice...

sbrehm72255
05-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Here's a few of the other type, it even has a replaceable bearing....:D

Petra
05-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Judging from the photos, yeah, the DDCT-01s top should work fine... you'll probably need longer screws, though (M4).

BTW, those springs and diaphragm in the base of that DDC are part of a volume compensation system, not vibration (note the slit on the bearing shaft).

Fiber9
05-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Apple G5 used the DDC pumps (10w version) with a volume compensator if I'm not wrong.

sbrehm72255
05-08-2007, 10:36 AM
They could come from a Mac, but these are all 18w versions, some have the slit on the bearing, some not. As far as I know, these could also be proto types for that funky chilled Dell for all I know, last I heard, they were using DDC pumps as well.
As long as they work and they're free, who cares.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_710h2c?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab

Sparky
05-08-2007, 02:42 PM
They could come from a Mac, but these are all 18w versions, some have the slit on the bearing, some not. As far as I know, these could also be proto types for that funky chilled Dell for all I know, last I heard, they were using DDC pumps as well.
As long as they work and they're free, who cares.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsdt_710h2c?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab

OK looking at that it looks like you've got yourself a dell pump.

Cyprio
05-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Apple G5 used the DDC pumps (10w version) with a volume compensator if I'm not wrong.

Correct: http://www.systemcooling.com/swiftech_mcp350-03.html

http://www.systemcooling.com/images/reviews/LiquidCooling/Swiftech_MCP350/image7big.jpg

Looks like your DDCs.

sbrehm72255
05-09-2007, 05:02 AM
I was looking for that review from Lee, but I thought that the site was completely taken down sometime ago. SystemCooling is the site that got me deep into water cooling some years back. They are also the first site I ever wrote for.
Thanks for the info.

http://www.systemcooling.com/waterbox-01.html

Cyprio
05-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah, they stopped reviewing a while back which is a crying shame as they wrote up some of the most detailed reviews out there. I stumbled across that pic completely by chance today and remembered this thread. :)