PDA

View Full Version : Check out my Portfolio, tell me what you think!

jamiet757
05-07-2007, 05:08 AM
Check out my portfolio here:
My Portfolio (http://jamiet757.zenfolio.com)

Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks!

lowfat
05-07-2007, 10:32 AM
your link don't work, but if you copy and paste it works. good stuff, the butterfly is pretty awesome.

metro.cl
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
you have some pretty nice pictures

jamiet757
05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
funny story about the butterfly...It was actually one that I found on the side of the road that was hit by a car. It was dead, but it was really pretty and looked like it was alive, so I set it on a leaf and took some pictures. Haha sorry if that sounds morbid, but it was really only because it was beautiful

You guys can also buy prints if you like, either through them by clicking add to cart if you hover over the picture, or through me. I can do any size, 8x10 and smaller are very very high resolution, and I can do up to 36" x 48" on my plotter which is great quality also.

Magnj
05-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Some are pretty nice, some not so much.

Nephilim
05-21-2007, 07:08 AM
You have a very good eye, a bit of over/under exposure on a few shots and a few that could benefit from the rule of thirds but aside from that I really like a lot of the scenes and compositions.

The flower shots are very nice and sharp, could use a shallower depth of field to good effect in quite a few of those shots with a larger aperture. The black berries (not sure what they are) shot is a good example of this applied well.

Nice Bokeh on shot 42 of 96 in the flower section.

The S2 is still such a capable camera! Very sharp and clean.

dengyong
07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
You have a very good eye, a bit of over/under exposure on a few shots and a few that could benefit from the rule of thirds but aside from that I really like a lot of the scenes and compositions.

The flower shots are very nice and sharp, could use a shallower depth of field to good effect in quite a few of those shots with a larger aperture. The black berries (not sure what they are) shot is a good example of this applied well.

Nice Bokeh on shot 42 of 96 in the flower section.

The S2 is still such a capable camera! Very sharp and clean.

Polk berries.

phelan1777
07-30-2007, 07:19 PM
I liked some of them, not really one to speak on art, but I saw the trains and had to look, was a train freak as a kid, played with HO and N scale.

Aerou
07-31-2007, 03:00 PM
yes, some shots are nice and I like them, but to sum it up:

my feeling is that those pictures, not all, but most of them are nice views (nice colors, nice setting and so), but dont express much, arent much characteristic, dont tell a certain thought, feeling ...

Many of the shots have bad handling of exposure and contrast ... seem like badly handled by AUTO EXP ... try to manually correct in these situations

Try to think more a play with the photo ... focus on what you really want to achieve with the picture

I wish you much luck into the future :toast:

ineedaname
08-02-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm not a pro so I guess my opinion doesn't count for much but they look great to me.

Can't really tell the difference between really good work and great work tho.

rra
08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Nicice work there mate keep them comming:up:

brunormt
08-02-2007, 11:52 AM
I like the photos very much! They are very good.

So, can you tell what machines/s you used?