PDA

View Full Version : QUAD GT EZ-CMOS Switch Bad

japgar
05-04-2007, 04:04 AM
Just installed everything. The issue is:

Something is totally screwed up with either the post code display or the EZ-CMOS switch. For some reason it constantly wants to set (without me touching anything) to the enabled mode for the EZ-CMOS. On the post code display it will frequently flicker the C.C. That usually happens when I reset the computer, or go into the bios and make and save changes. Frequently while in the bios after saving changes, the C.C. will flicker on and the thing freezes completely. Now for the strange part. When the post code display goes wacky what I can do is, just lighly touch my finger to the switch on the EZ-CMOS button, without moving its position (rear I/O panel) and the post code display goes back to normal and displays the proper number sequence, I.E. the C.C. code goes away and whatever is normally displayed shows up. I have been able to load software, WINXP etc, but all hell breaks loose when I go into bios or restart the computer. I've tried manually remounting the onboard cmos jumper and also moving the switch back and forth, then back to default position, nothing seems to work.

Edit: actually it has displayed C.C. as I am typing this.

My system is:

E6600 (stock)
QuadGT BIOS is bone stock settings, updated to 1.1 bios and installed latest drives (i.e. quadgt link on this message board)

Also wanted to know if this would be harmful on the other components of my system, CPU RAM?

kiner
05-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Please check the clean cmos jumper and EZ-cmos. The right code of debug code is 0.0.

whodie
05-29-2007, 09:31 AM
I had the same problem with a board I received as an RMA replacement from Abit, something internal to the switch would cause it to not stay in position.

It REALLY pissed me off to get a defective replacement board, but that's another story.

No real fix for it other than RMA

coop
06-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Mine did the same thing. Try to move it back towards the middle without actually moving it from the right position. If mine is too far towards the right it will do the c.c.