PDA

View Full Version : Ocz memory, dead?

Infa
05-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi, now to the problem :)

i got hom this evening after beeng away from the computer 2 days.
I allways leave it on when i leave etc... and this time, i came back and saw that it had Freezed at boot.. oh ok i tought, Reset .... and DEAD
eehhrrr ..? soooo off, and Clearcmos, no go.

sooo, TRIED everything , Vga, out with sound, battery, changed CPU. STILL NADA! at this point i was goin crazy.. ARghhh hehe ..then i forgot the mem, soo plugged in another , and it posted directly ... ehh?!? can the mem just die by not doin anything? tried the 1 pair in diffrent slots, 1 at a time etc..
no go...hmm? then i had 1 of the other mems in, and turned off, and put one of the ocz's in again, in the final slot, ahh sweet IT WORKED...ummm..
TRIED to max out my 6300, its workin 100% at 515, 3.6ghz, soo i tried to push it to 530, and it DIED agaain, well..i tought i'll put in the other mem too, now that it is workin, and gaah, DEAD...ooout with one, NO GO, now it would never goooo tried each one in all slots, and diffrent places etc...

soooooo R I P ?

Ehh, read it trough..hehe..hope u get some of it! :)

andyOCZ
05-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi, please test each stick of RAM alone and let me know what happens.

Thank you

Infa
05-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Done that from the beginning...
as u know i were the one with the warranty thread...
and they were NOT broken.

they just were working soo bad on all my 3 MB i tested it on!

at first when i tought they were broken, the system didnt boot whatever i did...so i gave it up, then i tried it couple days later...just becouse :)

and it booted up? strange! started with 1 stick...ahh good, second, workin...
bios: 2.3vdimm and standard timings......getting bluescreens in win etc...sometimes error at bootup..daamn...whats wrong?

well i tried it and it wasnt broke, so i returned them with honor! and no fraud!
they were just not working well...

regards.

andyOCZ
05-09-2007, 04:44 PM
You have returned the memory for a new kit?

Infa
05-10-2007, 06:09 AM
No. I didnt do that. I choosed not to get another pair of OCZ.

andyOCZ
05-10-2007, 10:06 AM
OK, good luck!

Infa
05-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Thank you! maybe i will get them later....but not at this time :)