PDA

View Full Version : lightroom?

b0bd0le
05-03-2007, 01:48 AM
you guys use it? I have the demo/beta, it seems fairly tempting but it's also quite buggy. How does your workflow go?

Magnj
05-12-2007, 09:12 AM
I use it very much since I shoot in RAW. I offload my pictures from the card into dated folders. Then I open Lightroom and import the pictures from the folder and do whatever levels and things I need to do to the keepers. Save those as Full size Jpegs and crop/filter in PS CS2

stevecs
05-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Lightroom is good, but has a lot of room for improvement. The main problems I find with it is that it does not support 64bit (RGBI) files which is a royal pain (like most photographers I have numerous photographs pre-digital (film) that I also need to index. These photographs are captured as full ccd (raw) files RGBI so they can be scanned once and then tweaked/modified at leisure.

The other problem is that the plugin support for lightroom is different than photoshop. Many of the tools (noise ninja, ASF ROC/GEM/whatever you should be able to do right in LR opposed to having to launch photoshop).

All in all I actually am using Bridge more than LR at this point, just doesn't seem to have brought all the tools needed together, perhaps v2.0 will...