PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for a watercooling system

m1ke101
06-11-2003, 11:54 AM
I wanted to ask how much a good, quiet, watercooling system would cost. My fans have just been bugging me a lot and I wanted to know what parts I should go for.

Major
06-11-2003, 12:36 PM
m1ke101 welcome to Xtreme forums ! :)

If your looking for a quite system and not going to be doing heavy OCing the Koolance system works very well. Its a top notch case, very very quite, easy to maintain and asymble, and is reliable. The only downside is the lack of a upgrade path if your were to decide to do some serious OCing. You pretty much would have to start over.

If your going to be doing some serious OCing then I would suggest the following compontets.

Eheim or Hydor pump
Dtek heater core
Swiftech water blocks

You can put a very nice system together for $200-$400 dollars, there are some pretty decent kits availbale too. but you can put a much better system together from scratch and same money too vs most kits.

I would spend some time reading the posts here, there are alot of projects going on here that you can borrow ideas from.

Good luck !

PimpJack
06-11-2003, 05:53 PM
If money is not a major issue, go to www.cooltechnica.com and get their complet case+h20 system. It looks damn good and is all top notch. The LRWW waterblock they have is also the best on the market.

As far as the Koolance I second what major said. Its quiet, effective, and will let u do a mild v-core increase if u don't cool the gfx. I had my 1.8p4@2.4 1.65v with a Koolance system and it kept cool and the near silent low fan speed setting.

m1ke101
06-11-2003, 06:48 PM
degree wise, how cool will this keep my 1700+? I have it overclocked to 2.3ghz right now @ 1.7vcore, it stays around 43c idle and about 49-50c under load with my sk-6+.

antipop
06-11-2003, 11:21 PM
You can start by only cooling the cpu, i did it last year and that cost me $200 everything include, i bought all my parts from DD ut you can also buy swiftech or better the LRWW

m1ke101
06-23-2003, 12:51 PM
is there a guide somewhere telling all the different kinds of parts I'll need?

KnightElite
06-23-2003, 01:29 PM
You will need the following:
One CPU waterblock
Tubing
Pump
Radiator
Reservoir or T joint (some way to bleed air out of the system)
Hose Clamps

antipop
06-23-2003, 01:44 PM
Just use google, the search button here and in the end if you still have questions just ask us :)