PDA

View Full Version : Koolance DDC Top

migueld
04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
I've never seen this one mention ever, so it was a surprise. This one surely wins for the industrial looks, and it's the smallest top I've seen. I wonder how it compares in performance and noise with alphacool and petra's?

BTW, the nickle-plated aluminum looks pretty rock-solid, maybe Swiftech isn't that far off with their alu gtx top. It's worth a try eh? :stick:

http://www.koolance.com/shop/images/more/cov-pmp01p_p1.jpg

Petra
04-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Considering that thread from a while ago (last week?) about huge chunks of Koolance's plating peeling off of their new CPU block, I don't have much faith in that top's plating. That said, from their other photos, I can see some design tidbits that are...less than, less than ideal? Anyway, I ended up putting myself on the "auto-notify" list for one just because I'm curious. If I end up getting one, then I'll post something about it eventually... just like I do with most of the stuff that I get a chance to fiddle with. :rolleyes:

Grinch
04-24-2007, 09:31 PM
yeah man don't worry about that top...
how bout some rd30's?
any updates?

grudgelord
04-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I can see some design tidbits that are...less than, less than ideal?

I'd be interested in your observations as I'm wondering if you are seeing the same things that I think I'm seeing.

virtualrain
04-24-2007, 10:39 PM
It looks like the outlet channel might be too big to generate decent head. Most certainly the dual top/side exit will cause turbulance that will hurt flow, especially since the plugs don't fill the unused channel. The flow out the top outlet must be horrid.