PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Modification

Shaz
04-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Now, I have a modchiped Xbox with the Xecuter2 BIOS installed, I am starting to get bored with the standard drive and am wondering, in somewhat plain english, the easiest way to swap in a much larger drive.

jabski
04-22-2007, 11:32 PM
here if your using evox http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/hdd-install2.php

ahmad
04-23-2007, 12:56 AM
The only thing you need is Slayers Evox AutoInstaller. You have to do absolutely no work besides set your new HD jumper to cable select and you are good to go. Don't dump the old HD, just make sure you unlock it before you remove it so it doesn't become useless.

Shaz
04-23-2007, 05:11 AM
So I can just use my SlaYers CD like I did with the original drive? Easy enough, then just use FTP to put my original dash and backups back on.

Lestat
04-23-2007, 06:51 PM
yes slayers will work
i prefer AiD Auto Installer Deluxe.

turn off the unit, install the drive turn it on and quickly throw in Slayers or AID.

AID will automatically see you have anew hard drive and ask if youw ant to format it.
tell it yes. if its over 120gigs i suggest chosen to format the G drive.

once thats done, do to the menu and choose to install a dashboard to the C drive and install Evox w/ DHCP otherwise you wont be able to get into it via FTP because they are retarded and don't use the standard 192.168.x.x ip address they use some totally retarded Static IP, so choose DHCP.

once thats installed you can chose to isntall other items on the E drive.

all applications go ont he E drive unless you want it on the F or G drive.

considering you have a modded unit im rather shocked this is coming up.

you must have purchased it modded and never worried about installing a larger drive

once your larger drive is installed you can start using DVD2Xbox and start copying all your games to your hard drive and never worry about Disks again!
all your games are on the hard drive.
movies also for Xbox Media Center.
which is the cheapest and best mediacenter you will ever find.

i have one in the bedroom, one in the living room with a 250gig drive that has been full for ages, i am constantly deleting movies to make room for more.

install DVDX2 region free and dongle free dvd player also. (remote doesnt work with this either so you have to use the controller

i could sit for hours and talk about this but your best path to discovery is one you must walk alone.

Shaz
04-25-2007, 04:11 AM
I didn't buy it modded, but it was modded from day one. I basically bought it to chip. That way sounds so much easier than the whole hot swapping crap I'd have to go through.

ahmad
04-29-2007, 01:39 AM
If you know someone with a modded xbox, its easy (format with slayer, copy files via FTP, done).

If you don't, its also easy. All you do is softmod the box, transfer eeprom backups, dashboard, everything to PC, get xboxhdm, boot it in your PC, format your new HD to fatx etc. Use xplorer360 in windows and just transfer all your data back to the new HD, install.

On an mission impossible scale of 1-10, I gotta give it a 2.

Shaz
05-01-2007, 09:36 AM
So it's easiest to just chuck in SlaYers and install the dash? Don't I need a patch for +137GB