PDA

View Full Version : MCW30 "hardmount" coming soon

gabe
04-21-2007, 12:09 PM
The MCW30 "hardmount" hardware should be available next week.

The mounting system will be included at no extra charge with all MCW30's.

It works fantastic and really provides a perfectly sturdy mount which is no longer sensitive to lateral pressures caused by tubing. The spacers are threaded, leaving 2 permanent posts making it quite convenient for frequent install-uninstall.

EVGA owners need not be looking for a 4-point mount block for their NB any longer: this assembly is absolutely rock stable! On the SB the alternate mounting method also provides ample clearance for water-cooled 8800 GTX's without problems.

The hardware will also be available separately (for a few $) for those who want to upgrade.

I can't stress enough how pleased I am with this, any marketing hype aside.

Please don't ask me for further details or PM's just right now, I have too much to do already.. I just wanted to give you the good news.

MaxxxRacer
04-21-2007, 12:19 PM
looking good.

i take it, the standoffs are appropriately sized for all mobos so that we dont end up crushing the NB?

Also, does hte MCW30 include any of the foam squares so that the waterblock cant tip over?

NaeKuh
04-21-2007, 12:31 PM
OMG gabe! You realized that idea from my pics huh???

:D

gabe
04-21-2007, 12:32 PM
looking good.

i take it, the standoffs are appropriately sized for all mobos so that we dont end up crushing the NB?

Also, does hte MCW30 include any of the foam squares so that the waterblock cant tip over?

Temporary install guide posted. some editing still needed.
Read page 2:
http://www.swiftech.com/products/installation_guide_mcw30-hm.pdf

Can't tip the block over with this hard mount Maxx. Trust me, this thing is truly rock stable! Foam pads are not needed, but they are included with the spring mount pack anyways, since spring mount remains needed to accomodate IHS covered chipsets.

The "hardmount" is in addition to the existing hardware pack, not in replacement of.. courtesy yours truly :-)

I can't answer more questions just now. too much stuff to do. sorry.

MrToad
04-21-2007, 12:34 PM

It would be a nice feature, but you can get 1 side 1mm thick medium density foam easily. At least in the UK.

Bear in mind that every time you re-mount the block you should clean the TIM. And no matter how careful you are, you end up making a mess of the foam in the process.

MaxxxRacer
04-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the info Gabe.

JeffnWV
04-21-2007, 12:53 PM
I take it we gotta get this from swiftech? or will vendors send upgrade kits with new orders? I was gonna buy 1 or 2 of these chipset blocks monday...guess I need to wait a while

Aerou
04-21-2007, 01:04 PM
great news, at last a hardmount so I dont need to make one myself!

nealh
04-21-2007, 01:19 PM
so these stupid mobos with hooks(ala Badaxe2) cant have a hard mounting setup....crap

safan80
04-21-2007, 01:28 PM
edit: nevermind

The hardware will also be available separately (for a few $) for those who want to upgrade.

Polizei
04-21-2007, 02:16 PM
so these stupid mobos with hooks(ala Badaxe2) cant have a hard mounting setup....crap

I was about to prove you wrong and say my DFI Infinity 975X/G has holes around the NB, but, when I looked in, I was wrong. Damn hooks! :stick:

The SB has the holes though...wtf? :stick:

Mekrel
04-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Cool,

Thanks for the info.

Got to admit, hand it to Swiftech when it comes to wide support.

8800 Backplate, also a back plate coming for bowed waterblocks, and now a new mount for MCW30.

Keep up the good work :)

nealh
04-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I was about to prove you wrong and say my DFI Infinity 975X/G has holes around the NB, but, when I looked in, I was wrong. Damn hooks! :stick:

The SB has the holes though...wtf? :stick:

I wish he had developed a system like there is on the microcool whisper xe block for hook mounting...using a post with spring and thumbscrew...

I never thought much about the hooks but what a stupid idea ..it so limiting

BTW: the MCW is now absolutely the best choice universal NB block...I love swiftech

jabski
04-21-2007, 04:30 PM
nice. Will be ordering the upgrade once out :)

Lurid
04-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Yep, same here. I'll now need to purchase the upgrade ;P

IanY
04-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Bravo !! Its time !!:cheer:

grudgelord
04-21-2007, 08:05 PM
The MCW30 "hardmount" hardware should be available next week.

The mounting system will be included at no extra charge with all MCW30's.

Awwww rats!! And I just ordered one this week. I knew I should have waited.

commie
04-22-2007, 06:23 AM
That's great gabe but it doesn't solve the problem I had getting a secure mount for two mcw30s on the north and south bridges of my Asus P5N32-E SLI (this will apply to the Striker Extreme and P5N32-E SLI Plus as well)

The problems is caused by the mcw30 mounting brackets fouling capacitors on the motherboard. Here's a rough graphic to illustrate the problem

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.gorman/mcw30.jpg

(The problem capacitors are marked by the evil smilies)

In order to mount the mcw30s at all it's necessary to rotate them to avoid fouling the capacitors.

However, although the mounting hole centre pitch in the mobo stays at 53mm, by rotating the mcw30s this increases the distance between where you can attach them on the mounting brackets to about 56mm.

So the mounting bolts now have to be flared outwards to accomodate this and as a consequence are not perpendicular to the plane of the mobo, but at an angle to the perpendicular.

This in turn means that the mcw30s are not mounted completely squarely and securely onto the chipsets and are vulnerable to lateral forces from the tubing.

The fixed threaded mounting posts will not help this situation at all, in fact they may make it impossible to attach the mcw30s to this type of mobo because these posts will be perfectly perpendicular at 53mm apart.

If you could offer mounting brackets with about half of the mounting hole centre pitch range, say 53mm - 56mm rather than 53mm - 60mm, thereby reducing the distance that the mounting bracket lugs stick out sideways, this would fix the capacitor fouling problem and allow owners of this type of mobo to mount their mcw30s squarely and securely.

Hope this makes sense to you.

phelan1777
04-22-2007, 07:20 AM
grrrrr where was this a month ago?

gabe
04-23-2007, 04:49 PM
That's great gabe but it doesn't solve the problem I had getting a secure mount for two mcw30s on the north and south bridges of my Asus P5N32-E SLI (this will apply to the Striker Extreme and P5N32-E SLI Plus as well)

The problems is caused by the mcw30 mounting brackets fouling capacitors on the motherboard. Here's a rough graphic to illustrate the problem

We have .120" thick spacers that can mount between the bracket and the body, effectively raising the brackets by .120". This will provide ample clearance for the caps. Raising kit would include 6 spacers, 4 for the brackets and 2 more to stack with the hardmount spacers, as well as 4 longer screws. You can also DIY this by procuring nylon spacers 240 OD x 125 ID x 120 Height, and 4 1/2" 4-40 socket screws.

gabe
04-23-2007, 04:58 PM
grrrrr where was this a month ago?

It was in my subconscious mind, getting ready to pop out ;)

here are some real life pics of the assembly on the EVGA board:

also: couple extra days delay I just found out. vendor needs to die the nylon black per our specs :-(

[cTx] Nooc
04-23-2007, 05:00 PM
he he pictured with stock swiftech barbs, oh those horrid stock barbs :)

V I P E R
04-23-2007, 11:29 PM
What abouth the chipsets with hooks like 975. I brought one MCW30 a few months ago but the mounting was a nightmare and I sold the block.

virtualrain
04-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah, the new DFI 680i has these damn loops as well. You will need to use a DD block like this (RD600 board shown)...

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5599/miniimg06133tw.jpg

Link to DD Block (http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=262&cat=46&page=1)

It's quite possible that those style of hooks with thumbscrews might actually fit through the mounting slots on a MCW30... it would be nice to see Swiftech offer something like this or better.

NaeKuh
04-24-2007, 09:27 AM

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.gorman/mcw30.jpg

(The problem capacitors are marked by the evil smilies)

In order to mount the mcw30s at all it's necessary to rotate them to avoid fouling the capacitors.

However, although the mounting hole centre pitch in the mobo stays at 53mm, by rotating the mcw30s this increases the distance between where you can attach them on the mounting brackets to about 56mm.

So the mounting bolts now have to be flared outwards to accomodate this and as a consequence are not perpendicular to the plane of the mobo, but at an angle to the perpendicular.

This in turn means that the mcw30s are not mounted completely squarely and securely onto the chipsets and are vulnerable to lateral forces from the tubing.

The fixed threaded mounting posts will not help this situation at all, in fact they may make it impossible to attach the mcw30s to this type of mobo because these posts will be perfectly perpendicular at 53mm apart.

If you could offer mounting brackets with about half of the mounting hole centre pitch range, say 53mm - 56mm rather than 53mm - 60mm, thereby reducing the distance that the mounting bracket lugs stick out sideways, this would fix the capacitor fouling problem and allow owners of this type of mobo to mount their mcw30s squarely and securely.

Hope this makes sense to you.

i think this problem is only on the asus.

I didnt run into any cap problem on my evga.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0592.jpg

Infact this is the picture i showed gabe, when he got his spark.

the top screw is mounted flush with nut at bottom. The bottom one is regular mounted special way. I realized by having one mount hard mounted, its easier to mount the block because you only have 1 moving corner now.

Also i +1 the DD maze4 on the NB. I also had absolutely no issues... well minus 1 resistor on the corner, but a spacer was all it needed.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0565.jpg

and hehe brass nuts own. :D
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0588.jpg

commie
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
We have .120" thick spacers that can mount between the bracket and the body, effectively raising the brackets by .120". This will provide ample clearance for the caps. Raising kit would include 6 spacers, 4 for the brackets and 2 more to stack with the hardmount spacers, as well as 4 longer screws. You can also DIY this by procuring nylon spacers 240 OD x 125 ID x 120 Height, and 4 1/2" 4-40 socket screws.

Sounds good to me.

Will this be included in the new hardmount kit or is a separate purchase required? And if so what is the mcw30 spacers-and-screws kit called?

As I live in the UK the chances of buying anything like this over here are remote BTW so I may have to go grovelling for favours from Michelle again....:worship:

gabe
04-24-2007, 03:27 PM
It's quite possible that those style of hooks with thumbscrews might actually fit through the mounting slots on a MCW30... it would be nice to see Swiftech offer something like this or better.

this is no good. we tried in the past with the MCW20 (http://www.swiftech.com/assets/images/products/MCW20/MCW20-P-266X413.jpg). These systems tend to breaks the hooks, specially with Xtreme users trying to tighten these to death :mad: ... that's why we went to wire clips instead.

problem became so common that Joe (overclockers.com) even wrote a "how to fix broken motherboard loops" guide..(http://www.overclockers.com/tips1180/)

so don't expect us to go that route again.

virtualrain
04-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I've not tried the wire clips... but I suspect they would not hold such a small block stable with 1/2" tubing. Perhaps a bigger base to the block with shims and stronger wire clips might make this solution better? But that's a whole new block design.

Gabe, are you guys going to have anything to address this or are you just throwing in the towel on this market segment and hoping that it doesn't get used any more?

Alternatively, can you offer those hooks for those that might want to try this with an MCW-30?

JeffnWV
04-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Gabe,
Will the mounting bolts be the same as the current blocks' hardware?

I have 2 of these blocks on order and want to get them in the loop and wondered if I can just swap out parts on the inside of the mobo and not have to take it (the motherboard) out again.

nealh
04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
i think this problem is only on the asus.

I didnt run into any cap problem on my evga.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0592.jpg

Infact this is the picture i showed gabe, when he got his spark.

the top screw is mounted flush with nut at bottom. The bottom one is regular mounted special way. I realized by having one mount hard mounted, its easier to mount the block because you only have 1 moving corner now.

Also i +1 the DD maze4 on the NB. I also had absolutely no issues... well minus 1 resistor on the corner, but a spacer was all it needed.
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0565.jpg

and hehe brass nuts own. :D
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/IMG_0588.jpg

OT:
how well does the crab cooler work on the ram? I cut one up a couple yrs back to cool the PMWIC on my DFI SLI DR..very quite

NaeKuh
04-24-2007, 06:47 PM
it works fairly well. B4 the rams hs, would get very warm to the touch.

with the crab cooler, its just a tad bit warm. The LED's are kinda annoying tho. i killed the top 2 antena led's i cant kill the internal fan one.

gabe
04-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Gabe,
Will the mounting bolts be the same as the current blocks' hardware?

I have 2 of these blocks on order and want to get them in the loop and wondered if I can just swap out parts on the inside of the mobo and not have to take it (the motherboard) out again.

You just re-use the nylon thumb nuts for a top mount (Northbridge style installation). You can also re-use the existing posts but you will need to remove the 4-40 counter-nuts, and install the threaded nylon spacers coming with the hardmount hardware instead. You need to remove the motherboard for a bottom-mount - meaning counter-nuts fastened to the back of the motherboard (Southbridge).

The hardmount hardware is now available and can be ordered online effective May 1st (also read "Upgrade path" below). The brackets "raising kit" is also available separately; see discussion with naekuh above on this subject matter.

HARDMOUNT HARDWARE UPGRADE PATH (USA ONLY):

1/ MCW30 Purchased within last 30 days:
From May 1st and until May 31st, 2007 anyone who purchased an MCW30 with an invoice dated from April 1st to April 30th, 2007 will receive the harmount hardware for free (by mail). Simply email copy of your original invoice to Michelle@swiftech.com as well as your mailing address.

2/ MCW30 purchased earlier than April 1st:
From May 1st and until May 31st, 2007 customers who bought an MCW30 prior to April 1st, 2007 only need to pay for postage, and we will send the hardmount hardware for free. Simply send a self-addressed stamped (52cents) enveloppe to:
Swiftech
C/O Michelle - MCW30 upgrade
3700 Industry ave., suite 104
Lakewood, CA 90712

HARDMOUNT HARDWARE UPGRADE PATH (OTHER THAN USA)
Upgrade kits are being sent to participating dealers worldwide. Shipping and upgrade policies are left at the liberty of the local dealers. If your local dealer does not participate in the upgrade program, Swiftech will mail you the hardware for a nominal postage fee of $5.00

Since we are of the subject of the MCW30, I also wanted to pass on an effective technique to use that block for both NB and SB, using our "F" fittings. Since there is no need for much flow to cool these chipsets effectively, it is possible to use the "F" fittings utilizing 1/4" (ID) tubing as shown in the picture below. This will preserve high-flow in your 1/2" line, with the added benefit of reducing clutter in your sytem, as shown in the images below. Also notice how well the MCW30 fits on the EVGA Southdridge with an 8800 GTX installed.

Enjoy! ;)

nealh
04-28-2007, 03:54 PM
You just re-use the nylon thumb nuts for a top mount (Northbridge style installation). You can also re-use the existing posts but you will need to remove the 4-40 counter-nuts, and install the threaded nylon spacers coming with the hardmount hardware instead. You need to remove the motherboard for a bottom-mount - meaning counter-nuts fastened to the back of the motherboard (Southbridge).

The hardmount hardware is now available and can be ordered online effective May 1st (also read "Upgrade path" below). The brackets "raising kit" is also available separately; see discussion with naekuh above on this subject matter.

From May 1st and until May 31st, 2007 anyone who purchased an MCW30 with an invoice dated from April 1st to April 30th, 2007 will receive the harmount hardware for free (by mail). Simply email copy of your original invoice to Michelle@swiftech.com as well as your mailing address.

From May 1st and until May 31st, 2007 customers who bought an MCW30 prior to April 1st, 2007 only need to pay for postage, and we will send the hardmount hardware for free. Simply send a self-addressed stamped (52cents) enveloppe to:
Swiftech
Lakewood, CA 90712

Now this is customer service!!!!!

JeffnWV
04-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Gabe, can the screws be brought through from the back side of the mobo and fastened from inside? or are they held in place somehow with the threaded bushing? Are the SB stand off's screwed in from underneath with very short screws and then those same very short screws from the top hold the plate down (2 screws per standoff?)

I am asking to learn whether we can remove the MWC30's without having to take mobo's out each time? my SB screw is shortened by using a nut underneath

I just fab'd my own standoff's and am looking at Swiftechs...

commie
04-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Aaarghhhhh!!!!!!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58175&stc=1&d=1177804599

What's that GPU cooler called please, and when can I buy one? :eek: :eek: :eek:

gabe
04-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Gabe, can the screws be brought through from the back side of the mobo and fastened from inside? or are they held in place somehow with the threaded bushing?

The threaded standoffs bolt the posts in place onto the motherboard. You only have to remove the MOBO once, then you can install/uninstall the 30 twice a day if you want :-) ... BUT if you have a back mount (in other words if you fasten the block from the back of the motherboard) of course you will ALWAYS have to remove the MOBO if you want to uninstall the block. Only, the threaded standoffs are now attached to the MCW30 bracket instead of the motherboard posts. go to: http://www.swiftech.com/products/installation_guide_mcw30-hm.pdf the schematics are pretty clear I think.

JeffnWV
04-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Thx Man! :)

Edited: Looks like SB reinstallation still needs to be with the mobo out in order to get to the nuts. I'm wondering if the screws and nuts can be reversed so the nuts on SB can be put on from inside? is the nylon standoff on the SB threaded also and can lock the screw tight if it were reversed? and are the screws short enuff to clear the gfx card on evga mobo's?

JeffnWV
04-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Aaarghhhhh!!!!!!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58175&stc=1&d=1177804599

they sure make some sweet look'n stuff don't they!? :)

Looks alot like the Apogee GTX styling..mebe it's the Apogee GPX

gabe
04-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Thx Man! :)

Edited: Looks like SB reinstallation still needs to be with the mobo out in order to get to the nuts. I'm wondering if the screws and nuts can be reversed so the nuts on SB can be put on from inside? is the nylon standoff on the SB threaded also and can lock the screw tight if it were reversed? and are the screws short enuff to clear the gfx card on evga mobo's?

it is indeed possible to to use what I call the top mount on the SB also; we do include 4-40 nuts that have a lower profile than the 4-40 thumb nuts, and you could fasten the assembly with these nuts instead, but the screws will protrude just a little bit.

JeffnWV
04-28-2007, 05:19 PM
good deal. I like that threaded nylon spacer...and we could always use more washers on the back side of the mobo to shorten that protruding screw! ;)

Outstanding job Gabe! you makin' alot of happy campers!

gabe
04-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Aaarghhhhh!!!!!!

Stealth is the name
Hush hush is the game

Makubex_GB
04-28-2007, 05:26 PM
I've not tried the wire clips... but I suspect they would not hold such a small block stable with 1/2" tubing. Perhaps a bigger base to the block with shims and stronger wire clips might make this solution better? But that's a whole new block design.

Gabe, are you guys going to have anything to address this or are you just throwing in the towel on this market segment and hoping that it doesn't get used any more?

Alternatively, can you offer those hooks for those that might want to try this with an MCW-30?

This is the loop I had before. As you can see, the single wire clip was holding the block just fine. Temps were great, I had no contact issues. I suggest you try it.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/Makubex_GB/ce27bfed.jpg

ranker
04-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Stealth is the name
Hush hush is the game

I think I just exploded in my pants. That looks awesome. I'm curious if it's Alu plated as well ala the GTX? or did you guys decide to dodge the firestorm and use a diff material?

JeffnWV
04-28-2007, 05:41 PM
looks like sli will need elbows...

edit: I take that back...elbows would just run it into the back side of the other gfx card

hmmm...mebe a fixed "stealthy" and adjustable (for slot space) nickle plated copper pipe.

I wonder what they got cook'n?

MrToad
04-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Aaarghhhhh!!!!!!

Rephrasing...

A full cover block with MCW30 (or better? :D) performance?

When and where? (In other words, why there's not one already in the post for me? :p:)

ColonelCain
04-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Rephrasing...

A full cover block with MCW30 (or better? :D) performance?

I really hope that you guys somehow used something like an MCW30 for the core, then had it go to the ram.:slobber: That would yield some sick performance.

eXceeded
04-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Aaarghhhhh!!!!!!

I'm definitely getting the MCW30's now, I have held out far too long. I just need that gpu cooler for R600 please ;)

dinos22
04-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Nice VGA block Gabe :D

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-29-2007, 05:13 PM
the idea of full cover with much better execution !! instead of wasting precious flow to cool the ram (low heat anyway) it is just a big heatsink with the water focused on the GPU itself.... BRILLIANT !!!

dinos22
04-29-2007, 05:17 PM
they are starting to resemble D-tek look a little (hides under rock :D)

ranker
04-30-2007, 02:35 AM
they are starting to resemble D-tek look a little (hides under rock :D)

How is this anything remotely like a D-tek block? I own/and run a D-TEK Fuzion CPU block and 2 GFX blocks and they looking nothing like. If anything, this looks awesome. I just hate it that it's containing alu, (i'm guessing at this point, but its awefully similar to the GTX).

I'll consider purchasing it if it's what people have been speculating: A MCW60 to cool the core, with an attractive built in heatsink to cool the ram without dumping heat into the water loop. I just hope it's cheaper than the EK full cover blocks. If it isn't, they better guarantee future compatibility with the 8900 series and up.

JeffnWV
04-30-2007, 04:12 AM
MCW30 wouldn't cover the GPU IHS...But ima bet'n it'll perform superbly

grudgelord
04-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Stealth is the name
Hush hush is the game

Tease!

phcjpp
04-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Well I hope the stealth arrives in the next couple of weeks. 2 evga 8800GTX's on the way and need cooling for em :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Given I am evga 680i will get those NB/SB coolers too (along with the GTX of course).

Chris

redcorn
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Good job Gabe for designing those hard mounts for the north and south bridge blocks. I replaced my DD and Evercool fan for two MCW30 with the hard mounts and man what a difference. Those threaded washers really make the blocks stable. The South bridge hard mount was harder to work with but its also rock solid once bolted down. :toast: Both my temps for SB and NB on the EVGA 680i board are great.

If anyone is going to install these blocks I would use 7/16 ID with 5/8OD with 1/2 barbs for secure fit due to sharp bends. Even 3/8 tubing on 3/8 barbs would be good.

gabe
05-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Good job Gabe for designing those hard mounts for the north and south bridge blocks. I replaced my DD and Evercool fan for two MCW30 with the hard mounts and man what a difference. Those threaded washers really make the blocks stable. The South bridge hard mount was harder to work with but its also rock solid once bolted down. :toast: Both my temps for SB and NB on the EVGA 680i board are great.

If anyone is going to install these blocks I would use 7/16 ID with 5/8OD with 1/2 barbs for secure fit due to sharp bends. Even 3/8 tubing on 3/8 barbs would be good.

You should really give a try to the F fittings setup, they do work wonderful.

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-03-2007, 06:52 PM
oooh F fittings, they look great... do they reduce flow much?

JeffnWV
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
they're not very pretty, but they serve the purpose. I use them to run mem sink lines

serialk11r
05-03-2007, 06:57 PM
The stealth thing...is the whole base of the block covering the ram and stuff? :eek:

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-03-2007, 06:58 PM
i actually like the way they look, as long as you keep the small tubes short (:stick:) ...

i believe the block is a MCW-60 w/ heatsink wings for ram

JeffnWV
05-03-2007, 07:02 PM
stealth thingies definately eat up the extra pci slots eh?

redcorn
05-03-2007, 07:07 PM

You should really give a try to the F fittings setup, they do work wonderful.

Thats what those fittings are called!

Ill have to search for them online. Those fittings would have made life easier on the sharp bends and install of tubing. Nice picture you got there with all those blocks. :toast:

gabe
05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
oooh F fittings, they look great... do they reduce flow much?

You run the blocks in parallel. Flow restriction reduced to min..

IanY
05-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice products, Gabe.

You are making me very happy.

Cheers,
Ian

gabe
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Thats what those fittings are called!

Ill have to search for them online. Those fittings would have made life easier on the sharp bends and install of tubing. Nice picture you got there with all those blocks. :toast:

if you can't find them at dealers, theyr'e on our online store.

serialk11r
05-03-2007, 07:18 PM
i actually like the way they look, as long as you keep the small tubes short (:stick:) ...

i believe the block is a MCW-60 w/ heatsink wings for ram

Uh, you would want to throw the unimportant blocks onto the 1/4" and use as much of it as you can, to give the 3/8" outlet more flow.

JeffnWV
05-03-2007, 07:22 PM
3/8 outlet? barbs are 1/2"

serialk11r
05-03-2007, 07:23 PM
3/8 outlet? barbs are 1/2"

Hmmm last time I checked these F fittings were being advertised for use with the MCW60 and their ram watercooler thingy...it was 3/8" and 1/4". Maybe this one is different, dunno...

IanY
05-03-2007, 07:25 PM
The F-fittings split either (1) 1/2" into 1/2" and 1/4", or (2) 3/8" into 3/8" and 1/4". You're supposed to use 1/4" tubing and 1/4" barbs on the lesser blocks

JeffnWV
05-03-2007, 07:26 PM
yea I have 7/16 tygon on them and it's like pulling horse teeth to get it off....

serialk11r
05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
yea I have 7/16 tygon on them and it's like pulling horse teeth to get it off....

LOL when I was fooling around with them nylon barbs I like killed myself trying to get 3/8" tubing over the 1/2 inchers :D

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-03-2007, 07:29 PM
yeah but it works out perfectly for silently cooling things like chipset and mosfets that produce less heat and only need to be moderately cooled.

im thinking this:

2 loops:
D5 (what ive got)-->PA120.3-->
CPU--------------------------------|----->D5
\------------------------------------ /
.\-->chipset1-->chipset2--mosfets-->/

the 8800 on PA120.1 with DB-1 solo

JeffnWV
05-03-2007, 07:33 PM
yea I learned early to use some lubricant. Those swiftech fittings are the pits.
I swapped out all of the Swiftie waterblock fittings for DD high flow fittings even though they only have about 3 or 4 threads biting. That's why I made that customized socket.

serialk11r
05-03-2007, 07:34 PM
yeah but it works out perfectly for silently cooling things like chipset and mosfets that produce less heat and only need to be moderately cooled.

im thinking this:

2 loops:
D5 (what ive got)-->PA120.3-->
CPU--------------------------------|----->D5
\------------------------------------ /
.\-->chipset1-->chipset2--mosfets-->/

the 8800 on PA120.1 with DB-1 solo
YIKES 8800 on PA120.1 with DB-1 solo?????
Dude...that is scary, I wouldn't try that. I'd go, wye before radiators, one "branch" has the PA120.3, the other has the PA120.1, and the unimportant crap. Then join them with a wye and run it to the CPU, then GPU.

JeffnWV
05-03-2007, 07:37 PM
why not serial? I have cpu and 2 88's on db-1's in series and getting load temps of 44 at 3.7ghz...and that's thru a 120.3

sbrehm72255
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
The "F" fittings do work very well whn used on lesser blocks like memory and the like. I found them very easy to work with, but I don't use 7'16 tubing either............:eek:

IanY
05-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Those 7900 RamCools look good, Sbrehm

sbrehm72255
05-03-2007, 08:00 PM
They do what they were designed to do, they would be put to better use by someone with a volt modded video card though. ...........;)

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-03-2007, 08:08 PM
on a short unrestricted loop, the PA120.1 has more than enough capacity to handle a single 8800GTX with an MCW-60 (no full cover = more heat).

once again just look at TDP wattage.

JeffnWV
05-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Snipe? does your sig say you have your cpu voltage at 2.4 volts?

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
ughhhh yes, i typoed it and i have yet to fix ... :(

actually its 1.4

JeffnWV
05-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Snipe, what are you running your voltages at for:
1. FSB
2. nforce SSP
3. Nforce MCP
4. SPP<->MCP

and are you running linked and sync'd or..?

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-03-2007, 08:43 PM
unlinked,

(below taken directly from Nvidia monitor)

FSB = 1.4000
SPP-MCP = 1.45
PCI-E = 1.45
nForce = 1.600
AUX = 1.600

cant seem to tell one of the chipsets lol will update when i get a chance to check bios

serialk11r
05-03-2007, 08:47 PM
why not serial? I have cpu and 2 88's on db-1's in series and getting load temps of 44 at 3.7ghz...and that's thru a 120.3

120.1 cooling 8800??? I'd be pretty damn scared...high water temps.

gabe
05-04-2007, 09:26 AM
They do what they were designed to do, they would be put to better use by someone with a volt modded video card though. ...........;)

This is true indeed for all water-cooled ram solutions I must say.. Just cooling the Ram better than stock is not sufficient to get really good O/C at stock voltage these days :( but if you are advanced enough to make that voltage mod and provide proper cooling, then you can really fly!

ANP !!!
05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Great job man..

I have my CC in hand n ready to order :)..

btw i was thinking will this loop order do good ? (it contains 2x F-fitting)
here is a pic

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3647/untitledgf8.png (http://imageshack.us)

redcorn
05-04-2007, 09:51 AM
if you can't find them at dealers, theyr'e on our online store.

Your online store wont let me buy anything. The security page comes up saying its not secure then when you go to the end to pay the page says " you have not entered correct amount"

Ill try calling Michelle on the phone and placing the order that way.

gabe
05-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Your online store wont let me buy anything. The security page comes up saying its not secure then when you go to the end to pay the page says " you have not entered correct amount"

try by going through www.swiftnets.com instead of swiftech.com

ranker
05-04-2007, 11:10 AM

I had that problem when using Mozilla. i switched to IE for a sec and it worked.

sbrehm72255
05-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Jab-Tech carries the "F" fittings as well and they are currently listed as being in stock.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Misc-fittings-c-65.html

SNiiPE_DoGG
05-04-2007, 03:54 PM
120.1 cooling 8800??? I'd be pretty damn scared...high water temps.

with proper air flow the 120.1 can easily handle the single 8800.

although i may buy a 120.2 to top mount just for sh.i.ts and giggles

tommyshango
05-04-2007, 10:26 PM
I just wanted to say thanks. I called for replacement parts.. didnt even see this thread. Got the new hard mount... WOW... real nice parts. Made it much easier on the evga board. I had alot of probs with the striker and the other asus board like the other guy was saying.. shorted it out cuz I wasnt careful enough. I had to tighten it down so hard to avoid it from hittin the caps that I think I went too? hard... Anyways back to evga got it running like a champ. The south bridge mount is alot harder. I actually did exactly like the north then found out when I put the gpu (evga 8800 gts) that it hit the top part of the mount. I tried twisting it a bit but no good. Instead I took off the plastic cap and replaced it with the metal nut. It doesnt hit anything electrical on the gpu so its fine how it is... but im gonna have to take it all apart and put it the right way. I was trying to cheat ... i know i know.. but that south mount is still a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:.. anyways the point is thanks for sending me these parts because I didnt even know they existed and they were a huge help. Had them to me in 3 days flat... nice service only a small charge. well worth it .. great company.. have 2 mcw30s and the apogee gtx.. so far its in the 30's with no overclock and at 3.7 ghz I was only hittin 39C on the cpu ... need more time to see what else I can do.

JeffnWV
05-05-2007, 05:10 AM
for the SB under the gfx card---
try running a nut all the way down on the screw before running it through the backside of the motherboard (screw head and one nut will be on the backside of the motherboard) The screw will be shorter then and won't hit the edge of the card and you should still be able to get the nut on it.

This is what I did for my evga board.

tommyshango
05-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Good idea for the top screw.. thats luckily the only tight fit.. the asus boards are a nightmare compared to evga.

gabe
05-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I just wanted to say thanks. ... need more time to see what else I can do.

You are welcome :)

Keep working -hard- at it, and this is what you might get:

nealh
05-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Great job man..

I have my CC in hand n ready to order :)..

btw i was thinking will this loop order do good ? (it contains 2x F-fitting)
here is a pic

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3647/untitledgf8.png (http://imageshack.us)

I probably would not effect the flow to the cpu(even though the Fuzion is not as flow dependent)...I would use the F fittings after the gpu and then go to the rad...

anyway this is the way I would do it

serialk11r
05-05-2007, 05:24 PM
I probably would not effect the flow to the cpu(even though the Fuzion is not as flow dependent)...I would use the F fittings after the gpu and then go to the rad...

anyway this is the way I would do it

For the sake of getting the CPU more flow, I'd put the F after the CPU...1/4" tubing is damn restrictive, but not restrictive enough so that the flow to the NB block will be limited to the point where your CPU is getting decent flow, if you see what I mean. You could always throw in something SMALLER than 1/4" ID :D but that'd be crazy.

ranker
05-08-2007, 11:20 AM

Swiftech
Lakewood, CA 90712

HARDMOUNT HARDWARE UPGRADE PATH (OTHER THAN USA)
Upgrade kits are being sent to participating dealers worldwide. Shipping and upgrade policies are left at the liberty of the local dealers. If your local dealer does not participate in the upgrade program, Swiftech will mail you the hardware for a nominal postage fee of $5.00

Since we are of the subject of the MCW30, I also wanted to pass on an effective technique to use that block for both NB and SB, using our "F" fittings. Since there is no need for much flow to cool these chipsets effectively, it is possible to use the "F" fittings utilizing 1/4" (ID) tubing as shown in the picture below. This will preserve high-flow in your 1/2" line, with the added benefit of reducing clutter in your sytem, as shown in the images below. Also notice how well the MCW30 fits on the EVGA Southdridge with an 8800 GTX installed.

Enjoy! ;)

Got off the phone and looks like the Stealth is coming within a week, 2 at the latest!

IanY
05-08-2007, 11:26 AM
ranker,

Keep it Stealth ! as in under radar.. at least until I have two of them delivered to my home lol :)

Gabe,

The only things missing are mosfet blocks... or at least larger versions of the MC14s for the mobo mosfets.

Mekrel
05-08-2007, 11:48 AM
I might have to buy a 8800GTX just for that block haha.

Gabe, wanna lend us some money? :D I'll be quids in with the exchange rate too :p

phcjpp
05-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Gabe ..... your holding up my build!! .... just waiting on 2 of those storms.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144315

As I am in the UK I presume I need to order direct from your online store - imagine it might be some time till they hit our shores. Also I presume you can include a couple of the new mounting bits for the 2 MCW30 I just bought last night in an order with Chiled Pc Order No. 348 16/5/2007?

Ta
Chris

grudgelord
05-17-2007, 06:04 AM
Got off the phone and looks like the Stealth is coming within a week, 2 at the latest!

That would be nice. I'll need to order a GPU block very soon and I am going to be thirteen different shades of pissed if I order a block and they release the damn thing a week later.

I'm wondering what influence, if any, the ATI card has on the release of this thing.

gabe
05-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Gabe ..... your holding up my build!! .... just waiting on 2 of those storms.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144315

As I am in the UK I presume I need to order direct from your online store - imagine it might be some time till they hit our shores. Also I presume you can include a couple of the new mounting bits for the 2 MCW30 I just bought last night in an order with Chiled Pc Order No. 348 16/5/2007?

Ta
Chris

Sorry Chris, we don't ship direct to consummers outside of the United States, nor do we provide warranty support to consummers outside of the united States. Sales and support are provided by the local resellers. We provide warranty support to these resellers, not direct to the public.

You can procure the product when it comes out (early next week) from one of our US resellers, the list of such resellers who do export outside of the US is located here: http://www.swiftech.com/international-resellers.asp - Please read the Notice at the beginning of the page.

gabe
05-18-2007, 12:43 PM
ranker,

Keep it Stealth ! as in under radar.. at least until I have two of them delivered to my home lol :)

Gabe,

The only things missing are mosfet blocks... or at least larger versions of the MC14s for the mobo mosfets.

Mosfet blocks are provided with the product, they are the MC21 heatsinks.

Thomas FJ
05-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Mosfet blocks are provided with the product, they are the MC21 heatsinks.
Will the MC21 have the new improved sticky pad as the MC14 just got updated with?
/Thomas

brinox
05-18-2007, 01:52 PM
honestly i must say its very very awesome service for a swiftech person, better yet the CEO himself poking his nose in here with product updates as such.

some of you may have seen my new post about my new system, which is abound with swiftech products. i absolutely love them, and will probably be buying a stealth when it is released. omg i cant wait!

gabe
05-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Will the MC21 have the new improved sticky pad as the MC14 just got updated with?
/Thomas

different application to begin with. had no issues with the 21 which is much lighter than the 14.