PDA

View Full Version : THE GREAT MAY WCG CONTEST: XSTM vs. XSTA! XSTM NEEDS YOUR HELP to JOIN THE FUN!!!

[XC] gomeler
04-19-2007, 05:15 PM
First off we at XSTM would all like to say 'thanks for taking a peek inside of this thread' :bows:
You have successfully taken the the first step to becoming an addict errr, I mean member of XS Distributed Computing . :hehe:

In general XS/DC is a combined effort to benefit humanity through various projects, most of which are associated with the DC-Vault.
Consider the DC-Vault like the eternal Olympics of Distributed Computing, XS/DC strives to snatch the top position away from the current holders and bring it home for XS, while contributing to many worthwhile causes in the process.
This is there XSTM steps in, and potentially, YOU . :fact:

XS_THE_MACHINE (XSTM)

XSTM strives to advance these goals by focusing Xtreme Computing Power on various projects (WCG, F@H, Rosetta@Home, DPAD, QMC@Home to name just a few) as needed to improve XS's standings (and XSTM's ).
Unlike the many hundreds of XS individuals that crunch WCG and the other teams, XSTM's dedicated group of core crunchers can focus their attentions to bolster any weak spots within the XS / DC assault, and help out other teams when the need arises.
By combining XSTM's computing resources of over a dozen dedicated members, the XSTM 'family' has strived to really make the XTREME presence felt in just about any specific project they decide is in need.
When we focus our attention on a project (sometime several) we see great gains immediately and make it known that XS/DC is a force to be ignored by others at their peril :fact:

With that said, XSTM has a new challenge on it's plate.

XS_TEAM_ADMIN (XSTA) has essentially thrown down the gauntlet, challenging XSTM in a race of sorts in the BOINC project World Community Grid (WCG).
Starting @ 00:00 EDT on May 1 until 00:00 EDT on June 1, Each team will strive to outproduce the other. The numbers for Start and End times will be posted, and at the End the difference taken. WhoEver has the most in that time period is 'THE WINNER' :woot:

Normally, such a challenge would be ignored or only partially met, but these are the Admins of Xtreme Systems challenging us.
This is our chance to show these guys exactly who runs XS / DC!
This is our chance to lay down the hammer once and for all! (or at least until the next challenge is issued :D ).

That being said, XSTM is in always in need of more CPU POWER! (ESPECIALLY NOW! :hehe:) Normally XSTM can be scattered across a dozen projects,

HOWEVER in May of 2007 XSTM will focus ALL it's formidable processing might on WCG and we will crunch XSTA into the ground.

This is where you can HELP XSTM Against 'the Evil XSTA (J/K :D )
XSTA has the potential to actually step up and meet us. Currently XSTA is outproducing us by 50k WCG points a day.
Anyone w/ a decent dual-core machine will generate roughly 5k points a day, 10 additional machines will meet their production.

BUT that isn't our goal. We want to make a statement here and crunch them, double, even triple their daily output, and show them who's boss.

That's it, XSTM wants to crunch XSTA in May, we are looking for more members to join us and support our cause, with in the idea that this will generate even more interest in XS/DC.

SO - stop wasting those idle clockcycles, if your machine isn't WCG stable then it isn't stable.

To join the XSTM Family Contact:
[XC] Gomeler
[XC]Melymel2789
Mad Mikee :nuts: or any of the other XSTM admins and we'll get yet set right up!

http://stats.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=XS_The_Machine

[XC] riptide
04-20-2007, 12:22 AM
LETS RACK UP THE POINTS FOR XS AND HAMMER THE ADMINS IN THE PROCESS. :woot:

DAK1640
04-20-2007, 02:04 AM
Hmmmm....Someone PM me....:banana: :banana: :banana:

[XC] riptide
04-20-2007, 03:33 AM
PM sent!

[XC] gomeler
04-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Woohoo! XSTM recruitment is on a roll! XSTA, you'll regret the day you issued that challenge :devil:

[XC] Adywebb
04-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Hmmmm....Someone PM me....:banana: :banana: :banana:
Better get a move on, someone is breathing down your neck ;)

http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/boinc-stats.php?id=259416&project=wcg

__Miguel_
04-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Gomeler, I'm going to join WCG. Just the "low RAM" projects for now, but I'm ready to join. If you can PM me about what I've got to do to join you, hopefully by the end of the day thre will be another CPU to help you (Pentium D 805, stock - too damn hot to OC, and I can barely keep it cool now, it's running around 45~55ºC when crunching... and this with a Sonic Tower and two XL2 Noiseblockers... :S)

Cheers.

Miguel

[XC]melymel
04-21-2007, 02:12 AM
Adywebb;2143295']Better get a move on, someone is breathing down your neck ;)

http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/boinc-stats.php?id=259416&project=wcg

If there's one thing you don't want to do competition wise it's challenge DAK, I did once in DIMES and well just check the stats :p:.

@__Miguel_: ygpm ;).

:toast:

[XC] Adywebb
04-21-2007, 02:33 AM
melymel2789;2143394']If there's one thing you don't want to do competition wise it's challenge DAK, I did once in DIMES and well just check the stats :p:.
Its all good for the project - so bring it on :stick: :D

__Miguel_
04-21-2007, 05:43 AM
melymel2789;2143394']@__Miguel_: ygpm ;)
Ok, extra-n00b question now... I'm not from an English-speaking country, so what does "ygpm" stand for?

Btw, I've been PM'ed already, I'm just setting things up and I'll be good to go in no time. Just the last info and I'll be able to help you guys out.

Cheers.

Miguel

C**p, I hope I didn't just make a mess right now... I clicked "Join team" on the "ExtremeSystems" WCG team... I hope I clicked the right one... :P

mad mikee
04-21-2007, 07:10 AM
You've Got Personal Message :D (or PM , extend that to EM for email)

Ok, extra-n00b question now... I'm not from an English-speaking country, so what does "ygpm" stand for?

Btw, I've been PM'ed already, I'm just setting things up and I'll be good to go in no time. Just the last info and I'll be able to help you guys out.

Cheers.

Miguel

C**p, I hope I didn't just make a mess right now... I clicked "Join team" on the "ExtremeSystems" WCG team... I hope I clicked the right one... :P

__Miguel_
04-21-2007, 07:15 AM
You've Got Personal Message :D (or PM , extend that to EM for email)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So I've actually been redundant :slap: That's ok, at least I learned something new... lol

[/OFF-TOPIC] :p:

Cheers.

Miguel

[XC] riptide
04-21-2007, 09:47 AM
I Might Also Add That When Attaching To Xstm Account Do Not Modify The 'home' Profile. That Is To Be Always Set To 100% Everything. Its A Slightly Modified 'default' Profile That I Use Because My Net Connection Is Not Always On. To My Dismay It Had Been CHANGED For 80% Proc And Ram Usage.!!!!!

__Miguel_
04-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Mikee is checking that out for me, I won't touch anything untill I'm told which profile I can use, and if some kind of "ancient machines/low RAM hog" profile can be created. In the meanwhile, I'm running the "default" device profile, just in case.

Cheers.

Miguel

[XC] gomeler
04-21-2007, 11:44 AM
original post has been modified to reflect the new and improved politically correct XSTM :p: I think all PMs have been handled by Mikee and melymel, otherwise let me know and I'll fire off a few more PMs.

__Miguel_
04-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Thumbs up for the updated profiles, now we're (read: "I'm" :lol:) in business.

Just added a P3-1GHz, 1x 512MB SDRAM. Not much, but every little bit helps, right?

Cheers.

Miguel

[XC] gomeler
04-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Indeed, every little bit helps :) Thanks for jumping on board!