PDA

View Full Version : Falcon QX6800 cooled with Sanyo Denki

Kibosh
04-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Now I'm completely lost :eek:

I was reading a review on (ahum) Tom's hardware about two new rigs with the QX6800 cpu. It's said there that Intel only deliver these cpu to OEM's that know their stuff and they should use very good cooling.

The first one, the Armageddon use the Boreas Chiller from Coolit. But the second one from Falcon Northwest Mach V (http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/04/13/overindulge_yourself_with_qx6800/page6.html) used (I think) the Sanyo Denki watercooling. If I'm correct this is just a small 1x120mm rad with pump and that is it. :confused:

Off course in the article their are just some stupid benchmarks but no temperature readings... Typical :mad:

That QX6800 is running 3.73GHz with a Vcore of 1.65V... Can I achieve this also with my QX6700 with just 1x120mm rad??? Because I'm really searching for a cooling solution that fits my needs.

What am I missing here :confused: :confused: :confused:

IanY
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Its sad that they even need 1.65 volts to run at 3.73 Ghz. I do not suggest that you run any rig with one miserable 120 mm rad. There is no such thing as a high end solution with such pathetic radiator cooling, and I bet their load temps are way into the high 60s.

Just FYI, some folks are getting 4.0 Ghz with a QX6700 with a Vcore of under 1.5V, but they have decent water cooling, not some 1x120mm rad.

Chas_The_Man
04-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Ack! That thing must be smokin.. too sad about Toms hardware, used to be a good site.

redcorn
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Im running really stable at 3.7 at 1.525 I can go up to 3.75 with same voltage. I have one PA120.2 running the cpu only.

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/3966/p27bestrc2.jpg

NaeKuh
04-19-2007, 02:53 PM
O M G i gave up on those nerds over at toms hardware.

I went over thier to assist there cooling section with the spurs of watercooling comments.

I got idiot noobs who swore on koolance and thermaltake products, as well as recomending zalman reserators to people running C2D's oc'd at the 1.4V range, and Quads.

Whats funny is how a guy claimed he was getting 26C idle overclocked on his quad on a zalman reserator, with, and i say this, because i laughed so hard....

WITH a ZALMAN GPU BLOCK on his G80. I dont think they even make one for the G80... do they?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... i asked him for proof, and he never showed it.

Anyhow, i give up on toms. Just like i gave up on anandtech on there HSF reviews. JohnnyGURU reviews FTW! or nikhsub when it comes to h2o products.

Those are the only people i would honestly trust with detailed methodology, and REAL testing results.

And all i have to say is CoolIT freezone? BWAHAHAHAHAHA... mkay, id rather drop in a thermalaright ultra120. Probably get better temps on air with that then a coolit freezone.

serialk11r
04-19-2007, 03:20 PM
O M G i gave up on those nerds over at toms hardware.

I went over thier to assist there cooling section with the spurs of watercooling comments.

I got idiot noobs who swore on koolance and thermaltake products, as well as recomending zalman reserators to people running C2D's oc'd at the 1.4V range, and Quads.

Whats funny is how a guy claimed he was getting 26C idle overclocked on his quad on a zalman reserator, with, and i say this, because i laughed so hard....

WITH a ZALMAN GPU BLOCK on his G80. I dont think they even make one for the G80... do they?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... i asked him for proof, and he never showed it.

Anyhow, i give up on toms. Just like i gave up on anandtech on there HSF reviews. JohnnyGURU reviews FTW! or nikhsub when it comes to h2o products.

Those are the only people i would honestly trust with detailed methodology, and REAL testing results.

And all i have to say is CoolIT freezone? BWAHAHAHAHAHA... mkay, id rather drop in a thermalaright ultra120. Probably get better temps on air with that then a coolit freezone.

:rofl:
Zalman makes blocks, he 'might' have plopped on some homemade mounting bracket. Zalman is a bigger joke than thermaltake. Aluminum tops??????? Thermaltake and Koolance tie, at least Koolance has some high concentration of ethylene glycol to slow the aluminum rad's destruction, and a pump that doesn't break on you every month.
LOL I think I remember seeing a review that said the Coolit Freezone s*** got worse temps than stock cooling :rofl: :lmao: