PDA

View Full Version : Save voltages/temps for NB?

oshox
04-19-2007, 02:03 AM
I am in the process of overclocking my DFI P965-S, and I was wondering how high I could safely go with the NB voltage. Also, I am not sure where to get NB temps. Everest lists an "Aux" sensor, but I'm not sure if it's my NB. Is it the Motherboard temp?

laragirl83
05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I am in the process of overclocking my DFI P965-S, and I was wondering how high I could safely go with the NB voltage. Also, I am not sure where to get NB temps. Everest lists an "Aux" sensor, but I'm not sure if it's my NB. Is it the Motherboard temp?

nah, if there is no additional active cooling or water on your chipset, only stock passive cooling on your NB chip, i'd say you can use 1.45-1.55 maximum, cuz NB on P965 are well known to run hot.
u can touch and feel if its too hot or not, there is no specific sensor for NB temp.

andre X_X
05-15-2007, 09:15 AM
1.45v is max with no fan on top, 1.55 could be use as if you have fan on top.
on DFI mobo, system temp usually read as aux temp but There is no standard for sensor registers layout, so the "Aux" temperature could show the temperature of the CPU or the motherboard, or might be a non-connected wire of the sensor chip, and so it could show a bogus value.