PDA

View Full Version : a bit of confusion here

Spawne32
04-18-2007, 04:08 PM
If you remember the last time, i couldnt get the ram to run at its rated speeds, and u told me that i wasnt running it at the proper voltages, well i upped the volts and it runs fine at its rated speeds now, but theres these other settings that im not sure about what they should be set at.

http://www.lazyforums.net/uploadfiles/100_1833.JPG

one in particular, the refresh to ACT delay, has no automatic setting, so i have to enter my own number, so i used the one listed on the SPD, but that number is for the 4-4-4-15 timings. Do you guys know what should be entered into all the values as far as stock speeds go?

Spawne32
04-19-2007, 09:59 AM
no one has any information as to what the refresh to ACT delay should be?

harvshark
04-19-2007, 11:35 PM
I think this is the same as the TRFC setting on my Asus mobos. I have choices of 42, 35, 30, 25, or 20. The default seems to be 42, so I assume the slower the setting, the more bootable, as with the other timings. I have been able to run as fast as the 25 setting with some RAM, have never been able to hit 20.
I would leave the setting as is until you are sure your rig is stable, and then you could experiment with faster timings and see if it stays stable. I don't know how much impact this setting has on perfomance compared with the 4 primary timings, you would have to run some benchmark programs to test it. I have seen some test results from others that indicate that faster timings can actually degrade performance in some situations, but not usually.
Hope this helps.

Spawne32
04-20-2007, 07:53 AM
well i set it to 0 and i still didnt get any errors.... not sure what it does exactly.

RyderOCZ
04-20-2007, 09:42 AM
35 - 42 is what you should be running.